If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: Repost of some old pictures  (Read 2318 times)

Iowa80

• Regular Membership
Repost of some old pictures
« on: July 11, 2017, 06:57:39 PM »
Sadly, with this recent fiasco with Photobucket virtually all of Ryan's pics are no longer visible. :'(  Fortunately, I had saved a few of my favorites (56 to be exact) to my a folder of my favorite truck pictures on my computer, which is purely for my personal use.  Not all of those are his but I know exactly which ones are, and since Ryan gave me permission to do so, here I am reposting some of his pics. :-\  These really are top notch trucks IMO, and I think they really deserve to be seen by everyone.  I will break this up into four sets of 14.  Ryan, if there is anything you want me to do differently, just let me know and I will respect that, and thank you very much for letting me put these back up.

I'm sorry to say I didn't save any pics of Ryan's truck.  It's not that it doesn't measure up to these (It really does look amazing 8)), but that I guess I tookl those pics for granted.  I'm sure we'll get to see plenty more of it though. :)

Starting off with this absolutely stunning 389.  I'm not generally a fan of pink trucks but this one works really well IMO; one of my favorites of my favorites that I will be reposting. ;D 8) 8) 8)

Another stunning Pete with a matching spread axle reefer...

Trio of immaculate red KWs.  I don't think these are for the same company though.

Unknown 389 with a matching stainless, spread axle reefer

Pride & Class 389 with a stepdeck

Really nice 389 cattle pot

Sharp 579 with a matching reefer

Really sharp 389 with a tanker

W900A pulling one of those reefers that aren't stainless but with shiny grey sides

379 with a matching stainless spread axle reefer

389 with a stepdeck

Another red 379 with a stainless spread axle reefer

Very cool 362 for a company called Schoenbaum

Lastly, this very sharp 389 in a gorgeous copper color. 8)

Hank's Truck Forum

Repost of some old pictures
« on: July 11, 2017, 06:57:39 PM »

Joseph29

Re: Repost of some old pictures
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2017, 02:35:04 AM »
I absolutely love the first 2 trucks! In the 3rd photo the KW in the middle is from Tri-State Commodities.

Iowa80

• Regular Membership
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2017, 11:26:15 AM »
Part 2

Sharp 389 Pride & Class for MC VanKampen Trucking out of Wyoming, MI

Some Petes with stainless, spread axle reefers

I'm 99% sure I saw this truck in person on I-80 in western Iowa last year.  I absolutely love the paint scheme. 8)

Sharp older W900 for Jim Six Trucking out of Ainsworth, IA

Sharp 389? (I can't see the headlights well enough to tell) for Two Brother Transport out of Fort Morgan, CO

Very cool W900A for Pride Transport out of Salt Lake City, UT

Nice W900 with a stepdeck

Very sharp 389 Pride & Class with a matching stainless spread axle reefer

Sharp 567 for William E. Smith Trucking out of Mt. Airy, NC

Very sharp W900 with a reefer

Sharp Coronado mk II for Coastal Cool Refrigerated out of Jacksonville, FL.  BTW I noticed this company is now listed as out of service on SAFER.  Such a shame; they had some really nice trucks. :'(

Jon_G

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2017, 12:06:18 PM »

Thanks for posting these! Shame about Coastal Cool, explains why I haven't seen them in so long. They used to be known as Severt Trucking and then rebranded a few years ago.

Jon

Iowa80

• Regular Membership
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2017, 02:07:18 PM »
Part 3

Nice 389 with a spread axle reefer

Another gorgeous 389 with a stainless, spread axle reefer

Sharp black and white Pete with a black reefer

Gorgeous W900A with a set of belly dumps

Another one of my favorites here is this super classy 379 with a stainless spread axle reefer. 8) 8) 8) 8)

I really like this 389 tanker as well. 8)

Very sharp 389 with a flatbed

Very sharp Pete with a matching spread axle reefer

Sharp 379 with some interesting graphics on the trailer.  It sure stands out though and certainly isn't something you see every day.

I believe these next two were taken at a small truck show in Ryan's area.  First off, this awesome 389 with a cool two-tone paint scheme for Skidmore Transportation Services out of Brigham City, UT.

Also, another of my favorites - this very classy 389 for Duarte Trucking out of Thedalles, OR.  It's already stunning as is; I can only imagine what it would be like if it was pulling a matching spread axle reefer... 8)

Unknown 389 with a spread axle reefer.  I really like it when the reefer unit is painted to match the rest of the truck; one of those little details that IMO goes a long way in making the truck look better. 8)

Very sharp unknown 379.  This truck was featured in a rolling CB interview on BigRigVideos on Youtube a couple years ago, but shortly after that video the owner sold it for a yellow 386 with a matching stainless spread axle reefer.  I know all of these pics were taken after that.  The only change I see here since then is that the top half of the reefer unit has been painted white whereas it used to be all blue.  Otherwise it still is quite the looker and am glad to see it is still being well taken care of.

Very sharp 389 with a matching stainless spread axle reefer.

peterbilttrucker

• Belly Dragger
    • My album
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2017, 06:45:40 PM »
Thanks for posting these. Maybe if I slow down this winter, I'll be able to do more of the pictures lost from Photobucket. You got a lot of my favorites as well, haha.
Class...you either have it, or you don't.

Jon_G

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2017, 07:07:28 PM »

Nice! I got that blue and white Pete with matching reefer down at MATS a few years ago. It's called "Down Incognito" and was working for Berry Trucking at the time. As Iowa80 mentioned, Ryan Derrickson now has a 386. The blue one is a 1999.
Also, no pressure but if you do have time, would be great to have your photos back up. However, I know how much work goes into that, I finally just finished converting all of my links over. In the meantime, thanks Iowa80 for posting these!

Jon

Iowa80

• Regular Membership
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2017, 04:02:28 PM »
No problem; as I said earlier these are trucks that deserve to be seen by everybody, not just two people.

Here is the 4th and final part from these pictures.

Sharp W900 with a reefer

Slick W900 with a stainless dryvan

Sharp 387 with a stainless spread axle reefer

Nice 389 with a reefer

Beautiful 389 for Western Provisions out of Sioux Falls, SD 8)

Older W900 with a stainless spread axle reefer

Sharp W900 for J & A Sons Inc. out of Goshen, OH

Sharp 567 with a matching reefer

Sleek and aggressive looking Pete with a matching stainless reefer 8)

Very sharp 389 with a stainless spread axle reefer

Sharp W900 for MC VanKampen Trucking out of Wyoming, MI.  Not sure if some of these are O/Os but it seems like VanKampen has gotten quite the variety of trucks lately. 8)

Stunning 379 with a matching stainless spread axle reefer 8)

Sharp 389 with a matching stainless spread axle reefer

Sharp 389 for Dave Kuker Trucking out of Spirit Lake, IA.

Jon_G

« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2017, 08:28:18 PM »

Cool to see such a sharp W900L representing OH, have not heard of that company before but what a nice looking truck! The paint scheme has me thinking that might be an ICON 900 edition.
That bronze W900 with the older Aerodyne bunk is owned by Kevin J. Smith from Kanorado, KS, it was down in Louisville a couple years ago for MATS.

Jon

Iowa80

• Regular Membership
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2017, 07:09:44 PM »
What's more, the town that the J&A W900 is based out of is pretty close to Cincinnati, so from your neck of the woods!  That took me by surprise too; usually trucks of that caliber are based out west, or, if based in the east, usually from southwestern Michigan, southeastern Pennsylvania, North Carolina or maybe Florida.

Jon_G

« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2017, 08:06:06 PM »
We keep it classy in Cincy as well ;D ;D
« Last Edit: July 20, 2017, 08:07:58 PM by Jon_G »

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2017, 08:06:06 PM »

Truck Driving Jobs