If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: Draggin' Bellies 2017  (Read 10220 times)

peterbilttrucker

• Belly Dragger
    • My album
Draggin' Bellies 2017
« on: May 07, 2017, 08:11:12 AM »
I'll just start a thread for this year's belly dump season...so far it's turning out to be a good year! Pretty busy, considering it's only May. Terry in 509 and I did the load out of Nipton, Nevada I mentioned in the other thread two weeks ago and ran that same job site again for three days, then got another landscape rock load out of Nevada, this one was from Beatty (Terry went with me again). I had last Sunday off and ran Brigham to Smithfield Monday, ran the Ogden trap haul Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday, and then Terry and I headed back to Beatty for even more landscape rock Friday (got home yesterday). Kinda hoping they keep ordering enough of that Nevada rock to keep giving us one load a week. I'm off today and excited to see what this week has in store for me, but I'm pretty sure that the next week I will be on site in Montello, Nevada with a single belly Monday through Friday, living in the truck and paid by the hour. I'm loving being back under my bellies again!

New 567 Staker/Parson transfer.

New 367 Whitaker super eighteen.

Andy has a set of Rancos that's one year old.

Terry got a brand new set of Rancos and bought mudflap weights all around.

This is Ty. Twenty-one year old that just got his license. We're coaching him through double bellies now, but he's been running a super side and as you can see, he has a lot of ambition. 508 hasn't looked that good since it was new.

The first of our new Kenworth gliders is done and ready to pull a super side.

Scarlett got a good bath a week ago and acid washed the trailers. Looking like summertime.

US6 in Nevada, top of Black Rock.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2017, 08:21:22 AM by peterbilttrucker »
Class...you either have it, or you don't.

Hank's Truck Forum

Draggin' Bellies 2017
« on: May 07, 2017, 08:11:12 AM »

Truck Driving Jobs

RobG

Re: Draggin' Bellies 2017
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2017, 09:50:22 AM »
That orange Pete 362 cabover is from Alberta,haven't seen it in person ,just in pictures.Some real nice 379s in this series and love the old W900A longhood.Your truck is looking good as always.

Iowa80

• Regular Membership
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2017, 10:20:41 AM »
I love those first two reefers; it seems like you see quite a few fancy reefers like that in your neck of the woods. 8)  Also interesting catch on the Western Distributing 567; that's news to me and further proof that the OTR, axle-forward model 567 is being taken seriously as an alternative to both the traditional square hood models and decked out versions of the T680 and 579.

partsman88

• Regular Membership
    • My page (Flickr)
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2017, 06:26:33 PM »
Forward facing spread axle tandems? That look is the bees knees. Pretty much everything is neat here, love all the various dump truck setups and your rig is still looking mighty fine. I think you even caught a new 567 for Western too, that looks strikingly similar to the one I caught today north of Richmond. Gonna have to share that shot soon, man they are beauties when they're done right.

Jon_G

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2017, 09:22:06 PM »

All the pics are great, the COE Peterbilt is very cool, as is the blue Pete with the spread reefer in the first pic, which appears to have a lift axle on the trailer interestingly. All of the Francis trucks are looking cool as usual, the new KW looks like it will be a great addition. Nice catch on the Western 567 as well. The lower, shorter trailer makes me think it is an armored USAC truck, but it's hard to tell.
Glad things are going well for you!

Jon

peterbilttrucker

• Belly Dragger
    • My album
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2017, 01:36:09 PM »
Got a new driver in 35 again.

CWR got two of these 367s to pull super sides.

Ran the Ogden trap all week and rotomilled on I-15 a few hours yesterday.

peterbilttrucker

• Belly Dragger
    • My album
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2017, 01:38:15 PM »
Thanks for the comments and compliments guys! ;D

RobG

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2017, 02:33:29 PM »
Love that blue 379 with the stainless reefer,very classy combo!!

Iowa80

• Regular Membership
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2017, 05:47:32 PM »
It seems your threads are the place to go for pics of really fancy reefers; sure enough there's yet another one with this update. 8) 8) 8)  Soooo classy. 8)

peterbilttrucker

• Belly Dragger
    • My album
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2017, 03:46:37 PM »
There's quite a few fancy ones in our area. I like the style of trucks around home. Thanks guys.

peterbilttrucker

• Belly Dragger
    • My album
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2017, 03:54:43 PM »
The new glider Kenworth is ready for work, got a brand new trailer for it too!

Brand new ten axle set of Western trailers. Walking floors maybe?

A blizzard in late May. We actually had snow on the ground for half the day.

I think I ran the Ogden trap two days last week and South Weber to Kaysville one day (my job from last year), but I lucked out once and got to run two loads of rock to a batch plant in Soda Springs, Idaho and then Friday I did an overnight run to get a load of rock out of Nelson, Nevada. I run the Ogden trap tomorrow and then I'm off for a week to go to Des Moines for the big show!
« Last Edit: May 21, 2017, 03:56:28 PM by peterbilttrucker »

Iowa80

• Regular Membership
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2017, 05:30:38 PM »
There's quite a few fancy ones in our area. I like the style of trucks around home. Thanks guys.

Yeah, no kidding!  I know you only post the best of the best here, but still I never cease to be impressed by your catches.  I really wonder where these fancy reefers are from, as I haven't really seen much concentration of them anywhere else in person or even on the forum much, although granitefan713 did have a few from his trip out west last year.  I was able to read the name on the red and white 389 (my favorite of this batch, BTW), plug it into SAFER, and it's for Dave Kuker Trucking out of Spirit Lake, IA.  I'm sure not all of these are from there but it does seem there are quite a few nice ones based in Iowa. 8)

LMB

• Regular Membership
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2017, 06:05:39 PM »
Those Westerns are definitely walking floors.

Nice catches!

Jon_G

« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2017, 08:25:57 PM »

Hey cool that you caught the T.L. Job Peterbilt as well. He was at MATS earlier this year!

Jon

peterbilttrucker

• Belly Dragger
    • My album
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2017, 08:09:14 PM »
Hey guys, been awhile, really busy still. I did go to Des Moines for the antique truck show. WAY worth the trip. The Becksteads were able to help me out by letting me bring a load out on their new-to-them '99 Kenworth. Really nice truck with big power and really made me want an Aerodyne sleeper. Last week I ran a mix of the Ogden Parsons trap and the Ogden Kilgore plant with one load of rock to Dingle, Idaho on Saturday. So far this week, I'm running Smithfield (which is way nice).
Scarlett in Logan Canyon...needs a bath.

Jeff Wells' new outfit, now with stripes on the wagons.

Found in Wyoming.

Big Red.

Got to run home a ways with some real studs.

Randoms.

On his way to Des Moines.

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2017, 08:09:14 PM »

Truck Driving Jobs

Truck Driving Jobs