If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: New Volvo  (Read 2573 times)

Oso2

• Global Moderator
Re: New Volvo
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2017, 09:57:19 AM »
If they change everything it's bad, if they don't change everything it's bad.

My opinion: it looks fine - but then again I've always liked Volvos.
Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2017, 09:57:19 AM »

Zeprome

• Regular Membership
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2017, 11:16:51 AM »
Some more info: http://www.truckinginfo.com/channel/products/news/story/2017/04/volvo-unveils-vnr-regional-tractor.aspx?ref=rel-recommended

It's called the VNR and it comes in VNR300, VNR400, VNR640. R stands for Regional if I'm not mistaken.

norseman

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2017, 01:15:15 PM »
Even with the same old cab, I think that thing looks quite a bit more modern and fresh than, say, the new Cascadia. I like it!

Jan.
"Advertisements contain the only truths to be relied on in a newspaper." - Mark Twain

Iowa80

• Regular Membership
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2017, 05:36:03 PM »
Not bad!  I do not like the headlight design that has been carried over from the SuperTruck, but otherwise looks handsome.

Jon_G

« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2017, 08:27:56 PM »
Even with the same old cab, I think that thing looks quite a bit more modern and fresh than, say, the new Cascadia. I like it!

Jan.
I like it as well, I've always liked the VNL also, and this is nothing but an improvement IMO.

Jon

Ray F

« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2017, 11:05:05 PM »

More than likely it's just a short-hood version of the updated VNL

Jon
Not trying to brag that I was right, but........... ;D ;)
Technically Theres still another one Coming, The VNT  ;) BTW The VNR I guess is Replacing the VNM  ???

Oso2

• Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2017, 05:42:22 AM »
Man, Volvo really has to improve their model names.  VNL? VNR?

I've got one: how about the Transtar? No one else is using that one right now.  8)

Jon_G

« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2017, 07:44:03 AM »
In Volvo's defense, their products have always bee alpha-numeric, just the way it's been. Their cars sold here are the same. S60, V60 wagon 8) (which I really want), XC90, etc.

Jon

Paystar

• Regular Membership
« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2017, 08:19:43 AM »
"For example, a refrigerated passenger seat, where a driver can store beverages within reach."

http://www.trucknews.com/equipment/volvo-debuts-new-vnr-regional-truck-expocam/1003078330/
The New Generation: 'You have what we call an irrational sense of entitlement. It won't kill you, but it will cause you to believe that you deserve top pay for doing nothing.'

Jon_G

« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2017, 09:07:19 AM »
"For example, a refrigerated passenger seat, where a driver can store beverages within reach."

http://www.trucknews.com/equipment/volvo-debuts-new-vnr-regional-truck-expocam/1003078330/
I can only speak from a non-trucker's perspective, but that's kind of awesome actually.

Jon

Paystar

• Regular Membership
« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2017, 10:09:37 AM »
That's what I like about the big wide cab of my 4900 Star. I have my big 12V Koolatron and 12V oven between the seats.
The New Generation: 'You have what we call an irrational sense of entitlement. It won't kill you, but it will cause you to believe that you deserve top pay for doing nothing.'

Oso2

• Global Moderator
« Reply #26 on: April 22, 2017, 12:18:22 PM »
Trust me,  those vnr's will be ordered as cheap as cheap can be: bare bones city trucks with zero frills and no chrome. Most fleets won't even spring for an iShift: my guess is that 90% will be ordered with 10 speeds.

(City driving is where an iShift really makes sense.)

Jon_G

« Reply #27 on: April 22, 2017, 08:58:49 PM »

True, these are really designed for regional fleets. Most OTR O/O's and sharper fleets that go for a Volvo spec out a VNL780 with all the bells and whistles.

Jon

DonRobbie

« Reply #28 on: April 23, 2017, 02:08:38 AM »
Well, it seems like Navistar and Volvo are sharing the same stylist to do all their "new" designs.

Paystar

• Regular Membership
« Reply #29 on: April 23, 2017, 04:21:43 PM »
Well, took some time this morning and looked at the Volvo website.

Brace yourself.....I like it. I like all the features and the layout. Easy to wash the exterior, LED headlights are my preferred choice and the interior has a lot of nice features.

I like to have lots of gauges, but the new trend seems to be to eliminate them. I guess in todays times you just drive them until the computer shuts it off. Me....I like to know what my truck and engine is doing before it has an issue. But I guess there is most of the information available in the digital display screen.

And I can do without all the safety stuff like the auto braking and throttle and traction control. I'd delete all that.

"I" drive my truck, don't need electronics to do it. Had traction control in a Mack I had and it was stuck all the time until I shut it off. Then that truck would go anywhere without getting stuck.

The world must be in a strange rotation. I just said I liked a Volvo and Oso showed me a long nose Pete he said he liked!!!!!!

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #29 on: April 23, 2017, 04:21:43 PM »