If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Author Topic: 75 Chrome Shop Show April 28-30 in Wildwood, FL  (Read 269 times)

mooby346

• Regular Membership
75 Chrome Shop Show April 28-30 in Wildwood, FL
« on: April 09, 2017, 06:11:39 PM »
Anybody going this year? After my bummer of a trip in January I'm flying down to Orlando Saturday the 29th and will be attending for that day at least. I'm staying outside Tampa though and I'm going to visit some family so I'm not sure if I'll be back on Sunday though.

Hank's Truck Forum

75 Chrome Shop Show April 28-30 in Wildwood, FL
« on: April 09, 2017, 06:11:39 PM »

charlie

• Regular Membership
  • Wish i were built like a Mack truck
Re: 75 Chrome Shop Show April 28-30 in Wildwood, FL
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2017, 06:18:46 PM »
I was talking to Jim Hurley (jimh721) the other day and he won't be going this year.........he lives about 10 minutes away but he has to park so far away he can't really do the long walk. Looks like you'll be the official Hank's photographer for this show. The Chrome Shop & the 3 truck stops & hotels & truck wash off that exit make this a truck fans dream place and I've always had productive outings here............have a good time & take lotsa pics for us.

mooby346

• Regular Membership
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2017, 06:29:23 PM »
Boo, wish I got the opportunity to meet a Hankster or two this year. I've got no problems covering the show, I had a blast at the Southern Classic last year (and will be sharing those shots shortly even though I'm several months late) and I'm looking forward to attending this one. Hopefully they won't be packed in too tight, Google Maps doesn't look promising though.

charlie

• Regular Membership
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2017, 06:48:56 PM »
Yeah the Chrome Shop lot isn't overly big so if there's a lot of entries it'll be crowded. If you're spending the whole day in Wildwood check out the TA across the street & the 2 Pilots ..........a lot of truck traffic heading to SWFLA or the east coast via the Turnpike or coming from Miami or the Naples area exits I-75 here for fuel & a break. IMHO any day in Wildwood is like a show........lotsa good lookin' trucks from all over the US & Canada. :) Have fun!!! ;D

mooby346

• Regular Membership
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2017, 07:04:05 PM »
Yeah the Chrome Shop lot isn't overly big so if there's a lot of entries it'll be crowded. If you're spending the whole day in Wildwood check out the TA across the street & the 2 Pilots ..........a lot of truck traffic heading to SWFLA or the east coast via the Turnpike or coming from Miami or the Naples area exits I-75 here for fuel & a break. IMHO any day in Wildwood is like a show........lotsa good lookin' trucks from all over the US & Canada. :) Have fun!!! ;D

Thanks for the tip. Saw Jim's thread from last year and it definitely didn't look encouraging, but I will be there and hopefully without the sun in my eyes. Thanks for the tips on the truck stops, definitely looking forward to going there. I usually stop at my local stops when I'm on the road anyways because there's always something interesting hanging out at one. Judging from previous chrome shop shows this should definitely be a good one.

Jon_G

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2017, 10:00:38 PM »

Awesome! Looking forward to seeing what you get down there. A show I have really wanted to attend and have not sadly. The photos on here from previous years, along with all the trucks Chris from BigRigVideos gets from down there make it look like a really cool show.

Jon

The Fugitive

• Regular Membership
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2017, 01:58:19 PM »
Just put the Chrome Shop on my to do list. I will be in Sarasota around September time ( Family Holidays ) so will take a trip down there  for a coffee.       Bob.

charlie

• Regular Membership
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2017, 02:04:34 PM »
Bob

Did you ever get the PM I sent you regarding truck hotspots in Florida for your upcoming holiday? The Chromeshop was one of them.......heck the whole exit is a great spot.

The Fugitive

• Regular Membership
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2017, 11:15:01 AM »
Charlie I did thanks very much sorry I did not reply sooner. The wife has already Googled the market at ST Armands Circle and is a Happy Bunny. Thanks again for the info Charlie.      Bob.

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2017, 11:15:01 AM »