If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: Wreckerman's Catches (Updated 12/6/2019)  (Read 64140 times)

Wreckerman

• Regular Membership
  • 🇺🇸
Re: Wreckerman's Catches (Updated 11/29/2019)
« Reply #675 on: December 02, 2019, 05:52:34 PM »
Thanks Jim, the Coronado is a good looking rig, always nice to catch a daycab Coronado.

Thanks very much Rob, I've always liked the low angle shots, I've gotten in the habit lately of putting my camera (or phone in the IH's case) on the ground for those shots.
The 379 is mighty nice, hard to beat a 379 for classic "large car" looks. :)
Move Over & Slow Down for Stopped Emergency Vehicles.
This Includes Tow Trucks and Their Operators.

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #675 on: December 02, 2019, 05:52:34 PM »

partsman88

• Regular Membership
    • My page (Flickr)
« Reply #676 on: December 02, 2019, 10:05:02 PM »
Love that Coronado daycab shot too but there's something about a heavy hauler carrying an off-road dump truck that always catches my eye.

Wreckerman

• Regular Membership
  • 🇺🇸
Re: Wreckerman's Catches (Updated 12/6/2019)
« Reply #677 on: December 06, 2019, 02:55:48 PM »
Thanks Partsman, I always like seeing heavy haulers, especially hauling something interesting like those big dumps. :)

Alright, 6 days into the final month of 2019, seems like a good time for a random round.

First up, an interestingly colored Freightliner Cascadia for Keller Trucking, who're headquartered in Defiance, Ohio.

A sharp Kenworth W900L.

A cool Mack Anthem for Skyline Transportation, whose headquarters are in Knoxville, Tennessee.
I typically don't post obstructed shots, but I don't see Skyline often, and I thought the Anthem looked pretty unique.

A Mack RD.

A cool older Western Star.

A sharp Freightliner Cascadia for Bottomley Enterprises from Ennice, North Carolina.
Always good to see a stainless trailer.

A couple nice PACCAR products; a Kenworth T880 and a Peterbilt 567 for Caviness Farms Grading from Siler City, North Carolina.

A nice Western Star 4700 for the same company.

An older style Mack Granite for Riley Paving from Carthage, North Carolina.

And lastly for today, an interesting Kenworth T600 for Spivey's Garage & Wrecker from Carthage, North Carolina.

JJG

« Reply #678 on: December 06, 2019, 10:03:40 PM »
A very cool round you got going on here today, the Skyline Mack has a gritty Bulldog look to it, glad you posted it, the 3 dump trucks for the same company are sharp, and about the last one.....well, interesting.....load, truck, looks like he hooked into the dozer, pulled the fallen in barn it was in and is just dragging the whole dang show home.

Jim

partsman88

• Regular Membership
    • My page (Flickr)
« Reply #679 on: Yesterday at 02:49:51 PM »
Love that flattop W900, man that's a beauty. Also agree on the Skyline Mack, I'm not a fan of obstructed shots either but that one was worth it. I see them on occasion too but don't have a clean shot yet. The RD Series dump truck looks in great shape for its' age. And I agree on the T600 at the bottom, it may not be pretty but it is interesting.

Wreckerman

• Regular Membership
  • 🇺🇸
« Reply #680 on: Yesterday at 04:39:48 PM »
Thanks guys, glad you liked them! :D

Jim, that is a crazy load behind the wrecker, it looks somewhat like a drill rig of some sort, but the panels on each side are a mystery. The whole outfit looks pretty ramshackle, honestly... ::)
Glad you liked the 3 dumps, during that particular trip I probably saw 20+ rigs for that company, mostly different colors, and all looking equally sharp.

Thanks Partsman, the W9 is a looker, don't see too many of the flattops around here. 8)
I thought the Skyline was honestly one of the more unique and odd looking rigs I've seen in a while, the paint scheme and the black grille and wheel covers make for a distinctive (if kinda ugly) look.
The T6 is somewhat like the Skyline, not pretty, but "unique" enough where you can't help but find it interesting. ::)

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #680 on: Yesterday at 04:39:48 PM »

Truck Driving Jobs