If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: Wreckerman's Catches (Updated 9/9/2019)  (Read 56249 times)

partsman88

• Regular Membership
    • My page (Flickr)
Re: Wreckerman's Catches (Updated 5/30/2019)
« Reply #540 on: May 30, 2019, 04:54:30 PM »
Just curious if that big bunk Volvo for Landstar was pulling a clean white trailer?

I caught a similar rig last year, also at the truck show at Kenly 95 and was wondering if it's the same one.

I really wanted to get a clean shot of it but he pulled in cab forward at the back of the lot and there was no clean shot to be had.

That Pride & Class 389 is really sharp, as is the side shot of that reefer. Glad you had success at Big Boy, those 3 stops in Kenly have treated me well over the years.

And that XPO Lonestar shot as a whole came out really well, it's a very picturesque action shot. And that sharp Pete that you and Charlie shot is neat too.

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #540 on: May 30, 2019, 04:54:30 PM »

Wreckerman

• Regular Membership
  • 🇺🇸
« Reply #541 on: May 30, 2019, 05:14:50 PM »
Thanks Charlie, cool that we've got a match! :)
I honestly couldn't believe the condition of the WIA, I mean, I guess it's got it where it counts, but man, that thing has sure taken a beating. :-\
I agree, the whole Kenly 95 area is a truck fanner paradise. It's also quite a railfan haven to, Selma sees a lot of action.

Thanks Partsman. :D
I do believe it's a match on the Volvo. I don't recall about the trailer, but miscellaneous chrome and accessories seem to match up. The floating axle on the trailer is interesting.  ;)
I was happy to see the Pride & Class, don't see too many around, so they're always a treat. I'd like to see/catch one of the Icon 900 Kenworths, but I haven't came across one yet.
The Lonestar shot came out better than I expected, that one almost snuck up on me and got past, so I had to use my "quickdraw" skills on it.
Move Over & Slow Down for Stopped Emergency Vehicles.
This Includes Tow Trucks and Their Operators.

partsman88

• Regular Membership
    • My page (Flickr)
« Reply #542 on: May 30, 2019, 05:27:01 PM »
Yeah I was thinking the same thing, based on the little you can see it appears the same.

You think finding Pride & Class 389's is hard? ICON 900's put them to shame, I've caught prob. 50 P&C's over the years and like 4 ICON 900's. The ICON's are harder to spot too, at least most P&C's have that unique hood logo to identify them. I've had ICON's pass me but you couldn't tell they were ICON's other than the unique heat shields on the stacks, and by then it's too late.

JJG

« Reply #543 on: May 30, 2019, 11:04:39 PM »
I like the trio shots you got  here today, my favorite out them is the KW T600, 1st Gen Coronado along with the 379 Petertbilt, just a great catch!! Lots of other real neat ones too, the old Volvo.......wow, surprising to see.

Jim.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2019, 10:47:26 AM by JJG »

Wreckerman

• Regular Membership
  • 🇺🇸
Re: Wreckerman's Catches (Updated 6/8/2019)
« Reply #544 on: June 08, 2019, 10:41:34 AM »
Thank ya Jim. :)

Alright folks, here's the first batch for June.

First up today, we have a Canadian visitor: a nice Freightliner Cascadia for King Freight Lines from Pictou, Nova Scotia.

An all PACCAR trio: 2 sharp Kenworth W900Ls and a sharp Peterbilt 389.

A nice Peterbilt 386 for Mayflower, who're headquartered in Fenton, Missouri.

A cool Kenworth T800 for Admiral Merchants, whose headquarters are located in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
I believe this is the first Admiral rig I've caught.

A sharp International 9900 for Blue Thunder Inc. from Kissimmee, Florida,

A cool Freightliner FLD.

A tricked out Chevy pickup.

A nice Kenworth W900L hauling a big ol' dozer.

A very sharp Peterbilt 359.

A cool Kenworth W900A that appears to be a work in progress,
The road construction in the area was really irritating, particularly in shots of such a neat rig.

A nice Peterbilt 389.

A very sharp Kenworth W900L hauling a big ol' off-road dump.
I guess you could say he's taking a dump somewhere...  ;D

A sharp Western Star 4900SB for Brook Ledge Horse Transport, who're headquartered in Ocala, Florida.
I suppose that driver gets paid for horsin' around...  :D

A nice Freightliner Coronado.

A cool Peterbilt 379.

A nice Freightliner Cascadia for Oakley Trucking, whose headquarters are in North Little Rock, Arkansas.
As a side note, I believe Union Pacific has a large maintenance facility in North Little Rock, the Downing B. Jenks Shop.

A sharp Peterbilt 389 with a flatbed load of... flatbed. :)

A nice Peterbilt 379.

A nice International LT for Penske Truck Leasing, who's headquartered in Reading, Pennsylvania.
2 firsts for me: a Penske LT, and the Rooms To Go pups. I've seen the pups before, just never caught them.

And finishing off today's batch, a sharp Kenworth W900L.

JJG

« Reply #545 on: June 08, 2019, 10:54:22 AM »
The Blue Thunder 9900ix is sharp, the FLD120 is a cool catch, appears to have a 60" axle spread on rear, Canuck truck? I also like the 2 grain haulers, the 359 & Coronado mid roof along with the Brooks Ledge horse hauler, very nice!!

Jim
« Last Edit: June 11, 2019, 11:26:03 PM by JJG »

charlie

• Regular Membership
  • Wish i were built like a Mack truck
« Reply #546 on: June 08, 2019, 12:16:28 PM »
Looks like a FL or GA plate on the FLD so i'd rule out it being a Canuck truck. Rooms To Go has a huge DC right off I-95 in Dunn NC maybe 20 miles down the road from where you shot the Penske LT with pups...…..they usually have O/Os pulling their trailers. I can't tell you how many Admiral Merchants rigs I've caught...……..so many I usually throw them back nowadays unless they're a keeper. ;D Nice shots all around  :)……………..that area will keep your camera busy. :D

Wreckerman

• Regular Membership
  • 🇺🇸
Re: Wreckerman's Catches (Updated 6/11/2019)
« Reply #547 on: June 11, 2019, 01:03:09 PM »
Hey, thanks a lot guys! :D

It's that time once again;
Time for another random batch.

Getting this party started, we have a nice unknown Peterbilt 386.

A Freightliner Classic for Las Cruces Transportation from Weslaco, Texas.
It appears to be missing the battery box/steps on this side...

A Kenworth W900L.

A sharp Peterbilt 389 for Truck Service of Florence from Florence, South Carolina.

A cool Freightliner Cascadia for C.R. England, who're headquartered in Salt Lake City, Utah.

A nice Peterbilt 379.

A cool Peterbilt 330.

A sharp Peterbilt 389 for Express Werren from Victoriaville, Québec.

A group of sharp Large Cars: a Kenworth W900L, a Freightliner Classic, a Peterbilt 379, and a Peterbilt 389.

A cool Freightliner Cascadia for ELS, whose headquarters are located in West Memphis, Arkansas,

A sharp Peterbilt 386.

Another group shot: a Peterbilt 379 with its hood up, a Peterbilt 387, a Volvo VNL way in the back, and a Peterbilt 579.

A nice Ford F-350; and a really sharp and cool Peterbilt 567 for Wheaton World Wide Moving, who're headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana.

A Kenworth W900L.
I'll tell you what, that guy really put some work into that rig, because the next day it really looked good, though unfortunately I didn't get a shot.

A cool Freightliner FLD for ALT Transport from Mansfield, Pennsylvania.

A nice unknown Peterbilt 389 and a very sharp Peterbilt 379 for Landstar, whose headquarters are located in Jacksonville, Florida.

A really sharp Mack Anthem for East Penn Manufacturing from Lyon Station, Pennsylvania.
Probably the best looking Anthem I've seen. 8)

A cool Peterbilt 367 for Keen Transport, who're headquartered in New Kingston, Pennsylvania.

A Volvo VNL for Oakley Transport, who're headquartered in Lake Wales, Florida, and a nice Peterbilt 386 for Bill Patterson Trucking from Clayton, North Carolina.

And topping off today's batch, a Kenworth T800 for Dupree Farms from Angier, North Carolina hauling a nice big John Deere.

charlie

• Regular Membership
  • Wish i were built like a Mack truck
« Reply #548 on: June 11, 2019, 01:28:48 PM »
As usual cool shots from Kenly NC. FYI........ELS has a big yard right across the street from the Petro, behind the motel. Hope you checked it out.

JJG

« Reply #549 on: June 11, 2019, 11:35:06 PM »
A very interesting variety batch of pics for today!! 3 sharp 386's, nice group shot featuring the Freightliner, KW and 2 Petes, the 567 from Wheaton and I agree with you on the Mack Anthem being the sharpest one of those to date!

Jim.

Wreckerman

• Regular Membership
  • 🇺🇸
Re: Wreckerman's Catches (Updated 6/14/2019)
« Reply #550 on: June 14, 2019, 03:50:45 PM »
Thanks for looking guys. :)

Alright folks, here's another round.

First up, a super nice Kenworth T680 for Landstar Ranger, whose headquarters are located in Jacksonville, Florida. :o

A nice Kenworth W900L for JJ Cason Transportation from Irvington, New Jersey.

A really sharp Peterbilt 379 for Amazing Grace Farms from Slanesville, West Virginia.

A Freightliner Classic for SMI Steel from Irving, Texas.

A Kenworth W900L for Dorm Transport from Savannah, Georgia.

A really nice Ford F-350.  8)

An extremely awesome Peterbilt 389 for Landstar, who's headquartered in Jacksonville, Florida. :o 8)

A nice International 9300 for J&L Trucking from Ahoskie, North Carolina.

An International Lonestar for ELS, whose headquarters are in West Memphis, Arkansas.

Another nice Ford F-350, this one pulling a big fifth wheel RV.

A nice Freightliner Cascadia for Conestoga Wood Specialties, who're headquartered in East Earl, Pennsylvania.
They have a big factory/warehouse right near the Kenly 95.

A sharp Kenworth W900L for Cliff Alford Trucking from Louisburg, North Carolina.

A Freightliner Cascadia for The Exchange, who're headquartered in Dallas, Texas.
This was a new one for me. Cool trailer. ;)

A 2-pack of nice Peterbilt 579s, the one on the left for TMC, who're headquartered in Des Moines, Iowa, and the one on the right is for Barstow Transportation, whose headquarters are in Lakeland, Florida.

A nice Peterbilt 587 for Strider Transportation from Youngsville, North Carolina.

A tricked out Freightliner Columbia for Landstar, who're headquartered in Jacksonville, Florida.

A nice Kenworth T800 for Wright Contracting, whose headquarters are located in Lawndale, North Carolina.

A cool Freightliner Century.
If you'll notice, this rig has a surfboard mounted on top of the cab. Wonder if it's just for looks, or if it's actually ever used?

A Volvo VNL for American Theatre Productions/Janco Limited, whose headquarters are in Wayne, New Jersey.

And finishing off today's round, a somewhat unusual looking Volvo VNL.

partsman88

• Regular Membership
    • My page (Flickr)
« Reply #551 on: June 14, 2019, 07:35:37 PM »
Damnit so much to catch up on!!!!!!!!! Just got back from my vacation in Detroit today (I know I know, who says "vacation... in Detroit") my friends have been giving me enough shit about that is it is. Detroit is a fascinating place with a fantastic assortment of Michigan style rigs though, as I'm sure all the old timers here know.

Alright here we go. Set #1 from my last response, that King Freight Cascadia is neat (+1 for shooting Canadian rigs) as is that trio of Paccar's. That 386 for Mayflower is nice too, FYI if you're interested in learning most (not all, but def. majority) of moving companies have agents that are located regionally, or in some cases nationally if they're big enough. That 386 works for Mayflower agent Chipman Relocation (you can tell if the trailer is marked for an agent, usually on the side by the back door). Chipman is HQ'd in the PNW although they're a major Mayflower/United/Unigroup agent out west. That Pete 359 you caught is really neat, sorry the jersey barrier got in the way. And I'm not sold on that "work in progress W900A" because I see it almost every year at the Southern Classic, here's a shot of it I took in 2017 where it appears to be exactly the same as it is now. Nice shot on the Brook Ledge horse van with the mini-drom, although I see them all the time up here I stay on the lookout because they really do have some neat equipment out there. The Pete's are nice but I'm def. more interested in the Rooms To Go doubles you caught, I've been trying to get a shot like that for years with no luck. Like Charlie said they have a massive DC in Dunn just down 95 that I see every trip to Fayetteville, although for some reason it's always like 75% empty.

2nd batch that FL Classic is neat, although it would def. look better with the steps/battery box on the passenger side. The wrecker for Truck Service is neat too even if it is a bit plain. You'll get no love from me on that monster mash Pete 330/pickup hybrid, I wouldn't piss on it if it was on fire. The real catch of the entire set is the 567 working for Wheaton, I saw a picture of that on FB months ago and would love to get a shot of it but no luck so far. We're in the busy season now so maybe I'll get lucky. The Deka Batteries Anthem is neat too, they really keep their entire fleet looking sharp.

Set #3 the cream of the crop is obviously the Landstar Ranger big bunk T680, I love the livery on that rig. There's several of those floating around out there, I'm guessing they all know each other. That big bunk 389 for Landstar is also really nice too. And nice shot on the Conestoga Cascadia, I see them every so often up here and they always look good although I miss the Pete that used to work for them. And nice shot on the neat trailer for the Exchange, or the PX as people like my bro call it (not sure if you know it or not but the Exchange is basically the military's version of Walmart, it's a grocery/clothing/etc. store for military personnel/families only and I assume there's one on every base in America). And lastly nice shot on the dueling 579's, that shot almost looks staged with how they line up across from each other.

JJG

« Reply #552 on: June 14, 2019, 10:35:03 PM »
What an awesome week you have here, fantastic Ranger shots-all of them- and I love that Amazing Grace Peterbilt, great colour and paint scheme, the Classic XL is cool and the 9300 for J&L is in remarkable shape.

Jim

The Fugitive

• Regular Membership
« Reply #553 on: June 15, 2019, 09:25:01 AM »
What the troops all said SUPERB SHOTS. I was leaning towards the Mack Anthem
then you hit us with the Landstar KW T680 whats a man to do with all them choices.      Bob.

PS My minds made up it is the Landstar KW.

Wreckerman

• Regular Membership
  • 🇺🇸
« Reply #554 on: June 16, 2019, 10:30:37 PM »
Wow, thanks so much guys, I'm really glad y'all are enjoying these shots! ;D
I've still got lots more really cool rigs from the Kenly area to post, so stay tuned. ;)

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #554 on: June 16, 2019, 10:30:37 PM »

Truck Driving Jobs