If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: Charlie's Catches (Updated 9-12-19)  (Read 568780 times)

RobG

Re: Charlie's Catches (Updated 8-30-19)
« Reply #3870 on: August 31, 2019, 08:52:10 AM »
Definitely some cool rides, enjoy your vacation!!

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #3870 on: August 31, 2019, 08:52:10 AM »

Wreckerman

• Regular Membership
  • 🇺🇸
« Reply #3871 on: August 31, 2019, 09:19:27 AM »
Nice stuff, the Classic in particular looking sharp, always cool when you can get a "smoking" shot. 8)
The T8 wrecker looks good, too. :)
Move Over & Slow Down for Stopped Emergency Vehicles.
This Includes Tow Trucks and Their Operators.

The Fugitive

• Regular Membership
« Reply #3872 on: August 31, 2019, 01:10:14 PM »
A great selection Charlie. Hope you have a nice vacation In Wisconsin. The wife and I will be heading to
Green bay in mid September. We start in Iowa staying at Davenport and you know whats near there
then onto Minnesota St Paul, Green Bay Milwaukee and end up in Chicago. The wife has just informed me
that we will be stopping at a place called Bloomington I wonder whats there maybe a Starbucks or Cheesecake Factory.   
 Any way Charlie have a great time.     Bob.

charlie

• Regular Membership
  • Wish i were built like a Mack truck
« Reply #3873 on: August 31, 2019, 04:00:56 PM »
Thanks for the kind words guys & most of all thanks for looking. :) Sounds like a great trip you & the Mrs. have planned Bob. 8) I'm in Streetsboro OH as we speak and the truck traffic's been slow all day...........guess the holiday weekend took its toll. ;D If you have an hour or two on the drive down from Green Bay stop in Manitowoc and take a tour of the submarine museum........it's awesome. :)

charlie

• Regular Membership
Re: Charlie's Catches (Updated 9-8-19)
« Reply #3874 on: September 08, 2019, 06:07:10 PM »
Just got back home a couple of hours ago from a 9 day vacation to see the in-laws out in Wisconsin. Good weather, drinks & food plus I managed to get in a couple of days of truck fanning......one rip down to Beloit WI & South Beloit IL and a second out on I-90/94 to Portage WI. Got some good shots of trucks I normally don't see back east & will post them later in the week. I've got an overnight swap to Greenville NC tomorrow & my pillow is calling me for an early turn in. ;D

Before turning in i'd like to post my first catch of a KW W990 belonging to LMX Transport of Ellendale MN that was taking a break at the westbound rest area on I-90/94 in Poynette WI on 9-5-19. I liked it  :) 8).....seemed to have a long wheelbase too. :o Is that normal on this model? ???

JJG

« Reply #3875 on: September 08, 2019, 10:22:43 PM »
Nice catch Charlie........all I can say about the wheelbase is that it is likely highly optional but in areas where length laws are not an issue probably will be a common thing to see!

Glad you had a great vacation and welcome back to your region!!

Jim.

Wreckerman

• Regular Membership
  • 🇺🇸
« Reply #3876 on: September 09, 2019, 12:53:57 PM »
Congrats on your first W990 catch, I'm still (impatiently) waiting to see my first one. :)
Move Over & Slow Down for Stopped Emergency Vehicles.
This Includes Tow Trucks and Their Operators.

charlie

• Regular Membership
Re: Charlie's Catches (Updated 9-12-19)
« Reply #3877 on: September 12, 2019, 05:51:45 PM »
Time to share some pics from the trip to Wisconsin that the wife & I took the beginning of the month. Hope some enjoy....it was nice to catch some different rigs for a change.

Gassing up in Streetsboro OH I found this Sheetz Volvo VNL tanker dropping off a load.

DM Transport FL Cascadia MK II from Bolton ON parked on a street in Mukwonago WI after a local delivery.

Sharp Pete flatbed for Storm Trucking Co. sitting in the company yard in Waterford WI.

Rhode's Towing FL Century wrecker at their garage in East Troy WI.

Sawyer's Excavating Pete heavy hauler resting up at the company yard in East Troy WI.

Very sharp Pete 389 running for Searcy Specialized of Harrison OH stopped at the I-43 rest area in Elkhorn WI.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2019, 06:11:33 PM by charlie »

JJG

« Reply #3878 on: September 12, 2019, 09:35:29 PM »
Nice to get some different ones for sure, the Sheetz is sharp, very clean fleet, and the Century wrecker is quite nice too, not your average application but looks great!

The Peterbilt heavy haul is the best of the batch!

Jim.

partsman88

• Regular Membership
    • My page (Flickr)
« Reply #3879 on: Yesterday at 06:51:52 PM »
Those Century wreckers are a rare breed indeed, only seen a couple in my life. Nice shot for the history books Charlie, and congrats on the W990 catch. Shot another one this week fanning off the 401 in Ontario, but I like your shot better. Looks good paired with that reefer. And that Searcy Pete is the perfect shade of burgundy, really nice catch on that one.

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #3879 on: Yesterday at 06:51:52 PM »

Truck Driving Jobs