If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: A Shot A Day March 2017  (Read 8563 times)

Ray F

Re: A Shot A Day March 2017
« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2017, 01:40:55 AM »
Jim, I Believe thats an RB-600, unless I'm Mistaken  ;)

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2017, 01:40:55 AM »

Truck Driving Jobs

partsman88

• Regular Membership
    • My page (Flickr)
« Reply #31 on: March 24, 2017, 07:50:47 AM »
I'm a little late but damn that's a fine looking Pete wrecker Walt. Great catch.

charlie

• Regular Membership
  • Wish i were built like a Mack truck
« Reply #32 on: March 24, 2017, 03:55:17 PM »
March 24 2017..........one of Racz's Towing sharp looking wreckers parked outside their yard in Keasbey NJ.

wbache

« Reply #33 on: March 24, 2017, 05:44:25 PM »
I  guess this is wrecker week--great pic Charlie

Rob Archer

• Administrator
  • Forum Administrator
    • Slickpic
« Reply #34 on: March 25, 2017, 05:16:02 PM »
Saturday March 25 2017

Wayne has sent me another Saturday morning picture ; this time Amherst Crane.
I will upload it later this evening.
Thanks for the pic Wayne.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2017, 05:28:43 PM by Rob Archer »

Rob Archer

• Administrator
  • Forum Administrator
    • Slickpic
« Reply #35 on: March 26, 2017, 07:20:23 PM »
Sunday March 26 2017

A "through the windshield" grab shot of a Freighliner from RST delivering to a local Canadian Tirew gar bar.

wbache

« Reply #36 on: March 27, 2017, 05:40:24 PM »
Yours is better than anything I have Rob

partsman88

• Regular Membership
    • My page (Flickr)
« Reply #37 on: March 27, 2017, 06:35:20 PM »
Idk that mine is better than your shot, which I thought was good, but here goes anyway. Took this photo almost a couple hours ago, and no the sky isn't digitally enhanced or anything, after a super foggy morning followed by a light rain and almost 80 degree temperatures this is what the sky looked like at dusk tonight.

I thought this possible ex-Old Dominion Century looked alright too, it's rare to find one still in good shape nowadays.

charlie

• Regular Membership
« Reply #38 on: March 27, 2017, 08:27:34 PM »
I like both the Bekins unit & the way the photo turned out but I'm pretty sure that's not an ex ODFL tractor on 2 counts. #1 I don't think ODFL had any Century sleepers as think they went straight to Columbias and #2 their fleet AFAIK was all 2 axle sleepers (3 axle day cabs are rare but are around) but I do stand to be corrected. ;D

JJG

« Reply #39 on: March 27, 2017, 09:05:18 PM »
Jim, I Believe thats an RB-600, unless I'm Mistaken  ;)

Thanks Ray, changes made!

Jim

Rob Archer

• Administrator
  • Forum Administrator
    • Slickpic
« Reply #40 on: March 28, 2017, 04:11:46 AM »
I like both the Bekins unit & the way the photo turned out but I'm pretty sure that's not an ex ODFL tractor on 2 counts. #1 I don't think ODFL had any Century sleepers as think they went straight to Columbias and #2 their fleet AFAIK was all 2 axle sleepers (3 axle day cabs are rare but are around) but I do stand to be corrected. ;D

I'm in agreement with Charlie.
Nice shot Mooby!
Took mine down.
Ze Prome - yes I was in the Timmy parking lot but that was an evening shot.
I'm moving mine to either TransX or daycabs....haven't decided yet.

wbache

« Reply #41 on: March 28, 2017, 01:07:18 PM »
Looking at the door of the "Bekins " tractor it says Wheaton Van Lines Inc.  Wheaton bought out Bekins Van Lines Co sometime ago. There are still other Bekins entities around such as in the Northwest who operate as agents most of whom sold their interest in Bekins Van Lines Co to Bekins Van & Stg(California) back in the 50's.   The Northwest Bekins  operation was actually an Atlas agent until Wheaton took over Bekins Van Lines Co. At that time there were a number of separate companies with  the Bekins name --Northwest--OR-WA-ID and BC--headquartered in Portland----IA-NE--Sioux City & Omaha--OK--OKCity-Tulsa---TX -Dallas & Houston--CO-Denver and Bekins Van & Storage headquartered in LA that operated in multiple cities in CA as well as NV-AX-NM-KC Mo-and a number of east coast  branches. Redman in Salt  Lake City was also an original owner of BVLCo when all these different entities consolidated their grandfathered operating rights to form an operation that covered 45 states--The other 3 were  acquired by buying a certificate from an operator in MA that could be tacked by passing thru Essex Co. MA.  This was also the way Allied Van Lines was formed.  Bekins was  originally an Allied agent but elected to go their own way since they had almost all  the pieces to put together a nationwide van Line.  this consolidation was the result of ICC regulation starting in 1935 where certificates were issued based on past operations  and usually covered a limited area or even just part of a state--this applied to all motor carriers of freight and passengers .

charlie

• Regular Membership
« Reply #42 on: March 28, 2017, 05:17:04 PM »
Tuesday 3-28-17........a rainy day back in Secaucus NJ as a disappointed Oshkosh snow plow wishes the temperature would drop about 15 degrees so it could go to work. ;D

partsman88

• Regular Membership
    • My page (Flickr)
« Reply #43 on: March 28, 2017, 07:19:52 PM »
Nice catch Charlie. I just got my winter tires swapped out today, they are being ruined driving in these humid temperatures we switched to after it being cold last week. What a disappointing winter lol.

As for my shot, I think you're most likely right, especially after googling a bunch of older OD trucks. Still felt like it might be but it's most likely not. I wasn't paying attention when they were running these older rigs anyways.

Looking at the door of the "Bekins " tractor it says Wheaton Van Lines Inc.  Wheaton bought out Bekins Van Lines Co sometime ago. There are still other Bekins entities around such as in the Northwest who operate as agents most of whom sold their interest in Bekins Van Lines Co to Bekins Van & Stg(California) back in the 50's.   The Northwest Bekins  operation was actually an Atlas agent until Wheaton took over Bekins Van Lines Co. At that time there were a number of separate companies with  the Bekins name --Northwest--OR-WA-ID and BC--headquartered in Portland----IA-NE--Sioux City & Omaha--OK--OKCity-Tulsa---TX -Dallas & Houston--CO-Denver and Bekins Van & Storage headquartered in LA that operated in multiple cities in CA as well as NV-AX-NM-KC Mo-and a number of east coast  branches. Redman in Salt  Lake City was also an original owner of BVLCo when all these different entities consolidated their grandfathered operating rights to form an operation that covered 45 states--The other 3 were  acquired by buying a certificate from an operator in MA that could be tacked by passing thru Essex Co. MA.  This was also the way Allied Van Lines was formed.  Bekins was  originally an Allied agent but elected to go their own way since they had almost all  the pieces to put together a nationwide van Line.  this consolidation was the result of ICC regulation starting in 1935 where certificates were issued based on past operations  and usually covered a limited area or even just part of a state--this applied to all motor carriers of freight and passengers .

Thanks for the history lesson Walter! I still have a Bekins agent in my backyard, I believe they are called Bekins A-1 Movers, but I'm aware Wheaton owns Bekins now. I see Wheaton trucks unloading from time to time in their yard.

Rob Archer

• Administrator
  • Forum Administrator
    • Slickpic
« Reply #44 on: March 29, 2017, 03:00:43 PM »
Wednesday March 29 2017
From Wayne Crane's "Spot" at Islington Avenue and Highway 401 in northwest Toronto.

W900 Kenworth steel hauler that is painted in the colours of "Fallen Flag" McGillion Transport now running for RCT of Kerwood ON.

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #44 on: March 29, 2017, 03:00:43 PM »

Truck Driving Jobs