Author Topic: Lunchtime At MY Overpass - 2017.  (Read 3201 times)

Rob Archer

• Administrator
  • Forum Administrator
    • www.hankstruckpictures.com
Re: Lunchtime At MY Overpass - 2017.
« Reply #60 on: June 08, 2017, 11:04:26 AM »
Update Friday June 2 2017

So, my computer wasn't working properly and I had lost enthusiasm to take any truck pictures.
I left the computer alone for a couple of weeks and them...it worked!
Last Friday I was out running an errand and really didn't have much time but the sun was shining so when I went past The Overpass I figured I'd stop for 10 minutes or so.

A Pete from Red Star Logistics out of Hamilton was passing a glass hauler.

Weekdays have lots of daycabs like this Mack from PetValu a local chain of petfood stores.

I shot this Freightliner on Easter Monday too.

NOVA STEEL but the carrier name doesn't seem to be Chriscott Leasing anymore. A new T680 is a nice steel hauler tractor.

Titanium Transport is a new player - it has grown through acquisitions. This Prostar with MT Btrain flat cruised past.

I think this Cascadia is a new unit for MTI.

This Freightliner shows IBT on the door but the paint is Old School Day and Ross.

Volvo from ITS based in Belleville.

Pride Group Logistics is another newish carrier who has grown through acquisition and consolidation of some smaller carriers.

Mackie from Oshawa - ,more than just a moving van operator.

Rob Archer

• Administrator
  • Forum Administrator
    • www.hankstruckpictures.com
« Reply #61 on: June 08, 2017, 01:49:10 PM »
June 2 2017 continued

Construction!
When I think of Mack trucks - they are found in construction related applications.
Here were have a CH hauling a load of gravel passing a RD Twin-steer cement mixer.

A Peterbilt 379 from Seatainer Transport with a 40 foot dry can.

CAT tried to make inroads in the Vocational truck market but it was a short lived attempt.

Anyone remember the trucking TV show BJ and The Bear? This Columbia is run by BJ BEAR Grain Company of Kitchener

EBD from Winnipeg

What about the "A-TEAM" TV adventure show....here is A-Team Transport of Brampton. The tractor looks to be from Dynevor.

and since it was only a short stay - we finish with a ZOOM. Genesis Express Freightliner zooming a Pete 579 from Marcel Dion of Farnham Quebec.

The weather is supposed to stay nice for a few days - I'll try and get back for more LTOP Action on the Queen Elizabeth Way.

mooby346

• Regular Membership
« Reply #62 on: June 08, 2017, 09:05:00 PM »
Great stuff Rob, glad you found your enthusiasm again. Love the Mack vocational truck shots, the twin steer cement mixer is neat and the 379 for Seatainer is cool too. I wonder what the max weight allowance is for that BJ Bear Columbia with the axles-for-days trailer?

JJG

« Reply #63 on: June 08, 2017, 09:08:31 PM »
Nice update Rob, the CAT combo is cool, the Nova KW T680 is sharp and the Star glass hauler is too, do they have to drop that trailer to unload the glass with the HIAB?

Jim.