If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: Reefer Truckin' Continued  (Read 7921 times)

peterbilttrucker

• Belly Dragger
    • My album
Re: Reefer Truckin' Continued
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2017, 07:58:53 PM »
Looks like you're enjoying your travels Ryan but I wonder about all the ham steak dinners & steak & eggs...........pretty soon you won't fit into that little bunk. :D ;D :P

I've been worrying about that, haha. Good thing it's almost summer, I do plenty of shoveling with the belly dumps, so I might burn a little off just in time for next winter.
Class...you either have it, or you don't.

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2017, 07:58:53 PM »

peterbilttrucker

• Belly Dragger
    • My album
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2017, 08:01:41 PM »
That hood gives your photos real & exciting perspective !

Thanks! Now if I can get a new windshield we'll do even better, haha.

peterbilttrucker

• Belly Dragger
    • My album
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2017, 08:03:35 PM »
Thanks for taking us along on the grand tour.

Sure capturing some nice Iron along the way too. 8)

-Ted

Thanks! Love getting out there and seeing something other than the usual dump trucks around home, haha.

peterbilttrucker

• Belly Dragger
    • My album
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2017, 08:15:02 PM »
Well, only got one day off after I got home from Kentucky, so it's a good thing they unloaded it early! I was asked to do a favor and grab a load for Kent, Washington. I had a pick in Salt Lake and another in Burley, Idaho, went fairly smooth. My reload was two picks as well, one in Moxee, Washington, one in Prescott, Washington. I was stuck in Moxee ALL day and missed the pick in Prescott, so I had to wait until the next day. I made the trip to Washington and back without putting on tire chains though! (First time this season.) That load was bound for Tempe, Arizona, so I came through home and was there for about twelve hours before I headed south. I unloaded that on Sunday morning and knew I was going down to Nogales to load four picks of produce on Monday, so I got the truck washed and started hand polishing. I got everything but the drive wheels done and was running out of steam, so I had the polishing guys at Danny's in Phoenix take care of them. It took about twelve hours to load in Nogales, so I only made it to Tucson that night. Bought some reflectors for my horn covers at the Tucson Truck Terminal Tuesday morning and headed home. Since the truck was all shined up, I took the scenic route home through Jacob Lake, Arizona and stopped four times to take pictures of my truck with the scenery, haha. Unloaded Wednesday morning in Salt Lake and I've had two days off. I just got dispatched for another Erlanger, Kentucky, so should be a great week! Hoping I can do this load two weeks in a row so that I can attend MATS in Louisville...and then I might be done with the reefer.

peterbilttrucker

• Belly Dragger
    • My album
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2017, 08:28:57 PM »

Zeprome

• Regular Membership
« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2017, 08:44:37 PM »
 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

LITERALLY VERY AWESOME BUNCH OF SHARP PHOTOS OF YOUR PETE.

peterbilttrucker

• Belly Dragger
    • My album
« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2017, 08:53:04 PM »
Thank you very much! There appears to be something wrong with my camera on my phone though, not sure if just a dirty lens, or something bigger.

IowaSuperTrucker

• Regular Membership
    • http://truckinboy.slickpic.com/gallery/
« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2017, 08:15:37 AM »
I gotta come in to your section more often, outstanding photos!  And of course, us truckers that don't run long haul anymore still like to hear the stories, where you bounce to, etc.  Spent may days unloading in the AM, reload late PM, drive all night, unload AM.....the Reefer Curse!

Good stuff man!  If you ever make it to Minnesota.Minneapolis I'll buy you lunch/dinner!

Iowa80

• Regular Membership
« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2017, 02:19:42 PM »
I have to agree; another amazing bunch of photos!  I love all the fancy reefers you get to see; in this batch the green Pete with the spread axle reefer, the two tone blue 389 below it, and the orange 389 in the last pic are really cool. 8)  Of course, your own truck is looking super classy as always too. 8)

TWP

• Regular Membership
« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2017, 02:41:09 AM »
Yer hav'n too much fun !

Git to werk !
Truckin`Addiction.
Argueing with a trucker is like wrestleing with a pig in the mud.
After a while you realize the pig is enjoying it.

Jon_G

« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2017, 10:01:23 PM »
 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

peterbilttrucker

• Belly Dragger
    • My album
« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2017, 03:09:48 PM »
I gotta come in to your section more often, outstanding photos!  And of course, us truckers that don't run long haul anymore still like to hear the stories, where you bounce to, etc.  Spent may days unloading in the AM, reload late PM, drive all night, unload AM.....the Reefer Curse!

Good stuff man!  If you ever make it to Minnesota.Minneapolis I'll buy you lunch/dinner!

Thank you very much, I appreciate that. I always hoped to get a load to Minnesota or Wisconsin, but hasn't happened yet.

peterbilttrucker

• Belly Dragger
    • My album
« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2017, 03:14:12 PM »
I have to agree; another amazing bunch of photos!  I love all the fancy reefers you get to see; in this batch the green Pete with the spread axle reefer, the two tone blue 389 below it, and the orange 389 in the last pic are really cool. 8)  Of course, your own truck is looking super classy as always too. 8)

Thank you!

peterbilttrucker

• Belly Dragger
    • My album
« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2017, 03:15:54 PM »
Yer hav'n too much fun !

Git to werk !

Haha, I told the load planner that everytime he loads me for the midwest or south, that I feel like I'm on vacation. He didn't know what to say to that.  ;D

peterbilttrucker

• Belly Dragger
    • My album
« Reply #29 on: March 19, 2017, 03:30:52 PM »
Had another great trip to Kentucky! Made all the same stops I always do on that run, had great weather the first two days. It snowed on me while I was parked at Iowa 80 though and snowed/rained all the way to Erlanger the third day. It stayed above freezing though, so never had any trouble. They were kinda busy the night I got there, so I just went to bed and figured I'd wait until my scheduled time to unload Tuesday morning. After getting empty, I scooted down to Cromwell, Kentucky to load chicken at the Perdue plant that had two drops in Denver, Colorado Thursday. They loaded it quick, so I went a little out of route just to enjoy US36 across Missouri and Kansas one more time. Headed up to I-64 from Cromwell, into St. Louis, and up US61 to Hannibal, Missouri. Had a great day Wednesday just taking in the two-lane trucking, stopped in Idalia, Colorado at one of my new favorite restaurants, The Grainery, for some amazing chicken fajitas. My unloads went great in Denver and I got my favorite reload home, empty milk crates. I left Denver in the early afternoon and had some fairly serious wind in Wyoming to deal with for a load of empty milk crates (sixty plus miles per hour), but I made it into Layton, Utah in time for same day delivery. Love it when that works, so I can just go home instead of sleeping thirty miles from home to wait and unload the next morning. Got back to the shop and got a service and rinsed the truck off and I've just been relaxing. The best part is, I get four days off waiting for another load to Kentucky and I've been told that there IS a load to Kentucky Tuesday, so I should be able to attend MATS in Louisville! Still waiting on details, should know more tomorrow. Boss man said maybe one more short round after I get back from there before hooking up the bellies, but I'm taking off a few days again around my anniversary the first part of April either way.

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #29 on: March 19, 2017, 03:30:52 PM »

Truck Driving Jobs