If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: Reefer Truckin' Continued  (Read 7930 times)

peterbilttrucker

• Belly Dragger
    • My album
Reefer Truckin' Continued
« on: February 18, 2017, 03:25:11 PM »
Been a little better lately than the three back to back Seattle turns I posted about last time. My favorite round was three weeks ago, I loaded a two-drop load for Cleveland, TN and Bluffton, IN. Had a laid back schedule and got to go through some of my favorite places. Delivered the first drop early, second drop made me wait, but I just slept. After unloading, it took them most of a day to find me a load, but I bounced down to Indianapolis and loaded seven pallets on a dry load to St. George, UT. Again, pretty relaxed schedule. After unloading that, I just deadheaded home and was in a great mood. I had requested an Atlanta load, but they loaded me the following week for Portland (because one of our other drivers turned it down, I didn't know that was an option) and that trip was interesting. I had to chain up to come down Cabbage on the way up, unloaded that and headed to load milk crates in Swan Island, and lost a brake can at the shipper. It was leaking so bad, I couldn't release the brakes, so I was stuck there most of the day waiting on a mechanic. By the time I was fixed, freezing rain had moved in and it was icy all the way from Portland to Pendleton. A truck spun out near Arlington and they made us chain up...wore those all the way to Hermiston and shut down for the night. The next day, trucking went smooth. I unloaded those Friday morning near home, had the weekend off, and loaded pies for Belvidere, IL on Monday! Going out went awesome, got a truck wash and a great ham steak at Iowa 80, unloaded early on Wednesday, and then headed down to Chicago for my reload. Well, turns out it wasn't supposed to load until late that night, so I sat at the shipper all day, ordering a pizza to be delivered to the truck. By the time I was loaded, I had a very tight schedule to get to Denver, CO to unload yesterday morning, but at least the weather was awesome. After kicking that off, I had another surprise...the reload wasn't scheduled to load until late in the afternoon, making me sit around all day again and then drive all night to make it in time to deliver in Salt Lake this morning, but I made it and I'm home now. That load was two pallets of cut fruit that paid full rate, haha. Not a lot of sleep this week, but still beat a load to Seattle or Portland by a long shot.....and paid a lot better too! We'll see where they send me Monday I suppose.

I always see cool old trucks in the Midwest.

Got a big deer killer on 539 now.

After a wash in Missouri on the trip to Tennessee.

Chained up at North Powder, OR.

Our two new gliders have arrived. Flat glass cabs.
Class...you either have it, or you don't.

Hank's Truck Forum

Reefer Truckin' Continued
« on: February 18, 2017, 03:25:11 PM »

peterbilttrucker

• Belly Dragger
    • My album
Re: Reefer Truckin' Continued
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2017, 03:44:56 PM »

I've run a lot of back roads lately, it's been great, seeing a lot of big rides and slowing down to see the small towns.

charlie

• Regular Membership
  • Wish i were built like a Mack truck
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2017, 04:06:47 PM »
I love runnin' back roads & enjoyin' the scenery..........you sure are livin' the life Ryan. :) 8) ;D The skinny bridge...........is that over the Big Muddy? ???

peterbilttrucker

• Belly Dragger
    • My album
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2017, 04:24:46 PM »
I really hope they can keep sending me east. I want to do an Erlanger, KY, an Atlanta, GA, and a Dallas, TX before the season is over...and maybe something in Minnesota or Wisconsin too.

The fifteenth picture down that only pictures guard rail is over the Ohio River, the other bridge that I posted three pictures of is the Mississippi, both crossings were just south of Cairo, IL running from Sikeston, MO over to I-24 in Kentucky. I had to go a few miles out of route to eat at one of my favorite places in the world...Lambert's Cafe in Sikeston.

charlie

• Regular Membership
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2017, 05:03:39 PM »
Thanks Ryan. ;) As far as runnin' back east you should go for the gold and do a New York City 5 stopper with a finale in Hunts Point. ;D It'd be nice to see Paul Kane catch you on a Sunday in the Hunts Point 500. :D :P

peterbilttrucker

• Belly Dragger
    • My album
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2017, 06:57:14 PM »
It would be pushing me out of my comfort zone to do northeast, but I'd still prefer trying that over another Seattle turn, haha. They do have freight up there.

Iowa80

• Regular Membership
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2017, 07:57:12 PM »
Lots of cool catches as always, and it looks like we have a double catch on that Landstar K100:

And Bluffton, IN huh? Looks like you were in my neck of the woods then - that's only about a half hour south of me. 8)

peterbilttrucker

• Belly Dragger
    • My album
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2017, 09:19:29 PM »
I saw that truck in Kentucky on I-75 and I sat in Bluffton for most of a day, haha.

Thanks!

peterbilttrucker

• Belly Dragger
    • My album
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2017, 02:15:35 PM »
Lucked out last week for sure! I got a light load of ice cream out of US Cold Storage in Syracuse, UT going to Erlanger, KY that loaded Tuesday. Same load I did there last year. I made it to Big Springs, NE the first night and Walcott at Iowa 80 the second night for another ham steak dinner, a shower, and more spare time than I knew what to do with. The next day, I stopped by a friend's place in Lincoln, IL for lunch and to see a Little Window 359 he is restoring and then headed down to Erlanger to check in that night (wasn't scheduled until the next morning). They're awesome to deliver to though, they let me drop the trailer and go get some dinner, unloaded me early, and then let me sleep in their lot until I got a reload. Well, turned out my reload was ice cream, which I loaded right back out of the same door I just delivered in and it was going right back to Syracuse at US Cold again, haha. It was a little heavier, which was good for the wind I encountered in Wyoming, and had an equally relaxed schedule. On the way east, I had great weather the whole time, but I took the south route on the way home to avoid snow, which worked, for the most part. Had a couple short blasts of rain in Indiana and Illinois on I-64, made it to Oak Grove, MO, showered, and went to bed. The next morning I walked to Waffle House for steak and eggs and hit the road. I had checked the roads and decided to head north on I-29 up to Nebraska to run I-80 home. Sunny skies and a nasty headwind all the way across, but I made Cheyenne, WY before dark. However, the road was closed due to an accident, so I just grabbed some dinner and called it a night. Yesterday, I got up at three in the morning and the road was open, so I headed home. No snowfall, but had some sections of black ice and blowing snow, but it didn't slow me down too much. I was exactly twenty-four hours early for my unload appointment, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to swing by on the way home and ask, haha. It worked, they unloaded it, so I get an extra day off at home. 8)

peterbilttrucker

• Belly Dragger
    • My album
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2017, 02:59:30 PM »
I had to crop these two shots, the truck is quite a distance from the road. Diamond Reo Royale in Minden, NE.

charlie

• Regular Membership
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2017, 03:24:54 PM »
Looks like you're enjoying your travels Ryan but I wonder about all the ham steak dinners & steak & eggs...........pretty soon you won't fit into that little bunk. :D ;D :P

tery

• Regular Membership
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2017, 04:15:37 PM »
That hood gives your photos real & exciting perspective !
__________ In memory of drivers __________
 Red Ball , Georgia Fox , Yardbird , Diamond Doll

TWP

• Regular Membership
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2017, 07:45:32 PM »
Thanks for taking us along on the grand tour.

Sure capturing some nice Iron along the way too. 8)

-Ted
Truckin`Addiction.
Argueing with a trucker is like wrestleing with a pig in the mud.
After a while you realize the pig is enjoying it.

Pascal Pion

• Regular Membership
  • St Hyacinthe,Quebec,Canada
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2017, 05:25:25 PM »
Looks like you crossed path with Art!! Did he recognize you??
War is the terrible ransom that humanity has to pay for it's stupidity...
                  Lt Col Charly Forbes,WW2 hero
                   Maisonneuve Regiment

peterbilttrucker

• Belly Dragger
    • My album
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2017, 07:56:50 PM »
Looks like you crossed path with Art!! Did he recognize you??

I don't think he saw me go by, haha.

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2017, 07:56:50 PM »

Truck Driving Jobs

Truck Driving Jobs