If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: Reefer Truckin' Again  (Read 4924 times)

peterbilttrucker

• Belly Dragger
    • My album
Reefer Truckin' Again
« on: December 11, 2016, 11:24:52 AM »
I started with a reefer for the winter on Wednesday last week. I need to stay closer to home until the end of the month, so they've been going pretty easy on me. Did a load of cheese from Gooding, Idaho to Smithfield, Utah on Wednesday and loaded butter for Denver, Colorado on Thursday. Drove 350 miles in the snow on the way there, took a nap, unloaded and reloaded Friday morning with empty milk crates headed home. Everything on the way home went great Friday, other than a two hour delay on I-80 just west of Laramie, Wyoming for a truck fire. I go unload the milk crates in Layton tomorrow morning and then load "dairy" in Syracuse for another Denver round. Loving the new-to-us trailer so far. It's kind of plain, but newer than our other one. The doors open so much easier and the axles slide with no effort at all!

Class...you either have it, or you don't.

Hank's Truck Forum

Reefer Truckin' Again
« on: December 11, 2016, 11:24:52 AM »

Truck Driving Jobs

tootall67

• Regular Membership
Re: Reefer Truckin' Again
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2016, 12:23:05 PM »
  What's the story on that long load, hard to tell if its one, two or three units........

peterbilttrucker

• Belly Dragger
    • My album
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2016, 12:39:18 PM »
I believe it's one piece. Two push trucks were parked on the other shoulder.

tootall67

• Regular Membership
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2016, 01:14:51 PM »
I believe it's one piece. Two push trucks were parked on the other shoulder.

Ok, thanks for the reply......

Paul Kane

• Regular Membership
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2016, 07:12:09 PM »
Was something also burning way off to the right of the truck that was on fire?

Jon_G

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2016, 08:57:41 PM »

The new trailer looks good, and awesome catch on the Pete 352 as well!

Jon

tootall67

• Regular Membership
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2016, 01:34:59 PM »
Was something also burning way off to the right of the truck that was on fire?

Looks like there is something burning to the right...........

peterbilttrucker

• Belly Dragger
    • My album
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2016, 08:11:09 AM »
Yes, the truck fire just started a small brush fire.

peterbilttrucker

• Belly Dragger
    • My album
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2016, 08:26:00 AM »
I took the Denver load two weeks ago and brought another round of milk crates home, unloaded them the same day and dropped the trailer at Americold in Clearfield to load a three-dropper in Phoenix Wednesday the 14th. Got down there in the middle of the night, took a nap, and then went to my first drop. I was stuck there six hours and missed the receiving hours of my second drop, went to the third drop and they let me pull off the second drop's pallets myself so they could get their stuff unloaded and then they put the other customer's stuff back on for me. Spent that night at Danny's Big Rig Resort and got up Friday morning to try the second drop again. After I was empty, I ran down to Nogales to load three picks of Mexican produce to deliver in Salt Lake early Sunday morning. Monday morning I was at Smith's in Layton, loading fruit punch for Denver again, unloaded Tuesday morning and reloaded beer for Salt Lake. Met up with one of our other reefer trucks in Cheyenne to run home with. Had to run 30/287 around Elk Mountain because I-80 was closed because of wind. Got the beer off Wednesday morning and brought the truck home, switched to my bellies, and dragged a load of salt to Boise on Thursday. Now I've had three days off and I'm waiting for a dispatch e-mail right now. Told them I wanted to just do one short round this week (probably Denver) and then we'll get further from home in the new year. I do plan to haul some more Boise salt though, if everything goes smooth.

Jon_G

« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2016, 12:31:20 PM »

Hard to choose a favorite pic here, and best wishes to you in the New Year! The first photo is two unique trucks. Very rare to see an IH 9700 in good condition, so many of those were fleet rigs that were exported back before the used truck market really took off here. I believe that is one of the Lo-Pro models, as the truck sits slightly lower than a normal 9700/9800 would. It sure is a sharp looking COE. And then there's that cool White/GMC in the background.
The K100 looks to be a former Inco Express tractor, nice to see one still working, same with the white IH. And awesome catch on the Western daycab!

Jon

peterbilttrucker

• Belly Dragger
    • My album
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2017, 07:42:08 PM »
Thanks, happy New Year to you! All of the trucks in the first three pictures were Mexican produce trucks. I kinda like going down to Nogales to load produce because of all the cool old Mexican trucks bringing my load over the border. There's even a later GMC Astro daycab I've seen around a couple times. That Western daycab shuttles trailers in and out of the import warehouse where we load beer in Denver, so I see it several times every time that I load there.

peterbilttrucker

• Belly Dragger
    • My album
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2017, 07:46:29 PM »
Did a Denver round again last week, it was a quick one! Unloaded and reloaded out of King Sooper's early Wednesday morning and headed home with a load of donuts. Dropped the trailer in Clearfield to be unloaded that night and came to the yard to hook my bellies. Took a load of salt to Caldwell, Idaho Thursday and pre-loaded salt for Parma, Idaho that I delivered Friday, then went down to Clearfield to get my reefer trailer. Loading for Seattle tomorrow and really hoping for good weather up there and that they'll load me for the midwest next week!

Jon_G

« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2017, 08:30:37 PM »

Both great pics, that's definitely a nice looking spread axle 389.

Jon

peterbilttrucker

• Belly Dragger
    • My album
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2017, 09:28:11 AM »
Well, the Seattle trip last week went great! Had to wear tire chains from Ontario, Oregon to Huntington, Oregon on the way up, but the unload and reload went smooth and had clear weather (but sub-zero temperatures) all the way home. Unloaded fruit juice in Salt Lake Friday and had the weekend off. Now I'm supposed to load a four-dropper for Seattle tonight. It's warmed up at home and is just raining now, I sure hope for that all the way to the coast, haha. Not complaining, but I still really hope they load me for the midwest next week!

The Fugitive

• Regular Membership
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2017, 02:10:31 PM »
Glad to hear the Reefer work is going well.Just wondering when your company is getting rid of the Peterbilts and buying you a new  NIKOLA trucks that are being built in Salt Lake City.US Express has ordered one. They are powered by a Hydrogen cell and they recon they will be better than the Telsa car.     bob,

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2017, 02:10:31 PM »

Truck Driving Jobs