If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: Walmart ProStar Skyrise out of North Platte, NE  (Read 1586 times)

norseman

• Administrator
Walmart ProStar Skyrise out of North Platte, NE
« on: November 23, 2016, 10:43:02 AM »
I caught this IH ProStar Skyrise out of Walmart's North Platte, NE DC on I-80 near Overton, NE in March. Its driver is a two million mile safe driver. Now, is it just me, or is this a very rare truck in Walmart's fleet? I can't recall seeing any more than this one.... has anyone seen more of these in other parts of the country?

Jan.
"Advertisements contain the only truths to be relied on in a newspaper." - Mark Twain

Hank's Truck Forum

Walmart ProStar Skyrise out of North Platte, NE
« on: November 23, 2016, 10:43:02 AM »

IowaSuperTrucker

• Regular Membership
    • http://truckinboy.slickpic.com/gallery/
Re: Walmart ProStar Skyrise out of North Platte, NE
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2016, 11:06:47 AM »
I haven't seen any up here in MN....just Cascadia's are all we have.

tootall67

• Regular Membership
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2016, 11:14:00 AM »
  Hey there Iowa, is that Ford plant still running up there in St.Paul

norseman

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2016, 01:00:48 PM »
I haven't seen any up here in MN....just Cascadia's are all we have.

Yes, on my trips I've seen plenty of Cascadias, 386s and T660s, which have evolved into Cascadia Evolutions, 579s and T680s (the last two I have not seen big numbers of yet, but I do know Ottawa, KS have T680s and Loveland, CO have 579s so far, at least), but new ProStars is something I haven't seen...

Jan.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2016, 01:54:26 PM by norseman »
"Advertisements contain the only truths to be relied on in a newspaper." - Mark Twain

Jon_G

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2016, 04:21:47 PM »

Normally the million milers have a different color tractor, currently they are doing blue and before that is was that deep plum color. Have never seen a Skyrise Prostar for them, only the older ones they had from a few years back.

Jon

norseman

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2016, 01:56:21 PM »
I think with Walmart one has to go all the way to 3 million miles before one gets a different color tractor? Or is it two? I know I have seen plenty of one million milers and 1.5 million milers with regular white tractors, not entirely sure about two million milers. They might usually get a different color. I guess this guy got a different type of tractor instead if so... :)

Jan.

mdm_richard

• Regular Membership
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2016, 03:18:42 PM »
I haven't seen any Prostars on the west coast for a couple years, the last ones were 2007 models. Apple Valley is 100% Peterbilt and Buckeye will be the same in the next year or so. You have to achieve 3 million safe miles to receive an award tractor.

norseman

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2016, 12:39:47 PM »
I haven't seen any Prostars on the west coast for a couple years, the last ones were 2007 models. Apple Valley is 100% Peterbilt and Buckeye will be the same in the next year or so. You have to achieve 3 million safe miles to receive an award tractor.

Ah, ok, that's what I originally thought. Thanks for the clarification. It seems all the California DCs have been mostly Peterbilt for a while, but this year I saw at least one sleeper Cascadia based out of Red Bluff, in addition to a daycab, so I guess there are exceptions up there, at least. Can't recall any non-Peterbilt catches I have made out of the Porterville DC, though, so I suppose they may be 100% Pete, too, then?

Jan.

mdm_richard

• Regular Membership
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2016, 11:17:53 PM »

Ah, ok, that's what I originally thought. Thanks for the clarification. It seems all the California DCs have been mostly Peterbilt for a while, but this year I saw at least one sleeper Cascadia based out of Red Bluff, in addition to a daycab, so I guess there are exceptions up there, at least. Can't recall any non-Peterbilt catches I have made out of the Porterville DC, though, so I suppose they may be 100% Pete, too, then?

Jan.

Porterville is 100% Cascadia and Red Bluff is nearly 100% Cascadia with the exception of some Peterbilt day cabs. Oh I forgot, Apple Valley has some Cascadia day cabs.

norseman

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2016, 09:39:45 AM »
What? That's surprising.... has this changed recently, then? I am pretty sure I have pictures of quite a few Porterville and Red Bluff 386s...?

Jan.

mdm_richard

• Regular Membership
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2016, 11:17:54 PM »
What? That's surprising.... has this changed recently, then? I am pretty sure I have pictures of quite a few Porterville and Red Bluff 386s...?

Jan.

Yes It changed recently. CARB laws now demand clean idle APU's which are only on our 2016 and 2017 model tractors. Low mileage 2010's and all 2011-2015 tractors were shifted east. All remaining 2010 and older models go to auction. We have to be 100% compliant by the end of the year.

norseman

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2016, 12:59:08 PM »
Ah yes, I see. The times they are a-changin' and all that....  :-\

Jan.

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2016, 12:59:08 PM »