If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: Freightliner Inspiration Truck  (Read 1318 times)

tootall67

• Regular Membership
Freightliner Inspiration Truck
« on: October 21, 2016, 12:31:21 PM »

Hank's Truck Forum

Freightliner Inspiration Truck
« on: October 21, 2016, 12:31:21 PM »

Truck Driving Jobs

Jon_G

Re: Freightliner Inspiration Truck
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2016, 04:39:47 PM »

I'm not a fan of the whole autonomous driving aspect of this, but as far as looks go IMO it's actually kind of cool, I like all the blue LED's, the bumper lights would have been a neat addition to the 2018 Cascadia (which this essentially is) instead of the snow plow front bumper.

Jon

Iowa80

• Regular Membership
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2016, 05:23:21 PM »
In some ways I like some little details better than on the production Cascadia, especially the interior.

Jon_G

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2016, 09:14:30 PM »

Yeah the interior on this looks so much better in terms of materials, I can't say whether the layout makes sense or not as I don't drive trucks, but this looks a lot nicer. The little details on the exterior really make a difference.

Jon

tootall67

• Regular Membership
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2016, 11:41:48 AM »

Yeah the interior on this looks so much better in terms of materials, I can't say whether the layout makes sense or not as I don't drive trucks, but this looks a lot nicer. The little details on the exterior really make a difference.

Jon

Yes, the interior does look nice.......

Paystar

• Regular Membership
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2016, 05:14:28 PM »
Take away the autonomous stuff, put an 18 speed in it, fill the black panel on the dash with gauges, put a 2002 C15 Cat in it and I'd drive one.

I don't mind that mirror/camera combination.
The New Generation: 'You have what we call an irrational sense of entitlement. It won't kill you, but it will cause you to believe that you deserve top pay for doing nothing.'

charlie

• Regular Membership
  • Wish i were built like a Mack truck
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2016, 05:34:52 PM »
While in autonomous mode can the driver sack out in the bunk? ???

krooser

« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2016, 06:51:07 PM »
Hate those dumb blue lights... I couldn't care less about the style but the problem with a FREIGHTLINER is parts and service. Walk up to most of those parts counters and ask for a simple bulb, fuse, switch or valve and they never have it in stock.

I remember going to the KW dealer in Cincy for some brake work on my T300 but they were too busy so I went to Freightliner. I called FL ahead of time and they said they'd get me right in and had the parts in stock. Then I saw the FL parts truck leaving the KW dealer with my brake parts... got the work done OK and I was satisfied but that was almost the only good service story I have from my later years in a FL.

doug mckenzie

• Regular Membership
  • Doug McKenzie
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2016, 05:29:34 AM »
Take away the autonomous stuff, put an 18 speed in it, fill the black panel on the dash with gauges, put a 2002 C15 Cat in it and I'd drive one.

I don't mind that mirror/camera combination.

You'd probably get it in a "New Cascadia" or a regular one, but for a price.

With all this hype of "New Cascadia" and Inspiration Truck, at least the Inspiration Truck addresses a great failing of the Cascadia: The in cab sun visors in the Cascadia will not cover the complete width of the windshield when needed. On the left and right corners of the A-pillar, there's a 2 -3 inch gap that the sun will come through and the windshield centre has no inner visor at all.
Makes driving into the sun later in the day a glaring chore.

As far back as the 70's, Mack's Cruise-Liner had a 3-piece set of sun visors - 1 for the middle.

At least the Inspiration Truck shows an anti-glare centre piece.

Bet that'll be a pretty penny to replace when a new windshield is needed.
But then again, we all know that there's all kinds of money to be made in truckin'.
Right-wing Old School.

Wee Willy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2016, 07:32:10 AM »
But then again, we all know that there's all kinds of money to be made in truckin'.

That's why we're all rich. ::) :)

So......., there I was, tooling along in my self driving truck, playing a truck sim game on my iPad when the e logger shut the truck down in a rest area in the middle of the wilderness because I had been awake for twelve hours.
 I had to go wee really badly, but there were 2 grizzly bears and a cougar roaming the parking lot, and the outhouse was a couple hundred feet away.
 Right about then it began to snow heavily and within an hour the parking lot was full of autonomous trucks filled with drivers that had to use the facilities or suffer severe consequences, which paled in comparison to the alternative consequences.

Just when they all believe they're going to soil themselves or be eaten by wild animals, and might starve to death if the snowstorm lasts for several days, all of a sudden they hear an ancient sound, the sound of a jake brake resonating loudly through straight pipes!

The wild animals run away and they are confronted by an even wilder animal, Krooser!

The old truck was all mechanical and made of aluminum, and behind it he pulled a strange looking reefer trailer, and there were chains on all the tires.

The auto pilots all gathered round the strange vehicle, to thank the driver for saving them, and gazed in amazement at this old truck, none having ever seen tire chains, or a truck with a gearshift, let alone two gear shifts.
 Well........, only 5 or 6 of them, the rest were standing in line at the one holer or tinkling around the edge of the parking lot.

Anyway, Krooser opened up the trailer, which was a rolling lunch wagon and convenience store, (Willy was coming behind him in another old truck full of hookers), and Krooser cooked up burgers and dogs and sold them at a very high profit margin, as well as beer, pot, bennies, feminine hygiene products and various other party items that stranded motorists and truckers might need in this new autonomous world, also at a very high profit margin.

When all were fed and replenished, Krooser headed out in the snowstorm to the next rest area to feed and replenish them as well, at a very high profit margin.
 Soon after Willy rolled in pulling a cathouse on wheels, (gender neutral, politically correct), and Troy arrived with a rolling dance hall complete with a live rock band.

Just goes to show, you can make a decent living if you own a truck and think outside the box!

The first rule of the road is:
"If anything can happen, at any time, it will!"

Paystar

• Regular Membership
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2016, 06:28:26 PM »
Hahahaha  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
The New Generation: 'You have what we call an irrational sense of entitlement. It won't kill you, but it will cause you to believe that you deserve top pay for doing nothing.'

krooser

« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2016, 05:50:22 PM »

That's why we're all rich. ::) :)

So......., there I was, tooling along in my self driving truck, playing a truck sim game on my iPad when the e logger shut the truck down in a rest area in the middle of the wilderness because I had been awake for twelve hours.
 I had to go wee really badly, but there were 2 grizzly bears and a cougar roaming the parking lot, and the outhouse was a couple hundred feet away.
 Right about then it began to snow heavily and within an hour the parking lot was full of autonomous trucks filled with drivers that had to use the facilities or suffer severe consequences, which paled in comparison to the alternative consequences.

Just when they all believe they're going to soil themselves or be eaten by wild animals, and might starve to death if the snowstorm lasts for several days, all of a sudden they hear an ancient sound, the sound of a jake brake resonating loudly through straight pipes!

The wild animals run away and they are confronted by an even wilder animal, Krooser!

The old truck was all mechanical and made of aluminum, and behind it he pulled a strange looking reefer trailer, and there were chains on all the tires.

The auto pilots all gathered round the strange vehicle, to thank the driver for saving them, and gazed in amazement at this old truck, none having ever seen tire chains, or a truck with a gearshift, let alone two gear shifts.
 Well........, only 5 or 6 of them, the rest were standing in line at the one holer or tinkling around the edge of the parking lot.

Anyway, Krooser opened up the trailer, which was a rolling lunch wagon and convenience store, (Willy was coming behind him in another old truck full of hookers), and Krooser cooked up burgers and dogs and sold them at a very high profit margin, as well as beer, pot, bennies, feminine hygiene products and various other party items that stranded motorists and truckers might need in this new autonomous world, also at a very high profit margin.

When all were fed and replenished, Krooser headed out in the snowstorm to the next rest area to feed and replenish them as well, at a very high profit margin.
 Soon after Willy rolled in pulling a cathouse on wheels, (gender neutral, politically correct), and Troy arrived with a rolling dance hall complete with a live rock band.

Just goes to show, you can make a decent living if you own a truck and think outside the box!

THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT!!!

(btw.... not be be an jerk but you still owe me for a six pack of bootleg Timmie's donuts and a refill on your two gallon Pilot coffee mug)

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2016, 05:50:22 PM »

Truck Driving Jobs

Truck Driving Jobs