If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: Interesting Idea  (Read 649 times)

Jon_G

Interesting Idea
« on: October 06, 2016, 07:13:38 AM »

This device appears to adjust to posted speed limits electronically. While I don't love the idea of mandatory limiters at all, I feel like if this is what I am thinking, it may be somewhat better, at least allowing trucks to go at the posted limit, which is usually 65-70 on most major US interstates, therefore keeping up with traffic vs. being a rolling roadblock.
http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20161003005360/en/Breakthrough-Truck-Speed-Limiter-Adjusts-Local-Posted

Jon

Hank's Truck Forum

Interesting Idea
« on: October 06, 2016, 07:13:38 AM »

norseman

• Administrator
Re: Interesting Idea
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2016, 02:30:18 PM »
Definitely better, yes.

Jan.
"Advertisements contain the only truths to be relied on in a newspaper." - Mark Twain

Oso2

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2016, 03:27:53 PM »
The Ontario govt specifically forbade these when speed limiters came in.

Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!

Paystar

• Regular Membership
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2016, 04:15:27 PM »

This device appears to adjust to posted speed limits electronically. While I don't love the idea of mandatory limiters at all, I feel like if this is what I am thinking, it may be somewhat better, at least allowing trucks to go at the posted limit, which is usually 65-70 on most major US interstates, therefore keeping up with traffic vs. being a rolling roadblock.
http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20161003005360/en/Breakthrough-Truck-Speed-Limiter-Adjusts-Local-Posted

Jon

Wait until you have to drive across most of Ontario at 55, LOL.
The New Generation: 'You have what we call an irrational sense of entitlement. It won't kill you, but it will cause you to believe that you deserve top pay for doing nothing.'

tootall67

• Regular Membership
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2016, 04:33:45 PM »
  I can't drive 55iivvveeeeeeee...........I think I will write a song.......LOL..........

krooser

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2016, 04:36:22 PM »
I went into the office begging for 67 MPH... no comprende' sez management. Maybe after January 1 after fuel mileage is reviewed. That leaves me out... no APU... no Espar heater... non operating bunk door.

So when I go back to work in November (assuming my new knee is healed) i'll be the red/white KW blocking the right lane.

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2016, 04:36:22 PM »

Truck Driving Jobs