If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: Cheasapeake Bay Bridge  (Read 14338 times)

Ray F

Re: Cheasapeake Bay Bridge
« Reply #60 on: July 25, 2013, 01:02:10 PM »
Last year while spending some time in Virginia Beach the good lady wanted to go Delaware. It was a beautiful day to drive over the Bay Bridge and what do I find at the North end but a rest area and who do I find but Kenny, Pete and Mack with a pair of Binders all chilling out good excuse for coffee.    BOB.
looks like on FB there are some Very Nice looking Rides Based Down on the Eastern Shore, I'd like to Spend Couple Days down that Way  8)

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #60 on: July 25, 2013, 01:02:10 PM »

charlie

• Regular Membership
  • Wish i were built like a Mack truck
« Reply #61 on: July 25, 2013, 01:10:51 PM »
Bob

Coming out of Virginia Beach you came over the Bay Bridge - Tunnel which is pretty cool in itself. I stopped at that rest area a couple of years ago on the way home from Florida & thought it would make a good photo site. Sounds like the Mrs. wanted to do some shopping at the outlets in Rehoboth Beach. ;D
« Last Edit: July 25, 2013, 04:32:46 PM by charlie »

The Fugitive

• Regular Membership
« Reply #62 on: July 25, 2013, 01:58:17 PM »
Charlie, what we Guys do for one or two Truck pics lol. This year we are heading to ST LOUIS MO then down to Texas so the big Question is where are  the photo opportunity,s in this area. The Gateway Arch is for my good wifes camera as my camera has problems with scenery unless there is a truck in the frame.    BOB.

charlie

• Regular Membership
« Reply #63 on: July 25, 2013, 04:34:49 PM »
Bob

St. Louis & Texas huh..........a little out of my territory. I'd PM Norseman (Jan) about photo spots........he's probably been around that area in the last couple of years. ;D

The Fugitive

• Regular Membership
« Reply #64 on: July 26, 2013, 12:14:58 PM »
Charlie.   Thanks for that I will be meeting up with JAN on 3 & 4th August as he is coming over to Scotland for a Truck show in Edinburgh so I will have two days to get all the info. Thanks again.   BOB.

Gary Smith

• Fleet eye for the Chicken guy
« Reply #65 on: July 27, 2013, 09:02:22 AM »
Last Friday (-19-13) a car was struck from behind by a big rig & went off the bridge and into the water. Luckily the woman survived and was rescued.  :o :)

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/video-captures-womans-survival-after-car-tumbles-off-chesapeake-bay-bridge/2013/07/24/be9c5342-f48b-11e2-a2f1-a7acf9bd5d3a_story.html

According to the Baltimore Sun, the truck was from Bulk Carriers out of PEI.  The woman was taken to Shock Trauma in Baltimore but was released the next day with only minor injuries. 

The eastbound bridge was closed for several hours.  A friend of mine who lives in Cambridge (about an hour away on the Eastern Shore) had come up to Annapolis to run a quick errand, got stuck in the backup and didn't get home until 3AM.
It's a Mack thing. you wouldn't understand.....

"Every highway, just beyond the high beams"

charlie

• Regular Membership
« Reply #66 on: May 16, 2015, 07:35:16 AM »
Took a snap shot of this Fedex Ground doubles westbound on the Chesapeake Bay Bridge yesterday. Nice on a calm sunny day.........pita on a rainy windy one.

rexmanno

• Regular Membership
« Reply #67 on: May 16, 2015, 02:07:55 PM »
Have crossed that bridge many times in both directions in all kinds of weather, also crossed under in a small speed boat, it is spectacular from the water or from the top.
Knowing what the traffic was almost all the time around both Baltimore and Washington D.C. I used that bridge almost all the time, but one saturday night I decided to go down I-95 to I-495 taking the south side around Washington D.C. figured it would be very little traffic at midnight, was doing very good til I got to the last exit in MD before crossing the Potomac River, there it was 2 accidents, one in each direction so the road was blocked solid both ways, police came and told us truck drivers to go to bed, we will wake you when the road would be open again this was due to oil spilled on to the road way, automobiles was detoured on to the southbound on ramp, there was not enough room for us to make the turn up the ramp so we where told to stay.
06:15 am a fireman knocked on my door telling me to get started and be ready, 06:30 I left.
Needless to say I was grateful for the good night sleep.

charlie

• Regular Membership
« Reply #68 on: December 03, 2017, 06:20:14 AM »
Found this 2013 article about a guy who runs a service to drive people over the Chesapeake Bay Bridge. Charges $25 for folks who are too scared to do it themselves.......some interesting stories, pics and video.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2331679/Chesapeake-Bay-bridge-The-Maryland-bridge-terrifying-locals-pay-25-company-shuttle-car.html

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #68 on: December 03, 2017, 06:20:14 AM »

Truck Driving Jobs