If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: I 80 in Nebraska Never Disappoints  (Read 3539 times)

Rob Archer

• Administrator
  • Forum Administrator
    • Slickpic
I 80 in Nebraska Never Disappoints
« on: September 19, 2016, 01:26:39 PM »
For action shots.
It is on my Bucket List.
I look at the map and think - Kearney.
Union Pacific mainline for trains and I 80 for trucks,

Carry on with the I 80 pictures Jan.
I hope there will be MORE!

Rob

Hank's Truck Forum

I 80 in Nebraska Never Disappoints
« on: September 19, 2016, 01:26:39 PM »

Iowa80

• Regular Membership
Re: I 80 in Nebraska Never Disappoints
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2016, 06:45:59 PM »
I couldn't agree more! 8)  I would love to do some action shots on I-80 in Nebraska myself someday, preferably in the next few years because I have my doubts on whether trucks will still look anywhere near as good as they do now in 10 years. :-\

norseman

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2016, 08:15:48 AM »
Well thanks, Rob! Sure glad you're enjoying these I-80 shots. Yes indeed, Nebraska's stretch of I-80 is awesome for truck pics, and Kearney is an excellent pick for a spot to take pics, too. My favorite spot to do so there is on the little mound right next to the parking lot for the Archway, where there is a sign advertising the Archway. Climb up on it, and you get a great view over the Interstate.

Jan.
"Advertisements contain the only truths to be relied on in a newspaper." - Mark Twain

Rob Archer

• Administrator
  • Forum Administrator
    • Slickpic
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2016, 03:15:54 AM »
The latest series (Elm Creek to Lexingston) might match one of my Ontario Main Street series and my Produce Warehouse series.
BTC run those Prostars up The 401 to Toronto.
Moonstone and Roadstar both seem to have daycabs to deliver the trailers into Toronto while MontCal will run up The 401 through Toronto and head east to Mongtreal.
I have seen Peace Transport at the F,G,Listers warehouse. (Page 18)
Oh, and Cheema too. I wonder if there is a relationship with Peace.

http://hankstruckforum.com/htforum/index.php?topic=1522.0

« Last Edit: September 23, 2016, 10:12:04 AM by Rob Archer »

Rob Archer

• Administrator
  • Forum Administrator
    • Slickpic
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2016, 03:06:51 AM »
I should have put this thread - my I80 Nebraska comments - as a sticky!
I was looking for it on the Spring Break pictures.

That COE Pete cattle hauler, I do not understand the visor and the bumper. Not to forget the exhaust pipes.

All these features are too big - the visor is the worst of the "big".
They destroy the lines of an otherwise sharp, sharp tractor.

Lots of good  I80 shots in your Spring Break pictures too Jan.

Rob

norseman

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2016, 02:45:08 PM »
Glad you're still enjoying, Rob! I haven't had time to post for a few days, but hopefully will put up a few more pics in not too long. Not right now, though, as it is now bedtime! Hehe. :)

As for the 362, I guess some people find custom stuff like that cool. Personally I don't mind a little bit of, shall we say, modernization when it comes to a COE, as long as it is a fairly modern one, like this one - the bumper and stacks are ok with me, but I, too, find the visor to be too big. That is the only thing I would change on this one, personally. But the older the COE gets, the more original I, too, prefer it to be.

Jan.
"Advertisements contain the only truths to be relied on in a newspaper." - Mark Twain

Iowa80

• Regular Membership
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2016, 02:57:28 PM »
I totally agree about that 362.  I don't mind the stacks too much, although I would prefer slightly more modest design.  I actually like the bumper.  The visor is the worst of it, but doesn't get to the point of ruining the whole truck, and could be much worse like one of those awful visors with the point in the middle. ::)

Like Jan said, I suppose some people simply like a more aggressive, masculine look.  To play devil's advocate here, such people could look at a stock yet very sharp truck and say that it's too pretty, bland, or whatever.  Technically neither one is right or wrong, but for myself an easy on the eyes, clean and classy look is more my style.

Jon_G

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2016, 07:41:27 PM »

I'm with Iowa80 on this one, I too like the bumper. To each their own, but the custom Texas bumpers get a lot of criticism on the older trucks, and I get that it's not 100% stock, but on some to me they look nice. Not saying the stock bumper doesn't look good as well, but here I like it, I guess it kind of depends on the truck. The visor is not for everyone, granted I don't love it, but I have seen far more outlandish visors than that. Looks are a very subjective thing, just glad to see a 362 still running.
And, really enjoying the pics Jan.

Jon

Rob Archer

• Administrator
  • Forum Administrator
    • Slickpic
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2016, 09:26:13 AM »
I moved this to the Norseman board in general.

Hey Jan!
Next time you're out shooting I80 in Nebraska watch for Challenger Climate.
I don't know if you get them, probably not, but I have been seeing ads on Facebook looking for drivers,teams and owner-ops to run California for Climate.
I tried to copy and paste it but it took me to their recruiting page.
I'm not posting any ads for Challenger unless they pay Hank to run them.

norseman

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2016, 12:48:09 PM »
I think I have seen one or two trailers with Challenger Climate on them, but I can't really recall if I have caught them or if I have seen them in Rick's pictures. If I have caught them, they shall emerge by and by, I guess. :)

Jan.

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2016, 12:48:09 PM »

Truck Driving Jobs