If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: first test drive ends .... not well  (Read 2528 times)

Forgotten66

• supershowrigs.com
first test drive ends .... not well
« on: September 12, 2016, 11:44:59 AM »
well.. after months of work on the a model... rebuilding the top end of the motor.. turbo, fuel pump work.. electrical work.. redoing the dash .. all new wiring and switches.... i decided on 8/28/16 2 sundays ago to take the truck out for her first test run.. to make sure it was ok for the labor day parade ....

well i went out the road i live on an back.. she wasnt getting enough fuel an wasnt building enough boost.. soo i took her back to the house turned the pump up some more.. and she was good to go...  decided to head up the road about 10 mins to my buddys shop who was building some parts for the truck.. needless to say..  she only made it about 3.5miles before this happened.....

bunch of kids from NJ who were illegally swimming in on of the old quarrys by me decided it was a smart idea to race side by side.. on a 30mph.. 2 lane, no shoulder, blind s curve road.. and they pretty much hit my kdub head on.. the truck isnt in good shape.. shes currently at ETC to see if its even possible to repair her..      the kids car.. yeah its totalled.....  everyone walked away.. i got banged up from bashing my head off the drivers door....   the kids had full curtain air bags amazingly....  they got charged and written for several tickets..  im out of work for a lil while dealing with medical stuff.....  but yeah...  this is how the first test drive ended up.. what a Fkin mess ........

anyone with antique trucks.. or toy trucks,. MAKE SURE YOU HAVE IT INSURED FOR A GOOD AMOUNT, keep reciepts.. and if your smart. have a truck aprasiser .. aprasie the truck so you can prove the valve...

Hank's Truck Forum

first test drive ends .... not well
« on: September 12, 2016, 11:44:59 AM »

charlie

• Regular Membership
  • Wish i were built like a Mack truck
Re: first test drive ends .... not well
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2016, 12:54:17 PM »
First question was gonna be if you're ok but you answered that. :( 2nd question.........was the kdub insured? ???

Forgotten66

• supershowrigs.com
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2016, 01:00:12 PM »
of course it was..   but that dont mean anything in this case..   other party already admitted full fault..  its just with how major the damage is... i dont think she will be fixed.... its not looking good at this moment... shes hurt bad

norseman

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2016, 01:30:22 PM »
Well, this sucks, reeks and blows.... :'( :'( :'(

Jan.
"Advertisements contain the only truths to be relied on in a newspaper." - Mark Twain

Rob Archer

• Administrator
  • Forum Administrator
    • www.hankstruckpictures.com
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2016, 03:45:42 PM »
What sad pictures.
Bad luck Josh.
 >:( >:( >:(

Chris_E

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2016, 05:11:43 PM »
That's awful luck Josh. All that time and hard work... Those kids are lucky to be alive though. If you hadn't written the post, I would've thought someone was seriously injured or worse.
The foot turned to the horse, the horse to the carriage, the carriage to the train, and the train to the truck.

TWP

• Regular Membership
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2016, 08:58:58 PM »
Nasty, hope your body is pain is manageable.

Hope the others regain with more respect vs consequence.

-Ted
Truckin`Addiction.
Argueing with a trucker is like wrestleing with a pig in the mud.
After a while you realize the pig is enjoying it.

Jim Herriot

• Regular Membership
  • ........who?........
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2016, 02:23:39 PM »
anyone with antique trucks.. or toy trucks,. MAKE SURE YOU HAVE IT INSURED FOR A GOOD AMOUNT, keep reciepts.. and if your smart. have a truck aprasiser .. aprasie the truck so you can prove the valve...

...even with all that. ;D...u will b amazed at the hoops that will b set up 4 u!!!!!!!! >:( :o :P...after my deer strike, I was around the horn with Adjuster's, appraisers, body shops,and insurance agents. :-X...end ed up doin most the work myself, when my insurance came do next year, I was dropt. >:(......Good luck, hope it works out 4 u. ;D...Jim. ;)
...duties and obligations, before pleasures and desires...

DRIPTROIT 71

• Regular Membership
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2016, 07:51:48 PM »
Wow! I hate to see this. I've been following this project for a long time. I hope that your able to fix it. The blessing is that everyone is okay.

Dan Burkhart

• Regular Membership
  • Oakville Ontario
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2016, 01:10:14 PM »
Wow, that's just sad. I've followed the build since the beginning, and was impressed with the result.
This just sucks.
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement.

kenworthman1976

• Silly Boys...trucks are for girls!
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2016, 03:51:52 PM »
Not good!

Anna
"The Ecstasy of Iron" Trucking photographer. Modern, classic, wrecks and junkyard finds.

Most of my work is featured on Instagram (until I find a new hosting site)

https://www.instagram.com/a_j_dalton

Sinful

• Regular Membership
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2016, 04:53:02 PM »
Oh wow!  Bad deal.  Hope you can fix her back up. 

Iowa80

• Regular Membership
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2016, 08:31:07 PM »
Holy sh*t, I just found this now.  I'm very sorry to hear about this. :'(  Screw those kids; I hate people like that who don't take driving seriously and have a total lack of common sense.  I'm glad everyone's OK but otherwise I hope those a**holes suffer for this.  That's just the sad fact of driving old vehicles around; you can be the best driver there is but there's always that risk of disaster whenever you take it out on the road. :(

Those motherf**kers are lucky to be even be alive.

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2016, 08:31:07 PM »

Truck Driving Jobs

Truck Driving Jobs