If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: Hello Hanks! February, 2016  (Read 1780 times)

HuntFlatbed

• Just Trying To Keep Up With The Real Truckers.....
    • My RR Pics
Hello Hanks! February, 2016
« on: September 10, 2016, 05:44:33 AM »
Here's the highlights from the month of February, 2016

First up, 2 very nice Petes for Accord Transportation of Chandler, OK.  These guys ran through my area for a few months.

K & B Transportation Inc., of Sioux City, IA has been running these Classic XL Daycabs for years. 

What may have been the first CRE New Star I saw.

Also new at the time, and now infamous among Union LTL'ers is CRST pulling YRC Pup Sets on I-80. Some of them are single-axle jobs like this one.

And for Charlie  ;D Here's a regular YRC setup

Finding this pic I am reminded that at least for me System Transport of Spokane, WA has been sending new Midroof T680s out my way of late. Here's what I used to see mostly for them, 386s with the T660 not far behind.

It is my intention to show here only what I consider my "Best" pics from a given month.  I intend to be very discriminating in this regard.  Every once in a while though a pic that is not quite up to these standards but so interesting it must be show will appear.  Here's one.  This is the most unusual Auto Hauler I've ever seen!  For Parkway Auto Transport of Clearwater, MN

J. Quintaine & Son, Ltd. of Brandon, Manitoba is a Canadian Livestock Hauler I see somewhat often.  I've been told that the reason the trailer tandems are so far back is that this trailer can be part of a RMD or B-Train setup in Canada.  I await information from the learned individuals here on Hank's in that matter.

I always enjoy seeing Trucks from New England here in Iowa, so I was very happy to see this sharp pinstriped 386 for Cappello Heavy Transport LLC, of Southborough, MA heading West on I-80

A IH 9400 with Stacks for Heiter Truck Line of Spencer, IA.  Has been running I-80 for years and has been kept up pretty well. 

A unknown Wisconsin plated Classic, with a style of Sleeper that's pretty rare to me.

A very sharp Pete 379 pulling a Flatbed for a person named Carlson out of South Dakota

Unknown Nebraska plated Pete 379

One I am really excited when I see, a Butler Transport LoneStar!

Here we have a very plain Century for Winnipeg, MB based Trappers Transport Ltd.  At the bottom of the door it says NOT FOR HIRE. Anybody know why this is?

Sharp Pete 389 Flatbedder owned by Joca Trans Inc., of Notre-Dame, NB and apparently running for REM Transport Ltd., of Old Ridge, NB

At the Sapp Bros. Truck Stop in Gretna, NE I catch one of Cannonball Express' sharpest Rigs.  Cannonball is a mostly easbound running outfit out of Omaha, NE

Here we have a W900L Big Bunk owned by L & L Beck out of Marion, KS.  Running for Bennett Motor Express LLC out of McDonough, GA

High Country Transportation has been running through my area for a while now.  First it was the Dry Bulk/Hopper Haulers out of Cortez, CO.  Then, for whatever reason they started up a Dry Van division in Dallas, TX.  Here wearing Texas plates is a Midroof Evo for them pulling a Flatbed.  I assume under the Dry Van Division.

E & E Trucking LLC out of Waverly, NE has this W900L as their Flagship.  It was bought new by the owner of the company who has since passed on, the Truck is now driven by another driver.

Stacked Pete 386 with a Stainless Spread, for Cold As Ice Trucking, out of Rock Falls, IL

GreatWide LoneStar pulling a XTRA Leased Van

No Payne, No Gain, eh?  ;D  Payne Transportation (2005) Ltd., out of Winnipeg, MB had this Pete Flatbedder moving through Omaha on I-680

Another LoneStar, one driven by a long-time O/O for FCC out of Fremont, NE

BTI Special Commodities Inc., of Des Moines, IA.  Nice older Pete Flatbedders with the driver's name on the sleeper side.  Driver here is "Rogers" out of Springfield, IL

A Schuster ProStar showing the full effects of Winter.  I fear Winter grows close again...

A nice looking 579 Flatbedder for Kivi Bros. Trucking out of Duluth, MN

HVH O/O LoneStar.  HVH is out of Denver, CO

Heavy Hauler 386 pulling a TEREX Drilling Rig of some sort, owned by MD Trucking Inc., of Blue Springs, MS

And a favorite fleet of mine, Class 1 Transport of McVeytown, PA.  Used to run really sharp W900Ls but now it's these T660s.  With the T660 being discontinued I wonder if T680s are next?

And lastly a MK I Coronado for the USA Division of a Canadian company.  For Charger Logistics USA Inc., of Gritffith, IN.  The main company is out of Mississauga, ON and is probably very familiar to Mr. Archer.

Hank's Truck Forum

Hello Hanks! February, 2016
« on: September 10, 2016, 05:44:33 AM »

charlie

• Regular Membership
  • Wish i were built like a Mack truck
Re: Hello Hanks! February, 2016
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2016, 06:16:35 AM »
Great set Rick. 8) Are the CRST/YRC combos just pulling new trailers or actually doing line runs? ??? The Parkway carhauler is certainly different.........I've seen them down in SWFLA but never this unit. The Cappello catch is awesome........never knew they ran out your way. Good looking fleet.......the pinstripes are a longtime New England trucking thing. :)

HuntFlatbed

• Just Trying To Keep Up With The Real Truckers.....
    • My RR Pics
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2016, 11:30:47 AM »
Are the CRST/YRC combos just pulling new trailers or actually doing line runs? ???

Oh yeah.  They're 100% drop and hook, and terminal to terminal. They're not allowed to do anything else it seems. It seems that many Union LTL'ers feel the Union failed on this issue, allowing it to happen.

charlie

• Regular Membership
  • Wish i were built like a Mack truck
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2016, 12:49:17 PM »
Are the CRST/YRC combos just pulling new trailers or actually doing line runs? ???

Oh yeah.  They're 100% drop and hook, and terminal to terminal. They're not allowed to do anything else it seems. It seems that many Union LTL'ers feel the Union failed on this issue, allowing it to happen.
Wasn't there a provision in the NMFA that allowed a company to use a certain % of outside carriers when freight levels either peaked or to balance off slow traffic lanes? ??? Did that change in the last few years? ???

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2016, 12:49:17 PM »

Truck Driving Jobs