If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: My car...safest place for a woman.  (Read 2148 times)

kenworthman1976

• Silly Boys...trucks are for girls!
My car...safest place for a woman.
« on: August 31, 2016, 05:54:38 PM »
I shoot a good number of my pics from my car when I am out and about by myself running around.

My dad always told me the best place for taking pictures these days is from the car, if the street is quiet, it's easy to park at a small angle from the truck I want and shoot a pic from the driver's seat.

"Safety first" my dad always says. When I go to the boneyards I bring friends or my dad with me just incase I get hurt on something.

I never bring the "Fall Guy" truck out when I shoot truck pictures....to easy to spot incase a trucker doesn't like a picture of his truck taken and phones the police.

NEVER shoot from a busy intersection with a cell phone when you are stopped in your car. tickets and possible accident.

I learned alot from my dad as I watched him over the years taking pictures of many trucks.

It's a fun hobby but it also can be dangerous too

Happy truck photography guys/gals!

Anna
"The Ecstasy of Iron" Trucking photographer. Modern, classic, wrecks and junkyard finds.

Most of my work is featured on Instagram (until I find a new hosting site)

https://www.instagram.com/a_j_dalton

Hank's Truck Forum

My car...safest place for a woman.
« on: August 31, 2016, 05:54:38 PM »

tery

• Regular Membership
Re: My car...safest place for a woman.
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2016, 06:30:56 PM »
Smart girl .... happy hunting !
__________ In memory of drivers __________
 Red Ball , Georgia Fox , Yardbird , Diamond Doll

JJG

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2016, 09:29:57 PM »
Good idea really, it would be sad to see someone get in trouble just for taking pics but these days, you never know! I see it as there are cameras everywhere of late so if you don't like to have a pic taken, you best leave this planet ::)

Wouldn't mind to see what you capture in your region, lots of cool Ontario spces?

Jim

JJG

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2016, 12:30:45 AM »
I scrolled down thru your page. WOW! Really enjoyed the bone yard pics. ,lots of Ontario Carriers I recognized, pulled that old Wilson's Tuck Lines trailer a few times (when it was quite new) and just enjoyed the collection, nice work!! Near the start (I think- bottom) I noticed an IH Fleetstar, I have a 1/25 scale model almost identical to that paint, cool!! Thanks for the link, I am not on facebook or twitter so i didn't comment there!

What city is that where you take most of your shots, I want to say Timmins, North Bay or Sudbury region, anywhere close??

Jim.

kenworthman1976

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2016, 01:48:47 PM »
I was born in and raised in Kapuskasing but live in southern Ontario with my dad.

Most of my pics are in the southern ontario/quebec area but I do travel with my dad to different places on the weekends including up north

This was my dad's account but I took over recently.

No my dad isn't dead, he is just showing me the ropes to using this forum board to interact with different truck photographers like me! :=)

I love going to the boneyards! Like going to a museum and wondering what stories these trucks could tell, if they could speak.

Thanks for admiring my work!

Anna
"The Ecstasy of Iron" Trucking photographer. Modern, classic, wrecks and junkyard finds.

JJG

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2016, 11:21:14 PM »
Thanks for the reply Anna, I thought your dad had this account, I remember the Fall Guy clone pickup surfacing somewhere on here and I thought it was his then.

Now you mention SW Ontario, what part,  I grew up in St,Thomas, have a ton of memories from there and have driven the majority of my truckin miles there- Windsor to Montreal. The Northern part not as much but have been across many times. MI, IN OH where all a part of my travels too.

Jim.

kenworthman1976

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2016, 07:25:58 AM »
The Fall Guy truck is his but I drive it more than he does sometimes...lol.

Thats good you like to travel.

Anna

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2016, 07:25:58 AM »

Truck Driving Jobs

Truck Driving Jobs