If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: My go-to spot in Northern VA (Updated 7-8-18)  (Read 14209 times)

charlie

• Regular Membership
  • Wish i were built like a Mack truck
Re: My go-to spot in Northern VA (Updated 6-19-18)
« Reply #45 on: June 19, 2018, 06:22:04 PM »
I like the new Airgas Volvo & the Deka KW T680. 8) Lotsa traffic for 8 AM on a Saturday but if you want to get around DC it's probably the best time. ;D

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #45 on: June 19, 2018, 06:22:04 PM »

partsman88

• Regular Membership
    • My page (Flickr)
« Reply #46 on: June 22, 2018, 09:33:40 AM »
Thanks Charlie. The new Airgas Volvo was one of the neat highlights for me as well. I agree on the traffic too, was surprised at how busy it was. Eventually I will go back but it won't be tomorrow as they are calling for scattered thunderstorms.

Anyways on to the next set.

I'll start with a pair of UPS doubles, one a single drive axle the other a twin-screw.

W900 for Trailer Transit of Porter, IN:

W900 for Quality Seafood Co. of Elizabeth City, NC:

Interesting paint scheme for Cool Way Direct of Orlando, FL:

Pair of Volvo's, the new 860 works for Mega Fleet of Oak Brook, IL:

Volvo WIA, formerly of Graebel Van Lines and now with an unknown owner:

VNL670 for IBI Secured Transport of Trenton, NJ:

T660 for LA Transport of Union, NJ:

New Cascadia for King Logistics of Alsip, IL:

Pete 379 for YN&W Express of Dade County, FL:

Pete 579 for Coastwide Express of Matawan, NJ:

Pete 389 for the always-sharp Carroll Motor Fuels of Baltimore:

Pete 389 for AC Auto Carriers of West Haven, CT:

Pete 567 for my new favorite local operator, FEMA Trucking of Sterling, VA. Small outfit with 8 trucks total, but I saw a 2nd matching 567 that day.

Cascadia for Schneider National of Green Bay, WI:

charlie

• Regular Membership
Re: My go-to spot in Northern VA (Updated 6-22-18)
« Reply #47 on: June 22, 2018, 10:49:23 AM »
Sure did catch a lot of Jersey Boys in this outing. 8) ;D

partsman88

• Regular Membership
    • My page (Flickr)
Re: My go-to spot in Northern VA (Updated 6-22-18)
« Reply #48 on: June 24, 2018, 08:03:26 AM »
Thought you'd recognize a few of those lol.

Here's the next set:

Mack Pinnacle for Sun Services out of Beltsville, MD:                                                                                              KW W900 for Fast Eagle Transport of S. Plainfield, NJ:

Interesting little FL M2-112 for Pitney Bowes Presort Services of Omaha, NE:                                                           Western Star 4900 for Connecticut Auto Transport of Palm City, FL:

Pete 389 lease operator for UPS Freight:                                                                                                                 FL Classic for E A Ragland Trucking of Landover, MD:

Pete 367 for Moore Transport out of Tulsa, OK:                                                                                                        Pete 379 working for O'Bara and Brehm Transfer of Baltimore, MD:

Pete 378 for Dana Transport out of Avenel, NJ:                                                                                                        Pete 567 for FEMA Trucking of Sterling, VA:

VNL780 for United agent Hilldrup out of Stafford, VA:                                                                                               KW T600 for FB Transporting of Newton Grove, NC:

Ford F550 w/ the US Army Reserves pulling a cool Hazmat/Decon trailer:                                                                   Another one pulling a Hazmat/Recon trailer:

Big bunk Pete 379 for PCT Transportation of Pearl River, NY:                                                                 One of my favs, this FL Classic is owned by David Blankenship and works for Taylor Farms:

2018 Cascadia for Stevens Transport Contractor Division out of Dallas, TX:                                                                 Pete 389 for Virginia Transportation out of West Warwick, RI:

KW T600 for Allied agent Bayshore out of Newark, DE and DC:                                                                                  Three's company:

KW W900 lease operator for DTL of Alexandria, VA:                                                                                                 Pete 379 for On Borrowed Time Trucking of Brandywine, MD:

Volvo WIA for G&C Trucking of Hyattsville, MD:                                                                                                        KW T800 for Payne Incorporated out of Fredericksburg, VA:

Wreckerman

• Regular Membership
  • 🇺🇸
Re: My go-to spot in Northern VA (Updated 6-24-18)
« Reply #49 on: June 24, 2018, 11:12:23 AM »
The O'Bara and Brehm 379 is a cool catch, and the Freightliner Classic for Taylor Farms is super sharp! 8)
Gotta love the old WIA, looks a little long in the tooth, but still gettin' it! ;D
Move Over & Slow Down for Stopped Emergency Vehicles.
This Includes Tow Trucks and Their Operators.

Paul Kane

• Regular Membership
Re: My go-to spot in Northern VA (Updated 6-23-17)
« Reply #50 on: June 24, 2018, 08:18:56 PM »
I'm going to start with a set taken last Saturday at 8 in the morning. Apologies for the weirdness of the shots, they don't feel natural to me but for some reason there were heavy shadows that ruined most of these shots imo, so I had to try something. I'm hoping if I keep doing these eventually I'll improve.

They look fine to me, pretty much what you'd expect at 8 in the AM.  You got to remember the sun is lower and at a tighter angle, depending where you're shooting.  Early and late day can be tricky in regards to the lighting.

Iowa80

• Regular Membership
« Reply #51 on: June 25, 2018, 04:45:39 PM »
That Blankenship FL Classic is an absolute stunner!  Great pictures otherwise; the lighting does look slightly off in a few of the pictures, particularly ones where the truck is moving left to right, but that looks minor to me and doesn't bother me too much.  I've found that if you're taking pics at a time of day when the sun is lower in the sky and the camera is somewhat facing towards the sun, that tends to happen and there isn't much you can do about it except for playing around with some lighting settings in a photo editor, which helps but doesn't totally fix it.  On the other hand, pics taken facing away from the sun at such a time can turn out beautifully (such as your pics of trucks going right to left) and is why evening is my favorite time for taking pictures.

partsman88

• Regular Membership
    • My page (Flickr)
Re: My go-to spot in Northern VA (Updated 6-23-17)
« Reply #52 on: June 25, 2018, 06:01:06 PM »
They look fine to me, pretty much what you'd expect at 8 in the AM.  You got to remember the sun is lower and at a tighter angle, depending where you're shooting.  Early and late day can be tricky in regards to the lighting.

Thanks Paul. I got the idea to go on an early Saturday morning from you, I enjoyed the success you were having with it on I-79 and I-80. Most of these were heavily edited though (the ones going from left-to-right) because the originals had too much shade on the cab/hood. You can tell from the shade the sun was rising from behind my left (any later in the day and it would do a 180 from my left to right). I'm used to shooting from that spot with the sun facing me, so it was a new experience. Never had that much trouble shooting with the sun at my back before, but I'll learn from it.

That Blankenship FL Classic is an absolute stunner!  Great pictures otherwise; the lighting does look slightly off in a few of the pictures, particularly ones where the truck is moving left to right, but that looks minor to me and doesn't bother me too much.  I've found that if you're taking pics at a time of day when the sun is lower in the sky and the camera is somewhat facing towards the sun, that tends to happen and there isn't much you can do about it except for playing around with some lighting settings in a photo editor, which helps but doesn't totally fix it.  On the other hand, pics taken facing away from the sun at such a time can turn out beautifully (such as your pics of trucks going right to left) and is why evening is my favorite time for taking pictures.

Agreed Iowa, that rig sets the Blankenship standard if you've ever seen any of his other trucks. His whole fleet (small but diverse) is held to the same standards. And thanks for the tips, it was my first time shooting there with the sun at my back, even if it is only briefly. Been going there for years and I've adjusted to facing the sun, but this will be a new adjustment for me. The cab/hood of the left-to-right trucks came out super dark, so maybe my settings were off or something. But I'll get better through more practice.

The O'Bara and Brehm 379 is a cool catch, and the Freightliner Classic for Taylor Farms is super sharp! 8)
Gotta love the old WIA, looks a little long in the tooth, but still gettin' it! ;D

Thanks Wreckerman! I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who still likes the WIA's, they still run 'em hard around here. And the Classic was in my top 5, been patiently waiting for a couple years to get a clean action shot of a David Blankenship rig.

partsman88

• Regular Membership
    • My page (Flickr)
« Reply #53 on: June 25, 2018, 06:26:14 PM »
Alright guys this is gonna be my last set from that Saturday. Got other projects to keep working on, including an upcoming set from I-80 east of that lovely town of Gary, IN (had to go triples spotting on my trip to Chicago last year when I had the chance). Hope you guys enjoyed this series.

KW T660 for Shine Transportation of Winchester, VA:                                                                             One of the other catches of the day was this cool Classic for Day & Ross of Hartland, NB:

Repost from my movers thread, sharp T600 for UVL agent Bohren's of Robbinsville, NJ:                          Tricked out Cascadia for UVL agent All Chicagoland Moving & Storage of Elmhurst, IL:           

Pair of sharp 567's for Stanley Concrete of Annapolis Junction, MD:

W900 for C&Y Transport of Fredericksburg, VA:                                                                                                      Volvo WG Series for Jack Cooper Transport of Kansas City, MO:

New VNL860 for NAVL agent Shoreview Moving & Storage of DC:                                                                           Pete 377 for Black Knight Trucking of Laurel, DE:

Pete 579 for AFS Group of High Point, NC:                                                                                                          379 for Sunland of Waverly, FL:

New Cascadia for Schneider:                                                                                                                               VNL780 for Fedex Ground contractor Bykovel of Bridgewater, NJ:

New VNL760 for First Express of Nashville, TN:                                                                                                     New Cascadia for Burriss Refridgerated Express of Milford, DE:

And I know we're not a bus board but I thought this Prevost X3-45 VIP coach was too cool not to share:
« Last Edit: July 07, 2018, 07:57:04 PM by partsman88 »

Wreckerman

• Regular Membership
  • 🇺🇸
« Reply #54 on: June 25, 2018, 07:36:38 PM »
Wow, that W900 for C&Y is a really sharp rig! 8)
The Black Knight 377 and the Prevost diesel pusher are cool too.
Move Over & Slow Down for Stopped Emergency Vehicles.
This Includes Tow Trucks and Their Operators.

JJG

« Reply #55 on: June 25, 2018, 08:57:58 PM »
Great photos of some very colourful and shiny trucks, not bothered in any way by how they turned out, worth what you shot for sure!!

Jim.

partsman88

• Regular Membership
    • My page (Flickr)
« Reply #56 on: July 07, 2018, 05:16:44 PM »
Thanks guys! Glad you liked.

Here's my next set, all shots were taken last Saturday.

Sharp 379 working for Shine Transportation of Strasburg, VA:

Wish I had gotten a better shot, sharp T600 for VA Fork Produce of Edenton, NC:

W900 for AMS Trucking of Owings Mills, MD:

New Cascadia for Werner Enterprises of Omaha, NE:

Neat little KW vocational for Restaurant Technologies of DC/Baltimore.

Sharp 389 for Tumbleweed Express of Westminster, MD:

Pete 379 for World Transport of Section, AL:

Pete 367 for Moore Transport of Tulsa, OK:

Western Star 4900 for Himena Motor Carrier of Gwynn Oak, MD:

New Cascadia for UFI Transportation of Amory, MS:

FL M2-112 for Landstar Express America of Jacksonville, FL:

FL Classic for 4 My Girls Trucking of Concord, NC:

charlie

• Regular Membership
« Reply #57 on: July 07, 2018, 05:31:43 PM »
I like the Prevost.........gotta be cool to see the country in style like that. :) 8) Btw there is a bus thread so you can post all your bus catches in it going forward.

partsman88

• Regular Membership
    • My page (Flickr)
« Reply #58 on: July 07, 2018, 07:24:03 PM »
You right, you right. I'm gonna start posting more of my bus catches, I've always liked those too.

partsman88

• Regular Membership
    • My page (Flickr)
« Reply #59 on: July 07, 2018, 07:53:41 PM »
Set #2 starts with a Pete 389 Pride & Class for 1 Empire Auto Transport of Fairburn, GA:                           E204, Alexandria Fire Dept. 2012 Spartan/Custom, 2000/750/100.

VT880 for Arpin Van Lines out of W. Warwick, RI:                                                                                 FL M2-106 for Atlas agent Advance Relocation Systems:

Prostar for Martin-Brower of Rosemont, IL:                                                                                          Mack Granite for Affordable Too of Upper Marlboro, MD:

Mack Granite for Strittmatter of Manassas and T660 for National agent Ciceros of Macon, GA:             Sharp 389 for Cap Trucking of Altamonte Springs, FL. Previously shot at 75 Chrome's 2017 show.

Unique 387 for Ratrop LLC of N. Riverside, IL:                                                                                        Cascadia for Ruan Logistics of Des Moines, IA pulling for Whole Foods:

W900 twins, the one on the left works for JK Enterprise, a mulch company out of Centreville:              Pete 389 for Murphy Production of Capitol Heights, MD:

First of many for Aggregate Express of Capitol Heights, MD. They run a variety of trucks:

New Cascadia for Schneider National:                                                                                                 Pete 520 for KMG Hauling of Sterling, VA:

Durastar for Arpin agent Western-Express of Upper Marlboro, MD:                                                        New Cascadia for Covenant Transport of Chattanooga, TN:

FL Classic for D.Torres Trucking of Lorton, VA:                                                                                     FLD120 for TMX Specialties of Washington, ME. 

T880 for RBS of Capitol Heights, MD:                                                                                                     W900 for Fat Boii Trucking of Manassas, VA:

One of the catches of the day, sharp 567 for Benny D'Angelo Transport of St. Remi, QC:                          Pete 379 for an unknown operator:

FLD120 for JWGJ Trucking of Waldorf, MD:

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #59 on: July 07, 2018, 07:53:41 PM »

Truck Driving Jobs

Truck Driving Jobs