If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: Still Busy  (Read 6272 times)

peterbilttrucker

• Belly Dragger
    • My album
Still Busy
« on: August 10, 2016, 07:56:18 PM »
Still been crazy busy, can't even remember the last update I posted on here. I've just been running Kaysville still, with an occasional trip into Nevada for decorative rock. Sometimes on Saturdays I get to run Smithfield or haul up to Brigham from Draper. Been polishing and degreasing everything on the truck, getting ready for the Salt Lake truck show, also helping a friend that is getting a new truck very similar to mine get his built in time for the show. Just have to make it through half a day tomorrow and I can start the final preparations for the show Friday and Saturday!

Class...you either have it, or you don't.

Hank's Truck Forum

Still Busy
« on: August 10, 2016, 07:56:18 PM »

Truck Driving Jobs

peterbilttrucker

• Belly Dragger
    • My album
Re: Still Busy
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2016, 10:37:01 AM »
Got to get off Kaysville and make a round out of Beatty, Nevada Friday and got home yesterday. Got to run with Terry in 509 on her maiden voyage too...we'll also be leaving for another load out of Beatty early tomorrow morning.

Terry got to snag a set of Rancos that are only a year old. The sideboards are painted red and it has mudflap weights all around, but the last few months they've been pulled by someone who wasn't keeping up on them, so if Terry keeps them, we've got some fixing and cleaning to do to get them to look as good as the truck.

This was taken after one day of work after the truck show. There's a few more bugs on the bumper by now, haha.

peterbilttrucker

• Belly Dragger
    • My album
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2016, 08:02:01 PM »

Jon_G

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2016, 06:38:03 PM »

That last photo is especially cool, and of course, both yours and Terry's trucks are looking good 8)

Jon

peterbilttrucker

• Belly Dragger
    • My album
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2016, 07:36:12 AM »
Thank you!

peterbilttrucker

• Belly Dragger
    • My album
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2016, 05:59:11 PM »
We've had some salt orders coming in. Got to do a load to McCammon, Idaho and I've done three to Montpelier, Idaho too. We've also filled orders for Downey, Idaho and Malad, Idaho...all DOT sheds. Have 38 loads to haul to Caldwell, Idaho, not sure how much of that I'll get in on as Kaysville and South Weber are still busy. I-15 is still under construction at home and I worked on that Saturday. Just having a blast! Haha. Saw these guys on US89 in Layton last week all together.

peterbilttrucker

• Belly Dragger
    • My album
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2016, 07:19:13 PM »

Last week I actually had to run both South Weber AND Kaysville plants by myself on Wednesday and started Thursday like that, then got a load of golf course sand to St. George. I unloaded that Friday morning and headed to Beatty, Nevada to load decorative rock for home. Ran Kaysville most of a day today (as usual) and grabbed a load of salt for Bothwell on the way home. Getting pretty excited for a load of that Caldwell, Idaho salt on Saturday!

peterbilttrucker

• Belly Dragger
    • My album
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2016, 04:18:00 AM »
Last week, Kaysville was pretty slow, shut down one day, and so slow I went somewhere else Friday. I was still hauling into South Weber when Kaysville was slow, ran a load of salt to Caldwell the day they were shut down, and ran for Geneva Rock hauling rock from Plymouth to the batch plant in Perry on Friday before loading another load of salt for Caldwell to deliver Saturday. Yesterday I got ten loads into Kaysville, so they were busy...hope that keeps up, we're about done with salt until someone orders more.

Iowa80

• Regular Membership
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2016, 07:07:56 PM »
That last Pete is very cool; I love the color, plus the graphics are neat. 8)

peterbilttrucker

• Belly Dragger
    • My album
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2016, 05:09:13 PM »
Well, Tuesday, after posting here, I went to Kaysville and did five rounds and they called me and said to load sand and head for St. George again. I delivered Wednesday morning and bounced all the way back to Draper for a load of squeegee coming home, did a round of rock from Plymouth to Perry, then loaded another round of sand for St. George. Unloaded that Thursday and loaded salt in Redmond to bring right to the Brigham pit, unloaded just before closing time and reloaded a third St. George round. Friday, unload and reload Redmond salt again, came back to Brigham, unload and reload MORE sand for St. George for Monday delivery. I was gonna take a load of salt to Caldwell today, but can't with a load on the truck over the weekend, but I'm supposed to run St. George all next week, loaded both ways. Such a welcome change of pace! I even got to check out the PDI truck show in St. George for a couple hourse while I was there. Think I'll head down tomorrow afternoon and get an early start on the week.

Jon_G

« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2016, 09:24:22 PM »

Cool catch on the Stockley trucks, I wonder if that 379 is an O/O or an older company truck. It looks awesome.

Jon

peterbilttrucker

• Belly Dragger
    • My album
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2016, 06:24:50 PM »
It's an older company truck that was burned in a fire and has been repainted.

peterbilttrucker

• Belly Dragger
    • My album
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2016, 06:30:45 PM »
Did five rounds to St. George last week, loaded both ways every time, then took salt to Caldwell for Saturday delivery. 4,500 miles total and I burned over a thousand gallons of diesel. First time I've been out for a whole week in the sleeper since last winter. I had washed the truck last Sunday morning before leaving, so it felt pretty good to drive it all week. I was back on Kaysville today and had a lot of catching up to do, the driver that had taken my spot had let them get way behind on rock. I'm almost caught up, probably be in good shape tomorrow. Got back to the shop tonight and serviced the truck, now I'm ready for anything.

JJG

« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2016, 10:14:45 PM »
That Western Star single axle COE is sharp, not many of those around anymore, great shots all around, your trucks look impressive!

Jim.

norseman

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2016, 07:24:39 AM »
Sounds like you're having fun again! Good to hear. ;)

Jan.
"Advertisements contain the only truths to be relied on in a newspaper." - Mark Twain

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2016, 07:24:39 AM »

Truck Driving Jobs