If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: Pedestrian footbridge action on I-95  (Read 2708 times)

partsman88

• Regular Membership
    • My page (Flickr)
Pedestrian footbridge action on I-95
« on: August 03, 2016, 07:23:22 PM »
I probably won't do a lot of updating for this spot, but I wanted to share it anyways. Without going into too much detail, the amount of trucks I see going through here is staggering. Unfortunately it's really bad because the volume of traffic is also really high, this being one of the worst choke points in a region known for choke points. I've seen traffic backed up at every hour of the day (yes even at night because that's prime time for roadwork around here). These shots were taken on a Saturday afternoon, and as you will be able to tell even that isn't a good time because there's too much traffic. Anyways, first couple pictures are to set the scene:

On the far left is Loisdale Rd, next to that is northbound I-95 about a mile south of the "mixing bowl" aka the intersection of I-95, 395, and 495. Next to the northbound lanes are the interchangeable Express lanes, then southbound 95, then hidden behind the treeline on the far right is Backlick Rd. The pedestrian bridge spans all of these roads. Unfortunately every part that crosses a roadway is covered by chainlink fence. I tried to work around it but was unsuccessful (which is why I only went back twice since these pictures were taken last December).

The footbridge:

Green Columbia for S. Coraluzzo (those of you who see Coraluzzo on the regular know this is semi-rare, the majority of their rigs are painted burgundy).

Older Mack for Kenan Advantage (this spot is great for getting tankers coming/going to/from the fuel depot about a mile down the road):

This next heavy haul 379 was shot through the chain link fence, headed south down 95. I switched sides because the northbound side wasn't getting any action.

Cool "whales" trailer for National Van Lines that is getting blocked by traffic. This is another major downside to this spot, with an estimated 250k cars and trucks going through the interchange daily about a mile up the road the odds of having traffic block your shot is really high.

VNL670 for Atlas agent Devries:

T800 for Owen Trucking out of Stafford, VA:

Nice 379 for Kenan Advantage:

Old GMC for National agent J. Barber Moving & Storage:

Older Volvo blocking a clean FL Classic:

Interesting shot of an old Autocar road painter setting up to do some painting on Backlick Rd that I caught while I was on the footbridge:

Hank's Truck Forum

Pedestrian footbridge action on I-95
« on: August 03, 2016, 07:23:22 PM »

Truck Driving Jobs

partsman88

• Regular Membership
    • My page (Flickr)
Re: Pedestrian footbridge action on I-95
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2016, 07:39:58 PM »
Part 2 (last part) starts with a nice sky blue 379 headed south:

Older Volvo toter for RJ Mobile Home:

Overexposed shot of fully electric delivery van for Frito Lay:

Older Columbia hauling a 20' APL can:

VNL daycab for Ewing Oil out of Hagerstown, MD:

Ryder Cascadia most likely leased to Stevens Worldwide Van Lines agent Silver Eagle Relocation out of Reno, NV:

Bonus shot of what happens when you do road painting on a Saturday afternoon lol:

Another bonus shot of why I hate chain link fences. I've never seen another Bourque rig since I saw this one:

3rd bonus shot of how not to take truck pictures. Apparently people don't enjoy when you stand on a footbridge above a highway and point an unknown object at them while they're driving with the sun in their eyes. Had a lot of people honking at me for this one. I was in the midst of switching back to the northbound side after spending about half an hour on the southbound side.

Back on the NB side, I will start with this nice 579 for Indian River:

Sharp W900 for Big Dogg Express, but I can't make out the location name:

Durastar for JK Moving out of Sterling, VA:

Nice long wheelbase 379 for a probable O/O:

Catch of the day, unfortunately everything was wrong. Truck headed opposite direction, took shot facing the sun, too much traffic in the way. Beautiful big bunk W900 with interesting paintjob for Plycar:

And last shot of the day, I quit while I was ahead after this one. Big bunk T600 for Landstar:

JJG

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2016, 09:22:55 PM »
The Plycar is most certainly the catch of the day, beautiful truck! Nice shooting angle for the most part but obstacles are a big part, enjoyed the series!

Jim.

Iowa80

• Regular Membership
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2016, 08:46:29 AM »
It looks like you were still able to get a few decent shots despite the challenging spot.  I like the blue 379 with the stainless reefer, and the Plycar truck is quite interesting; I have not seen that paint scheme for them before, and I like it.  Also the "big bunk" on that last Landstar may be a drom box (it looks to be a cargo box taken from a small truck), unless it has been converted into a sleeper.

partsman88

• Regular Membership
    • My page (Flickr)
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2016, 07:56:37 PM »
The Plycar is most certainly the catch of the day, beautiful truck! Nice shooting angle for the most part but obstacles are a big part, enjoyed the series!

Jim.

Thanks Jim. Luckily I have a couple other highway spots in the area that are much better than this one, which is one reason why I haven't been back. The quality of rigs at this spot is great but there's too many obstacles to deal with.

It looks like you were still able to get a few decent shots despite the challenging spot.  I like the blue 379 with the stainless reefer, and the Plycar truck is quite interesting; I have not seen that paint scheme for them before, and I like it.  Also the "big bunk" on that last Landstar may be a drom box (it looks to be a cargo box taken from a small truck), unless it has been converted into a sleeper.

Thanks Iowa. This spot features the most variety and amount of great rigs, you have all the northbound rigs that are either going to head west on the beltway to head towards everything west of Virginia, but you also get all the rigs headed up 95 north to go to places like Baltimore, NYC, and pretty much anywhere else north of DC on the coast. Just too many variables to deal with, plus I don't like being out in the open. There's a GSA facility just off Loisdale Rd that is extremely high security (had an officer come visit me after I pointed the camera in their direction once) plus the cars on Loisdale all slow down when they're facing you because they think you're a cop or you're up to no good. I like rest stations and parking garages more, or even sitting on a hill on the side of the highway (everybody leaves you alone as long you wear a high-vis vest.)

Also I think you're totally right about the Landstar T600. It looks like a drom box but idw why an OTR rig would have a drom box but no sleeper, and I know that operator isn't a local so it doesn't make sense to me. I see drom boxes semi-often around here, but never on a daycab. I definitely believe it's probably just a drom box converted to a sleeper. And I don't think I've ever seen a daycab with a drom box posted here either.

Jon_G

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2016, 07:01:42 AM »

I still think you got some nice photos, that Plycon rig is really cool, it is actually a throwback, that is their old livery.

Jon

JJG

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2016, 09:44:04 PM »

I still think you got some nice photos, that Plycon rig is really cool, it is actually a throwback, that is their old livery.

Jon

Too bad they went away from that, I really think that is classy! Their newer colours stand out too but that is nice!!

Jim

partsman88

• Regular Membership
    • My page (Flickr)
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2016, 09:45:12 PM »
Thanks Jon. I appreciate the info on that Plycar, even though it's their old livery I would love to get a 2nd look at the rig. I still see them from time to time but never that older look. Hopefully they kept a few around just for keepsakes.

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2016, 09:45:12 PM »

Truck Driving Jobs