If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: Testing out Wayne's Spot  (Read 1670 times)

Zeprome

• Regular Membership
Testing out Wayne's Spot
« on: April 12, 2017, 06:23:51 PM »
So during late afternoon today, I visited Wayne's spot and tried to catch some of trucks on the 401. Was really breezy, shame that my hands were shaky (seriously, it's spring so it should have been warm), but I couldn't help but feel satisfied at looking at the trucks and cars moving systematically and uniformly on the highway. The winding curve before the bridge leads to reveal the various prides of trucks as it passes under, like as if it's their own red carpet. The gusting wind sound emitted from the highway felt very calm although I was nervous that someone would come over and question my motive while I stood over the wooden block.

I took couple shots with my iPhone7, feeling chilly and eager to catch some sharp trucks. I felt annoyed because the sun was detrimental to my photo shots, lots of un-proportionate brightness that changed the perception of the photos.

Most of them were bad shots. I wasn't satisfied and unfortunately I had to leave for dinner. For once, I contemplated on buying a better camera.

Along east-bound 401, I spotted some trucks I missed. As I travel along the fastest lane, I caught up with a really sharp Peterbilt for Payne Trucking on the Express that made me rather envious. Then I saw an O/O on the opposite side whom I known since my childhood. Then some more sharp tow-trucks, Petes, long-noses, customs, holy geeze, so many! All these trucks, as I was wondering, how many of these did I miss? If I waited 5-10s minutes, which was the time I needed to detour to the entrance of the highway, I could of caught them.

Got to give credit to Wayne because this spot is a goldmine of photo opportunities.  8)
« Last Edit: April 12, 2017, 06:26:17 PM by Zeprome »

Hank's Truck Forum

Testing out Wayne's Spot
« on: April 12, 2017, 06:23:51 PM »

Truck Driving Jobs

Rob Archer

• Administrator
  • Forum Administrator
    • Slickpic
Re: Testing out Wayne's Spot
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2017, 07:34:23 PM »
Wayne usually gets there around 11AM and stays till around 3ish.
Yes; it turned chilly today didn't it?
Nice shots all the same.

wayne_crane

• http://www.hankstruckpictures.com/pix/trucks/wayne_crane/w_crane_title.gif
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2017, 09:57:45 PM »
Zeprome you did great under the weather conditions you should try it when it real sunny that is fun the glare coming off the chrome nearly blinds you then you have to deal with the idiot driver's when you think you got a clean shot they decide there going to speed up and get into the photo then the evil knirl evil's on 2 wheel's what a joke then there the hot rod entering onto the 401 or just trying to impress a lady I've turned the air blue while standing there cursing to myself because of all this but in the end I know I've done my best to get the sharp looking hard working rigs with no problem :) :)

Zeprome

• Regular Membership
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2017, 10:45:52 PM »
Quite chilly. I need to practice balancing on the wooden block and not succumb to the breeze.  ;) Also I think if the sun is rising (east), I have a better chance of taking photos that aren't too dimmed by the sunlight.

From that angle, any trucks along the express seems to be the best candidates. It also demands a lot more patience since a lot times the trucks are blocked by cars. Now I'm starting to feel the irritation of the "damn cars" that Rob usually mentions. It's going to suck when I see some really unique and sharp trucks passing by but then the "damn cars" are blocking it.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2017, 10:50:13 PM by Zeprome »

partsman88

• Regular Membership
    • My page (Flickr)
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2017, 05:21:20 PM »
Quite chilly. I need to practice balancing on the wooden block and not succumb to the breeze.  ;) Also I think if the sun is rising (east), I have a better chance of taking photos that aren't too dimmed by the sunlight.

From that angle, any trucks along the express seems to be the best candidates. It also demands a lot more patience since a lot times the trucks are blocked by cars. Now I'm starting to feel the irritation of the "damn cars" that Rob usually mentions. It's going to suck when I see some really unique and sharp trucks passing by but then the "damn cars" are blocking it.

If this is your first experience with those "damn cars" you're getting off easy, I have to drive at minimum an hour away to the countryside to find a spot where the damn cars don't get in the way as much. And ain't nobody got time for that, so I put up with it.

Anyways, from the sound of it it looks like you found a great spot. Hope you find a balance that allows you to get some decent shots.

charlie

• Regular Membership
  • Wish i were built like a Mack truck
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2017, 05:25:02 PM »
Now I'm starting to feel the irritation of the "damn cars" that Rob usually mentions. It's going to suck when I see some really unique and sharp trucks passing by but then the "damn cars" are blocking it.
Welcome to the world of urban truck photography. ;D :D

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2017, 05:25:02 PM »

Truck Driving Jobs

Truck Driving Jobs