If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: TRAINWORX 40FT DROP FRAME VANS  (Read 2286 times)

JJG

TRAINWORX 40FT DROP FRAME VANS
« on: July 04, 2016, 10:17:06 PM »
Picked up a a pair of Trainworx 40' drop frame trailers today I had ordered, they look awesome! Here is the rear of the smooth side version, rivet detail is very nice, paint detail just great, really have the colour (grey) done right as well as rub rail silver. I think they have done very well on these

tires and wheels look nice with easy pose able suspension potions and a "up" and "down" position landing gear included on each one, just left the one it came with for now.

it does not say on the packaging or product description of them but they are Great Dane units and look like it too, very nice!

and a look at the rear of the ribbed or flute sided version, it too has great detail, just not totally sure on the blank lower part of the drop side panels, don't know this type of trailer well enough to say if that is correct, based on the rest of the products, I'm guessing they are that way as everything else is so accurate, why not that part.

might just be the trailer for the  Brockway. Notice how the suspension is "slid" forward on this one

another look

Hope t see more of this manufacturer in this scale, very impressive!

Jim.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2016, 10:25:04 PM by JJG »

Hank's Truck Forum

TRAINWORX 40FT DROP FRAME VANS
« on: July 04, 2016, 10:17:06 PM »

Truck Driving Jobs

chuckyr

• Regular Membership
Re: TRAINWORX 40FT DROP FRAME VANS
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2016, 06:42:48 AM »
Looks like a welcome successor to the excellent A-Line trailer kits.  Very accurate and well made.

Peterbilt1

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2016, 06:50:42 AM »
Now here is to hoping that Trainworx will do there Pete 379 and there bull rack. Oh and cant forget the Optimus Prime truck and there old single axle petes too.

JJG

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2017, 10:32:30 PM »
Russ MacNeil has a wonderful collection of photos from the past, here is a classic for the drop frame!
http://www.hankstruckpictures.com/pix/trucks/macneil/2008/07-10/tonys-pizza.html

Jim.

chuckyr

• Regular Membership
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2017, 01:56:46 AM »
Do these come undecorated?

Rob Archer

• Administrator
  • Forum Administrator
    • Slickpic
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2017, 05:50:16 AM »
Jim - if you leave the Railway names on them you have to WEATHER them.
If you think you've put too much on - add more.
Dirt and grease.
I remember seeing these at the traier yard at Interport back in the 70's.
They were always filthy.
MORFLOT cans from the Baltic were cleaner.
Tallman and Laidlaw brought them in from the rail yard at Welland.
Doug M might have pulled some back then.

Chican ran them out of Midcon too.
Sorry - no - never took pictures.
Check the railfan sites - some people did shoot them.

Rob.

chuckyr

• Regular Membership
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2017, 09:53:19 AM »
Evidently Trainworx will be offering two styles of 40 foot HO trailers.  The reefer with the under mounted reefer unit should be interesting.

Peterbilt1

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2017, 02:35:48 PM »
What we need is trainworx to run there trucks in 1/87. I would pay $30.00 to $40.00  if they could get the much detail in 1/87. Not to mention how you buy your parts etc.

JJG

« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2019, 12:01:46 AM »
Charles: A little late to respond on the 40' standard trailers, yes, they announced them and of course they have been out for a while! Somehow, I missed out on the first release of these, the order is still "on order" and have since then found out the tooling is locked up in some overseas company shutdown! What a bummer! I had the un-decorated side door nose mount reefer on order, not to be now till whenever?? So, I took to eBay, watched for many weeks and finally a batch of railway piggybacks were listed, chose the one with the least signage on it and here we have a view of a slightly used reefer mated to a 70 KW , earlier build and posted there too.

the quick fix for the nose decal was a reefer from A-Line, done! The side signage was on a metal sheet glued to the side which is the slight mark you now see on the top font side, how about an FLC 120?

or maybe a classic COE, so many of these reefer units where blue, maybe just a lighter shade, these trailers are fantastic!

One thing about the decorated ones, they come with Brown trailer brand name plates and some other fine details.

The other one I bought is now a Labatts Brewery trailer.

Jim.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2019, 12:08:38 AM by JJG »

chuckyr

• Regular Membership
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2019, 09:32:07 AM »
Fantastic.  I had pre ordered several trailers, but never sent in the order.  I'm sure my allocation has been sold off.  I will get a few if they are available in the future.  Those tractors look period correct.  Ever consider adding trailer hoses from the truck?

JJG

« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2019, 01:06:02 PM »
Fantastic.  I had pre ordered several trailers, but never sent in the order.  I'm sure my allocation has been sold off.  I will get a few if they are available in the future.  Those tractors look period correct.  Ever consider adding trailer hoses from the truck?

Thanks Charles, and yes, I have wanted to add service lines to the trailers, I just change them around and set them up for viewing in different areas too much, it would be a challenge to connect and disconnect each time?

Jim.

chuckyr

• Regular Membership
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2019, 01:25:26 PM »
Yes it would.  The convenience  of 1/87th scale.

Niteryder315

• iHo
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2019, 10:33:37 AM »
They look great. Even their N-scale trucks look better than most of the HO trucks available.
1-87vehicles.org
tws-rustbucket.com

http://public.fotki.com/Niteryder315/

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2019, 10:33:37 AM »

Truck Driving Jobs

Truck Driving Jobs