If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: Day Trip to Panguitch and Some Work Shots  (Read 4060 times)

peterbilttrucker

• Belly Dragger
    • My album
Day Trip to Panguitch and Some Work Shots
« on: July 04, 2016, 12:57:16 PM »
Been pretty busy the last two weeks! I've mostly been on a gravy haul between Willard and Perry with sand for a Geneva Rock batch plant. It's like a six mile round, sometimes making twenty loads a day, so it's boring, but it pays good and it's easy! I've had a couple days making mayday runs to Ogden, Smithfield, and Kaysville or sent down to Draper for hot plant materials just because Parsons is so very busy, but it's good money this time of year. I've also been trying to keep up on washing the truck a lot better, giving her a good hand wash the last two weekends...even took her to a show in Twin Falls, Idaho last Saturday. Lots of hand polishing aluminum and Shine-All applied to the interior lately too, but it's worth it. My wife and I drove the car down to Panguitch a couple days ago for a small truck show there too, just something to do on the long holiday weekend.

Class...you either have it, or you don't.

Hank's Truck Forum

Day Trip to Panguitch and Some Work Shots
« on: July 04, 2016, 12:57:16 PM »

charlie

• Regular Membership
  • Wish i were built like a Mack truck
Re: Day Trip to Panguitch and Some Work Shots
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2016, 05:30:39 PM »
The single axle T680 with the bulk doubles sure looks kinda weird. ::)

Jon_G

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2016, 05:54:28 PM »

Yeah it definitely does, nice catch nonetheless. I like the W900A with doubles as well. That maroon 379 with the curtainside is really classy, great looking rig 8) I also really like the W900L with bulk tanker doubles. Finally, really cool catch on what appears to be a first-generation C500 in the last pic.

Jon

peterbilttrucker

• Belly Dragger
    • My album
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2016, 09:40:06 AM »
Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday were very busy days hauling to Kaysville. They were trying to get caught up on material stockpiles on the ground to prepare for a five hundred yard day of cement while the South Weber pit would be closed for maintenance (Friday), preventing them from getting any more sand or rock. They knew I would be getting a couple loads of squeegee from Draper Friday, so they asked me to try bringing pea gravel from Brigham on my way. As far as I know, they've never hauled that in belly dumps because the stockpile for that material is in a spot where bellies can't get to, so it HAS to all fit in the trap. There's also a partition in the pea gravel trap, making it tough to fill the whole trap and not just one side (you get one shot at this trap, once you pull off, you can't get turned around to go back up and re-position). It worked out okay, so now they might let me bring a load straight from Brigham in the morning on days I'll haul into there if the trap is empty. I ended Friday with a load of rock to Smithfield and giving the whole unit a grease job back at the shop. Yesterday I hauled three loads of squeegee from Draper to Brigham (only loaded one way) and steam cleaned the truck and trailers.
Dumping the pea gravel.

Our ten axle truck and pup was loading scrap concrete around back of the Kaysville trap Thursday. He hauled it to South Weber, so he was also bringing material back with him.

Thursday was 500's first day on the road and he helped me on Kaysville as well, but his unit number has since been changed to 539 (long story, haha). Those are new trailers this year as well.

Some stuff.

« Last Edit: July 10, 2016, 09:43:14 AM by peterbilttrucker »

tnsamiam

• Regular Membership
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2016, 07:38:36 PM »
I like the single axle T680 for DP Curtis
Sammy from Tennessee

Jon_G

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2016, 08:15:51 PM »

Unit #539 is looking sharp, also like the yellow W900L pulling the dump trailer, it almost has a Maggini Hay look to it.

Jon

peterbilttrucker

• Belly Dragger
    • My album
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2016, 04:37:21 PM »
The yellow K-dub is one of Burningham's newest trucks. They've pretty much replaced their whole fleet with new trucks over the last two years, mostly with W900Ls and they've painted each one with a different scheme.

peterbilttrucker

• Belly Dragger
    • My album
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2016, 04:38:11 PM »

Jon_G

« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2016, 07:56:47 PM »
The yellow K-dub is one of Burningham's newest trucks. They've pretty much replaced their whole fleet with new trucks over the last two years, mostly with W900Ls and they've painted each one with a different scheme.
Thanks for the info, I like fleets that have a little individuality to each of their tractors like that.

Jon

peterbilttrucker

• Belly Dragger
    • My album
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2016, 03:01:35 PM »
Still been stuck on Kaysville all the time, except last Saturday, I did SEVEN loads to Smithfield (a new record) and hand washed the truck. Also, yesterday I finally got another load out of Beatty, Nevada (been about ten months). I got back this morning and hand washed the truck again.

Iowa80

• Regular Membership
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2016, 03:52:37 PM »
Both of those 389s at the bottom are just awesome! 8) 8)

charlie

• Regular Membership
  • Wish i were built like a Mack truck
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2016, 04:21:46 PM »
Judging by all the small bunks on those Utah trucks I guess all the drivers out there are 5'5" and weigh 130 lbs.

peterbilttrucker

• Belly Dragger
    • My album
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2016, 04:57:44 PM »
Haha, well, most of us with the coffins don't use them very often. Last night was the first time I've used mine since March. Just nice to have it when you need it and nice to have the room to move the seat back a bit further than in a daycab. I'm quite a bit bigger than that, but I manage. Plenty of room when you're sleeping, but I wish I had the next size bigger flattop when getting dressed so I didn't have to stand between the seats to pull my pants up. Not much storage, so I won't plan to be out for more than a week at a time when I am over-the-road. They wanted to save weight and money, so that's what I got. You should see the guy that's getting in our newest coffin sleeper glider...he's 6'6" and 300 pounds, haha.

peterbilttrucker

• Belly Dragger
    • My album
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2016, 05:33:35 PM »

peterbilttrucker

• Belly Dragger
    • My album
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2016, 05:34:26 PM »
That Freightliner Coronado was being tested by Staker/Parson.

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2016, 05:34:26 PM »

Truck Driving Jobs