If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: High Rise Ford ...  (Read 2195 times)

Ray F

High Rise Ford ...
« on: June 12, 2016, 07:17:13 PM »
 8) Spotted this Ford CLT-9000 Sitting for sale in Nottingham, PA this Evening

Been a Very Long time, since I've seen one of these. Plus, I think this is the First one, I've caught on Film  :D
« Last Edit: June 12, 2016, 07:19:15 PM by Ray F »

Hank's Truck Forum

High Rise Ford ...
« on: June 12, 2016, 07:17:13 PM »

charlie

• Regular Membership
  • Wish i were built like a Mack truck
Re: High Rise Ford ...
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2016, 08:28:30 PM »
A rare find indeed Ray. 8) There's one about 30 miles north of me that belongs to a crane company but it never sees the road. :(

Jon_G

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2016, 10:16:38 PM »

Congrats on the catch Ray, it's very nice. I can't remember seeing many of those with the rear cab fairings, or perhaps I just never noticed it before.
Looks to be a nice candidate for a restoration project, hopefully it finds a good home.

Jon

Ray F

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2016, 05:51:21 PM »
Thanks Guys  8) This truck used to sit behind a Security Fence to the Right of this Picture, so i was never able to get a Good Photo. Also This Gentleman always has a couple of trucks sitting in front for sale. Like in this Case he had a Blue Ford L-8000 and White International 4900 Day Cab Cab/Chassis for sale as I riding by, but out of the corner my i seen that COE sitting in the back off the road. So i had to make a U-turn and get a couple of Photos of it.

TWP

• Regular Membership
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2016, 06:08:47 PM »
Nice picture, thanks for turning around to get it.

Story-time;
 Back when they came out I ran into this gent quite frequently that had one, spanky new!
After a time he told me he had to wooden block the air ride for the cab as he couldn't feel
the nastiness of some of the roads we were required to run.
He said he was scared he was going to start breaking stuff.

Others say.......It was he was tired of hearing drivers call on the radio that his truck looked broken!

He was 270+ Lbs and that cab used to have an inherent lean when he was it the seat!!!!!Lol!!!

-Ted
Truckin`Addiction.
Argueing with a trucker is like wrestleing with a pig in the mud.
After a while you realize the pig is enjoying it.

Rob Archer

• Administrator
  • Forum Administrator
    • Slickpic
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2016, 04:03:50 AM »
Nice shot Ray.
Charlie...it's For Sale.
Why don't you have a look...it's retired - you're retired.
You could make a Motor Home from it.
Take Mrs. Charlie to Florida in Style.

Mister TyZo

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2016, 05:43:44 AM »
Nice shot Ray.
Charlie...it's For Sale.

And Now It Start's , 1st That Lad From Reno,NV..  "The Travelling Hankster's"...lol..
« Last Edit: June 16, 2016, 05:46:53 AM by Mister TyZo »
Be Safe / Be Careful  BTB

charlie

• Regular Membership
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2016, 05:46:48 AM »
Charlie...it's For Sale.
I think i'll pass on this bargain Rob..........the old bones would have a tough time climbing in & out of this Ford. :(

Paul Kane

• Regular Membership
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2016, 08:52:17 AM »
Maybe a low-rise then?

Simulation of Charlie and the Mrs headed to FLA during a nor'easter on the NJTP ;)

charlie

• Regular Membership
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2016, 09:02:23 AM »
Very funny Paul. ;D :D Unfortunately we'll be staying home this winter for the first time since I retired..........hope it's a mild winter (no snow shovels required). :)

JJG

« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2016, 09:36:50 PM »
Very funny Paul. ;D :D Unfortunately we'll be staying home this winter for the first time since I retired..........hope it's a mild winter (no snow shovels required). :)

??? Any reason as to why??? If of course this isn't any of my business, feel free to tell me to take a hike........

Jim

charlie

• Regular Membership
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2016, 04:23:34 PM »

??? Any reason as to why??? If of course this isn't any of my business, feel free to tell me to take a hike........

Jim
I'd never tell you that Jim  ;D. Just some health related issues the Mrs. had from this past winter & she feels like she'd be more at ease being home with doctors et al nearby (in spite of the cold). We might just take a year off.......we'll see. :-\ As for me i'll be ramping up my Snowbird car delivery service through local advertising, Craigslist & word of mouth. I'd like to make as many trips down to Florida as possible & maybe spend an extra day with friends before flying home (I like warmth). :) I'm also looking to expand my delivery area & will include all the warm areas of the country where Snowbirds flock (AL,TX,AZ & CA) so we'll see what happens. ;D 

JJG

« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2016, 08:55:51 PM »

Jim
I'd never tell you that Jim  ;D. Just some health related issues the Mrs. had from this past winter & she feels like she'd be more at ease being home with doctors et al nearby (in spite of the cold). We might just take a year off.......we'll see. :-\ As for me i'll be ramping up my Snowbird car delivery service through local advertising, Craigslist & word of mouth. I'd like to make as many trips down to Florida as possible & maybe spend an extra day with friends before flying home (I like warmth). :) I'm also looking to expand my delivery area & will include all the warm areas of the country where Snowbirds flock (AL,TX,AZ & CA) so we'll see what happens. ;D

Ah, sorry to hear about the issues, never nice not being well ever let alone away from home!! I am with you on the warmth department!! Hope you'll get plenty of trips down into the warm climates!

Jim.

JJG

« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2016, 08:57:14 PM »

Jim

Ah, sorry to hear about the issues, never nice not being well ever let alone away from home!! I am with you on the warmth department!! Hope you'll get plenty of trips down into the warm climates!

Oh, and by the way Ray, nice catch on the big Ford!!

Jim.

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2016, 08:57:14 PM »

Truck Driving Jobs