If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: Closing Remarks  (Read 4290 times)

partsman88

• Regular Membership
    • My page (Flickr)
Re: Closing Remarks
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2016, 07:07:37 AM »

Agreed (sorry Paul) ;) On a serious note however, you raise another good point. I often find that sometimes while I really enjoy looking through photos, I simply don't feel I have anything pertinent or worthwhile to add as a comment, so I do not. I find this especially with the LTL board as I quite honestly don't know a lot about LTL and so I can't really contribute anything constructive, nonetheless I enjoy the photos and reading the discussion others do have. Anyway, sorry to jack the thread, just offering thoughts.

Jon

Hate to say this but this is me too. I always check the threads at least once whenever I see them come up on the "show unread posts since last visit" forum, but if I'm not that knowledgeable about the subject in question and I don't have anything to say other than "wow great shot!" sometimes I won't say anything at all. Like Paul said it just feels cheap sometimes, and it doesn't add to the discussion. I feel FB/Flickr/etc. has us beat on that, it's a lot easier to just click the like button and move on versus sit there and try to contribute a comment that adds to the discussion. There's only so many ways I can say "awesome truck/shot." But know that even if I don't say anything it doesn't mean I didn't like the shots or don't appreciate the effort put in.

I understand where your coming from with the lack of comments, hell I posted coverage of a small truck show I went to last year with around 20 trucks at it and I only got a single comment. I could assume the majority didn't like or care about the trucks that were there, or the shots weren't that good since the weather was crappy, but it's not going to stop me from posting more content in the future. Either way, I'll still be checking your other pages even if you aren't around here. Do your thing man.

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2016, 07:07:37 AM »

jimh721

• Regular Membership
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2016, 10:03:09 PM »
The problem with F B is its only temporary, once its posted its gone after that day unless you know
who posted  it and can find it.  With the forum you can trace with company name.

I agree sometimes you think your going to get a good response and you only get maybe one.
But also on the forum you can tell by the hits that the subject gets, you may not get a response
but you know how many people looked at it.  If they looked , they must be interested.

Jim

IowaSuperTrucker

• Regular Membership
    • http://truckinboy.slickpic.com/gallery/
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2016, 08:29:09 AM »
Thanks for the comments guys. But let me clarify some things, as some of you seem to be taking this the wrong way. I've been waiting to say this for a while now, so I guess now is as good a time as any.

It comes down to this, I like seeing some form of "acknowledgement" on my posts, and here on a forum, you are forced to comment as there is no "Like" button like there is on Facebook (or favorite button on flickr). I've watched over the last several months, and forum activity is rapidly declining. I don't post stuff on here for myself, I post it for everyone else, in the hopes that someone gets some type of enjoyment out of it.

And to address your comment Paul, it seems whenever I post a "single" photo, it either gets ignored, or flooded out by someone else's post(s). I'll give you an example, a month ago I posted what I thought was a really nice looking dump truck in the Kenworth board, 97 views, not one reply. The same truck, on Facebook, got 81 likes and 4 comments in one post, and 42 likes and 3 comments in another. So where is my time better spent? Here? Or somewhere else where I see activity on my posts?

I agree with you 100%.  Times are changing and our time is valuable.

Rob Archer

• Administrator
  • Forum Administrator
    • www.hankstruckpictures.com
« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2016, 10:02:45 AM »
I feel more and more needing to answer this.
I will say right now....
FACEBOOK - Huge Social Media Site. The guy who designed it is extremely wealthy.
Hank's Forum is just that..a website discussion forum about trucks.
Two different animals; literally a minnow and a whale.

Jon_G

« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2016, 03:42:53 PM »

I think that's why I really like being here, it's dedicated and a smaller, more focused place to post and view photos, and such. Most people in my generation love social media, and I'm not knocking it or them by any means, but I like being able to come on here and be a part of this group. Not trying to stick my nose into others' business and I apologize if this comes off that way, but Rob is right, it's kind of comparing apples and oranges. Both can co-exist alongside, it doesn't have to be one over the other. Nothing is really wrong with either, they're just different.

Jon

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2016, 03:42:53 PM »

Truck Driving Jobs