If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: G&G Global Logistics (Updated 4/23/17)  (Read 4070 times)

Jon_G

G&G Global Logistics (Updated 4/23/17)
« on: May 02, 2016, 11:51:26 AM »
Alright, here is the thread for my fleet in Euro Truck Simulator 2. I had posted some photos in the ETS2 thread, but thought I would make a similar dedicated thread as I have for my company in ATS. G&G Global Logistics, founded in 2014, is based in Rotterdam in the Netherlands. Over the past two years, we have grown quickly, now with a fleet of 28 trucks spread across 6 locations, including a new garage in Sweden we just opened. The G in G&G is part of my initials, which is why I use it. I hope to gradually add photos of my Euro fleet here. All of my trucks are named after historic trains and aircraft, and my numbering scheme corresponds to the year of the truck (i.e. first truck from 2014 is 14-01). This is a numbering/naming system I may carry over to my American fleet as well, just for fun ;D Hope some enjoy!

So, here is #14-01, Caledonian Express, a 2014 Scania R-Series Topline. All of my fleet uses a derivative of this paint scheme, just in slight variations in pattern and all in different colors.

#14-02, Devon Belle, is a 2014 MAN TG-series. It has a tag lift on the first drive axle, which allows for better weight distribution. It is used mainly in heavier hauls, as it has a lot of pulling power, though it is not as efficient on fuel as the Scanias.

Jon
« Last Edit: April 22, 2017, 09:08:15 PM by Jon_G »

Hank's Truck Forum

G&G Global Logistics (Updated 4/23/17)
« on: May 02, 2016, 11:51:26 AM »

Truck Driving Jobs

Iowa80

• Regular Membership
Re: G&G Global Logistics
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2016, 02:44:26 PM »
Your numbering/naming system is definitely a unique way of doing this besides using just plain old numbers, and something I never really thought of, and I like it.  I've seen similar numbering systems used on bus fleets before, but I can't recall any truck fleets that use it.

As for the trucks, I really like the paint scheme on #14-02. 8) 

Jon_G

Re: G&G Global Logistics
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2016, 08:59:45 PM »

Thanks! I know there are some fleets out there that name all their trucks, thought it might be fun. As for the truck years, I know Precision Motor Transport from Okemos, MI (the guys with the Argosy car haulers pulling for BMW) use the same system.

Jon

Jon_G

Re: G&G Global Logistics (Updated 6/24/16)
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2016, 11:19:57 PM »

Finally got around to playing some more of the European simulator. I thought I would post a few more fleet photos as well.

#14-03, Antwerp Continental is a 2014 Scania R-Series Topline. I went with a purple, black, and white color set for this one, and did the center hubs to match as well, with chrome wheels. Here it is sitting at the main yard in Rotterdam.

#14-04, Montpelier is a 2014 Renault Magnum, the last model year it was produced. It has a dark turquoise and black color scheme.

#14-05, Lakes Express is another 2014 Scania Topline. It has a bright green and orange paint scheme, with a few chrome extras like the mirrors and wheels.

#14-06, Silver Star is a Scania R730 Streamline, with the lower roof and added air shield. I went for a more subtle silver and black with this one. Here it is on a recent trip, at a rest area just inside Germany with an unusual load.

Jon

Jon_G

Re: G&G Global Logistics (Updated 6/26/16)
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2016, 10:39:13 PM »
#15-01, Evergreen is the first truck I bought in 2015. It's a Scania R730 Streamline with the V-8 engine. I went for a green color scheme for this one, along with green center hubs and hub covers to match. This truck is set up for heavier hauling, with the more powerful engine and a tag/lift axle to balance weight better. Here it is travelling after a long rain shower, hauling a front-end loader.

Jon
« Last Edit: October 15, 2016, 10:35:58 PM by Jon_G »

Iowa80

• Regular Membership
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2016, 01:44:53 PM »
I like 'em all, although #14-06 is my favorite.  BTW, just curious, do you prefer ETS2 and European trucks (seeing as you're a cabover fan) over American trucks, and ATS or vice versa?

Jon_G

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2016, 04:43:54 PM »
Thanks! I actually prefer American Truck Simulator, but i do really like Euro trucks as well. ETS2 has a lot of interesting features and the map is giant.

Jon_G

Re: G&G Global Logistics (Updated 10/16/16)
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2016, 10:46:25 PM »

Well, I still haven't gotten around to posting all of my ETS2 fleet, which has 28 trucks as of now, so here are a few more.

#15-02, Aberdeen is another Scania R-series Streamline. It has a very similar color group as #14-03, except for a more maroon base color and an off-white accent. Here it is taking a break at a rest area.

#15-03, Chelmsford is a 2015, Euro 6 spec DAF XF. This is one of the color schemes I am most proud of so far, I really like the way it turned out. Here it is pulling a pair of containers.

#15-04, Arboga is a 2015 Volvo FH Globetrotter. I went with a black and teal on this one, and also added cab lights on the roof. As opposed to the more traditional chrome Euro wheels I have on most trucks, I went with the more US-style rim for this one as it looks a lot like the wheels Volvo uses as the featured wheel for the new FH.

#15-05, Borgholm is another 2015 Scania Streamline, this one with a two-tone green over gray color scheme.

Jon

Iowa80

• Regular Membership
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2016, 11:13:02 AM »
You do a really good job of making your Euro trucks keep their European look yet without them being too over the top.  They all look pretty nice but #15-02 and 15-03 are my favorites here. 8)

Jon_G

« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2016, 08:15:04 AM »

Thank you, I may try out some different color schemes, but I like to keep the trucks clean looking overall.

Jon

The Fugitive

• Regular Membership
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2016, 12:51:23 PM »
Just a little complaint the MAN lift axle is not a drive axle but great work.      Bob.

Jon_G

« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2016, 05:08:52 PM »

Ah didn't even realize I said drive haha, I know the difference, it appears I must have been half asleep ;D

Jon

Iowa80

• Regular Membership
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2016, 08:15:08 PM »
So I've been wondering what the "Euro 6" means; I've heard of that stuff before, such as the new Scania model being a "Euro 7."  Do you know what the significance of that is?

Oh, and I would still be interested in seeing more pics from this fleet sometime; while I'm heavily biased towards American trucks, these trucks in the game have some pretty neat paint schemes and you've done some really cool stuff with them.  No pressure or anything, and I can see how this would be easy to forget about.

Jon_G

« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2016, 08:28:43 PM »

Thank you! I have several more photos, just haven't taken the time to upload them but would be happy to do so here soon.
As far as Euro 6, it is essentially the emissions/fuel economy standards for the EU. It applies to both new gasoline and diesel engines. It is very much the same as US manufacturers building to EPA 2017 standards. I believe Australia uses a derivative of Euro 6 for their new engines, and while ours are different standards, they are not that far apart from these either.

Jon

Jon_G

« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2016, 10:45:44 PM »

Well, I finally have gotten around to uploading a few more pics from my Euro fleet.

This is #15-06, Aalst, a 2015 Scania R-series Topline with an orange and maroon variant of my fleet's livery. The hub surrounds are color matched, and as all of my trucks have, there are shiny polished aluminum wheels all around.
Here it is at my garage, forget which one though.

At a rest area in Germany, pulling a trailer for XPO Logistics, which took over the large fleet of Norbert Dentressangle in Europe.

#15-07, Hasselt, is a 2015 Volvo FH Globetrotter, painted black and purple. Here it is on a recent trip pulling a trailer for Dissegna Eurofreight

#15-08, Brooks, is a 2015 MAN TG-X. I went with a black over blue paint scheme with this one.

#15-09, Chestermere, is another 2015 Scania R-Series Topline. This one has a blue base color with tan and beige accents. It is mechanically identical to the other Toplines I have, except I went with the more American-style alcoa wheels.

#15-10, Edmonton, is another MAN TG-X, this one the smaller sleeper cab, and equipped with a lift axle. This one was originally doing regional runs, but I re-assigned it to my new fuel delivery division. I have partnered with a few fuel companies (the liveries are mods) to haul their product. I plan on expanding this division with a handful more trucks similarly spec'd. I went with a white and light silver so that it would pair well with different tanker trailer liveries.

#15-11, Spruce Grove, is a 2015 Scania R-Series Streamline with a blue base color. Here it is hauling Volvo FH's.

Finally, #16-01, Selkirk, is the first tractor purchased in 2016. It is a maroon and black Scania R-Series Streamline, and is seen here with a drop deck trailer.

Jon

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2016, 10:45:44 PM »

Truck Driving Jobs