If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: Some FedEx Custom Critical, Panther, and Forward Air TLX  (Read 3712 times)

militaryman4

Some FedEx Custom Critical, Panther, and Forward Air TLX
« on: April 22, 2016, 08:01:49 PM »
So our company, MSR Transport Services, is up to 7 tractors ... 4 with FedEx Custom Critical, 2 with Panther Premium Logistics, and 1 with Forward Air Truckload Expedite (and we are adding another one on at FAF in June). Here are a few shots of our tractors ... you can tell they are ours by the MSR logo on the compartment door for the most part.

We provide all of our drivers EpicVue In-Motion Satellite TV

Enjoy!

Rob

Hank's Truck Forum

Some FedEx Custom Critical, Panther, and Forward Air TLX
« on: April 22, 2016, 08:01:49 PM »

charlie

• Regular Membership
  • Wish i were built like a Mack truck
Re: Some FedEx Custom Critical, Panther, and Forward Air TLX
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2016, 08:11:56 PM »
Rob

Good to see all's going well & the business appears to be growing. :) Good luck as you continue on your journey. ;)

IowaSuperTrucker

• Regular Membership
    • http://truckinboy.slickpic.com/gallery/
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2016, 10:30:49 PM »
Good stuff Rob!  Thanks for the update.  Been wondering what all you have going on. :)

Rob Archer

• Administrator
  • Forum Administrator
    • Slickpic
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2016, 03:43:40 AM »
Rob, thanks for the update.
FXCC, Panther and now ForwardAir?
Nice too see some parts of the Expedting Business still going.
There seems to be far fewer D unit straight trucks out there.

Rob

LocalCoilHauler

• A Dirty Truck is a Working Truck
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2016, 12:24:44 PM »
Cool shots! Nice to see you guys doing well! How are those Cascadia's doing for you guys BTW?
It's Appearance might be Half yours but it's Reliability might be Twice yours!!

Jon_G

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2016, 08:14:17 PM »

Rob, glad to see you are doing well! Sharp looking Freightliners as well, just goes to show you can make a white truck look really good when kept clean, and with some shiny details like the mirrors 8) 8) Good luck to you going forward and please keep us updated!
Also, do you guys have a dedicated area you run or are you all 48? (Just curious)

Jon

militaryman4

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2016, 06:53:11 PM »
Rob

Good to see all's going well & the business appears to be growing. :) Good luck as you continue on your journey. ;)

Thanks Charlie! It is indeed ... our plan has us at 10 by the year's end ... 5 teams at FedEx, 2 teams at Panther, and 3 solos at Forward Air TLX. And of our 14 drivers right now, 8 are Veterans.

militaryman4

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2016, 06:23:12 AM »
Good stuff Rob!  Thanks for the update.  Been wondering what all you have going on. :)
Thanks! This is exactly what I've had going on. Keeping busy between this and the TSA and Reserves still!

militaryman4

« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2016, 06:25:22 AM »
Rob, thanks for the update.
FXCC, Panther and now ForwardAir?
Nice too see some parts of the Expedting Business still going.
There seems to be far fewer D unit straight trucks out there.

Rob
Yes, we wanted to focus on certain business segments at each carrier. Reefer at FedEx, DoD at Panther, and Solos at Forward Air. A lot of the C/D unit freight has moved to tractor-trailer. If it breaks down, the trailer can be re-powered and the load not as compromised where on the C/D you have to cross-dock it to another truck to make the delivery. Most of our loads are under 15K weight.

militaryman4

« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2016, 06:27:15 AM »
Cool shots! Nice to see you guys doing well! How are those Cascadia's doing for you guys BTW?
Thanks! We love the Cascadia ... as our entry model. We really have not had maintenance issues with them. We are building and spec'ing our first Western Star 5700XE though for delivery this summer. We went with the 82" Ultra-High Rise Stratosphere and hope to make that our fleet truck for drivers after a year with us ... just use the Cascadia's as our entry unit until the driver shows they will stay on with us.

charlie

• Regular Membership
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2016, 06:37:59 AM »
A lot of the C/D unit freight has moved to tractor-trailer.
Guess this explains the absence of the straight truck expediter units both from the highways and truck stops over the past couple of years. :(

militaryman4

« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2016, 08:24:05 AM »

Rob, glad to see you are doing well! Sharp looking Freightliners as well, just goes to show you can make a white truck look really good when kept clean, and with some shiny details like the mirrors 8) 8) Good luck to you going forward and please keep us updated!
Also, do you guys have a dedicated area you run or are you all 48? (Just curious)

Jon
Jon,

We try and make a white truck look good ... but man do we have something in store for later this summer ... we won't be plain white any longer! haha! We run all 48, plus Canada and Alaska if a load warrants it. Love the expedite piece of it ... never know where you will be next. Now if I can just convince my wife to let me back on the road (with her) it would be even better!

Rob

militaryman4

« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2016, 08:38:00 AM »
A lot of the C/D unit freight has moved to tractor-trailer.
Guess this explains the absence of the straight truck expediter units both from the highways and truck stops over the past couple of years. :(
Yep ... but it makes sense. When you have to move it, you don't have time to wait for a tow and most customers don't want the seal broken ... so you swap power units and keep on moving now!

Jon_G

« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2016, 11:33:29 AM »

Cool, look forward to seeing the new equipment!

Jon

charlie

• Regular Membership
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2016, 12:59:41 PM »
Rob

Can't wait to see what's in store this summer. Oh and if you ever need company on one of those Alaska trips give me a jingle. I've been trying to score a vehicle going up there or coming back from there for several years without success..........and the wife wouldn't miss me until 2-3 weeks went by. ;D

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2016, 12:59:41 PM »

Truck Driving Jobs

Truck Driving Jobs