If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: The HX  (Read 2018 times)

jr-transport

• Chicken Lights and Chrome...
    • Check out my Flikr page. I have lots of pics of my Trucks-both real and models.
The HX
« on: April 17, 2016, 12:24:21 PM »
Was at Truck world this week and saw some pretty cool stuff including this:

International HX by Jeremy Rempel, on Flickr

International HX by Jeremy Rempel, on Flickr

Now, I didn't look into it much b/c I'm not really a Cornbinder guy, but this one looks kinda alright. There was also a sloped hood set back HX there too, but I didn't take any pics. Kinda looks like they are the ones set up to take over for the now defunct CAT CT models.
"In my experience, overkill is underrated" Hannibal

Nosin' around by jr-transport, on Flickr

Hank's Truck Forum

The HX
« on: April 17, 2016, 12:24:21 PM »

Jon_G

Re: The HX
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2016, 01:01:52 PM »

Great pictures of it! Out of all the variations of the HX, I like this one the best, it still looks like the outgoing SFFA Paystar with the exception of the grille and headlights.

Jon

charlie

• Regular Membership
  • Wish i were built like a Mack truck
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2016, 01:03:46 PM »
Wonder if he'll bring it down to Macungie in June for us all to get a look at it? ???

Jon_G

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2016, 01:06:34 PM »

BTW, and sorry to jack the thread, but when is Macungie this year? I was given a bonus work vacation and have been debating either doing the Iowa 80 Jamboree or Macungie, but want to make a decision soon as I also have to book things for my South Carolina trip.

Jon

charlie

• Regular Membership
  • Wish i were built like a Mack truck
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2016, 01:30:24 PM »
Jon_G

Macungie is a 2 day event.......June 17-18. Saturday being the big crowd day.......always the Saturday before Fathers Day. :) Hope to see you there. ;)

partsman88

• Regular Membership
    • My page (Flickr)
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2016, 01:56:43 PM »
Great pictures, thanks for sharing. I gotta admit I like how they look, the rugged/tough look suits a truck much better than the smiley-doofus aerodynamic style of the Prostars.

Paystar

• Regular Membership
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2016, 06:13:29 PM »
Can't go wrong with the 9900i/5900i body and chassis. Now if only I could still get a C15 in it.
The New Generation: 'You have what we call an irrational sense of entitlement. It won't kill you, but it will cause you to believe that you deserve top pay for doing nothing.'

Zeprome

• Regular Membership
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2016, 06:17:27 PM »
I got the HX as well. Only the front, not sure why I didn't take the sides.

Got the rear as well but that's about it.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2016, 06:31:02 PM by Zeprome »

Paystar

• Regular Membership
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2016, 08:10:31 PM »
I wonder how those new headlights are? That was my only complaint with my 9900i and 5600i......the single square sealed beam headlights SUCKED!!
I think the problem was they were set so far back in the bezels, you got no peripheral lighting. And in the winter those bezels would pack with snow and eventually turn to 3 inches of ice over the bulbs.

One thing about International, they know how to make a proper tow hitch.
The New Generation: 'You have what we call an irrational sense of entitlement. It won't kill you, but it will cause you to believe that you deserve top pay for doing nothing.'

Jim Herriot

• Regular Membership
  • ........who?........
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2016, 04:23:04 AM »
Now, I didn't look into it much b/c I'm not really a Cornbinder guy,

...me neither. ;D(2 fast 4 the field, 2 slow 4 the road), :-X... diamond plate on the 5th wheel makes me wonder, :-\.. will it b in work fleet, :-\...or show fleet? ::)...Jim. ;)...
...duties and obligations, before pleasures and desires...

Paystar

• Regular Membership
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2016, 07:22:04 AM »
Now, I didn't look into it much b/c I'm not really a Cornbinder guy,

...me neither. ;D(2 fast 4 the field, 2 slow 4 the road), :-X... diamond plate on the 5th wheel makes me wonder, :-\.. will it b in work fleet, :-\...or show fleet? ::)...Jim. ;)...

My Cat powered Binders were Cornfield Corvette's.  ;)

dockmen027

• "Base to 101"
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2016, 05:12:45 PM »
This thread wouldn't be complete without a photo from the Gary Morton Collection.......

John K                      260 Brockway

Paystar

• Regular Membership
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2016, 08:07:02 PM »
What a sweet truck!! Now only if he got a pic of it parked beside their new Cat CT680L.

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2016, 08:07:02 PM »

Truck Driving Jobs