If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: International HX  (Read 1687 times)

Paystar

• Regular Membership
International HX
« on: April 16, 2016, 07:56:21 AM »
Anyone get any pics of that new International HX 520 at Truck World? I had to miss the show this year due to other obligations.

I found one pic of it online so far. Judging by the beautiful red and black color scheme I'm guessing it will be going to George Tackaberry?

Would be fitting for him to have the first one in Canada, being that he has been a long time International customer with many, many units.
The New Generation: 'You have what we call an irrational sense of entitlement. It won't kill you, but it will cause you to believe that you deserve top pay for doing nothing.'

Hank's Truck Forum

International HX
« on: April 16, 2016, 07:56:21 AM »

Truck Driving Jobs

Jim Herriot

• Regular Membership
  • ........who?........
Re: International HX
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2016, 03:12:50 PM »
Judging by the beautiful red and black color scheme I'm guessing it will be going to George Tackaberry?

...it is for sure. ;D...hav pics haven't  gottem outta new phone. ::)...Jim. ;)...                                             

http://www.truckinginfo.com/channel/products/product/detail/2016/04/navistar-shows-hx520-the-series-4th-version.aspx                                               
...duties and obligations, before pleasures and desires...

Paystar

• Regular Membership
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2016, 09:12:44 AM »
Thanks Jim. I thought it looked familiar. I did get to see it. Oso2 went on a photo mission for me.
That, and the Western Star 4900 were my two favorites of the show.
The New Generation: 'You have what we call an irrational sense of entitlement. It won't kill you, but it will cause you to believe that you deserve top pay for doing nothing.'

TWP

• Regular Membership
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2016, 10:24:28 AM »
There was a new HX at the local dealership and when I stopped back to get pics within
a half hour it was GONE!!!!!!
I circled like a fly, poked my nose into two of their shops like a spy....but....
There it was.....GONE!!!!

hahahahaha!!!not for a lack of trying!

-Ted
Truckin`Addiction.
Argueing with a trucker is like wrestleing with a pig in the mud.
After a while you realize the pig is enjoying it.

Jon_G

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2016, 01:08:02 PM »

Had that experience when I was looking at Audi's, they sell almost as quick as they drive ;D

Jon

Paystar

• Regular Membership
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2016, 06:16:29 PM »
What dealer was that TWP? That tri-drive from the Vegas show made it's way to the dealer in BC, but I haven't seen any others.

I think International said some will make June delivery in Canada (the ones that have been ordered)

Zeprome

• Regular Membership
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2016, 06:21:13 PM »
Here you go Paystar!

I forgot to take the passenger side photo of this truck :/

Is this a HX as well?

« Last Edit: April 17, 2016, 06:29:44 PM by Zeprome »

Paystar

• Regular Membership
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2016, 09:16:26 PM »
Thanks again Zeprome. I'm really enjoying your full show pic post in your other thread. Really good quality pics. 8)

Oso2

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2016, 09:50:29 PM »
Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!

TWP

• Regular Membership
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2016, 07:15:06 PM »
What dealer was that TWP? That tri-drive from the Vegas show made it's way to the dealer in BC, but I haven't seen any others.

That was at Cookson Motors an International dealer in Kelowna, B.C.  50 yrs strong.

-Ted
Truckin`Addiction.

Paystar

• Regular Membership
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2016, 07:37:11 PM »
That's it....Cookson. There was a pic of the black tri-drive there I saw on Google images.

TWP

• Regular Membership
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2016, 07:39:37 PM »
That's it....Cookson. There was a pic of the black tri-drive there I saw on Google images.

And black it was, I'll be past there again tomorrow and scope it out again to have a look-see.
Truckin`Addiction.

Paystar

• Regular Membership
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2016, 07:44:10 PM »
I checked their web site the other day, but there was no mention of it.

Blue Mule74

• Regular Membership
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2019, 01:43:56 AM »
The Pelletier family that was once featured on a TV Show called "American Loggers" I believe just bought a brand new 2020 International HX sometime after the first week of June earlier this year

Lance C.

Founder of Lance's Truck Picture's

coloradogreen

• 10-4 Magazine
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2019, 08:29:53 PM »
 The frame is interesting to me, looks like they took a note from their lark with Caterpillar. Not sure how many here have been able to see a CAT truck up close, but, it sounds like Naviatsr is now using the same rails as the CAT trucks.

From a perspective of engineering, it's not a bad concept.

However, even in heavy haul there are relative standards for things like fifth-wheel height. The deeper rails will conversely mean a higher ride height overall unless spec'd with a suspension specifically designed in conjunction with the frame design. Much like the Cascadia Evolution having numerous captive parts, this is a similar situation.

If you get much past a 52-inch fifth wheel height in lowboy work, you're starting to fight your overall height with machinery on the deck. Conversely, low-profile 5th wheels tend to be lighter duty fifth wheels, as well, and have limited pivot travel, which can be problematic off-road. A higher frame also means setting the neck of the lowboy on a reversed-rake, which can be problematic if you have a heavy steer and need to slide far forward on the fifth wheel (in short, the tail of your frame can catch the neck of the lowboy).

I'd like to see whatever Navistar's recommended suspension with the frame is.
Your friendly neighborhood vegan heavy haul punk.

"Suzie-Q"

IMAGES COPYRIGHT TROY MILLER/ 10-4 MAGAZINE

Contributor 10-4 Magazine

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2019, 08:29:53 PM »

Truck Driving Jobs