If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: Southwind Logistics (Updated 11-17-2018)  (Read 10452 times)

Iowa80

• Regular Membership
Re: Southwind Logistics (Updated 6-29-2016)
« Reply #30 on: June 30, 2016, 07:43:22 AM »
Thank you!  I'm really looking forward to getting out of town for those couple weeks, and hopefully (no promises, but I'm definitely going to try) some truck pictures out of it as well.  I hope you enjoy your trips as well. :)

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #30 on: June 30, 2016, 07:43:22 AM »

Jon_G

« Reply #31 on: June 30, 2016, 08:34:11 PM »

Thanks, same here, we do the South Carolina trip annually, which is where my Vacation trip photos come from, so hopefully I can add to that. Look forward to yours as well if you have time.

Jon

Iowa80

• Regular Membership
« Reply #32 on: July 23, 2016, 04:17:41 PM »
I have not had much time to play the game during my vacation, but I'm back home now so I should be able to find a little more time for that.  Also another reason I have not updated as much is I have started a second fleet, which I will run alongside this one and will eventually share the other fleet as well, however I have not purchased any trucks for it yet.  The reason I chose to do that is because I liked Jon's way of having a fleet identity in the way the trucks are spec'd, which is what I will do for the new fleet, while I will also continue to expand this fleet and keep things going the way they have been.

As I mentioned earlier I never posted any pictures of #16, so here they are:

Now on to trucks that I recently bought, #19 is this Peterbilt 579 with a Cummins ISX15 and 18-speed transmission:

I'm not much of an intermodal fan, but IMO this one actually looks good pulling the orange container:

#20 is a W900 with a Caterpillar C15 and 18-speed transmission.  I went with a solid dark blue color on this one which IMO looks really good.  It also features a chrome turbo wing and all the lights possible on the W900.

Here she is all lit up.  If you count the lights above the front wheel which also function as turn signals, this truck has a total of 82 lights.

« Last Edit: July 23, 2016, 04:19:40 PM by Iowa80 »

Jon_G

Re: Southwind Logistics (Updated 7-23-2016)
« Reply #33 on: July 23, 2016, 09:28:16 PM »

Cool you started a second fleet, also, really nice job on the W900L with all the lights, it looks really cool!

Jon

J4500

« Reply #34 on: July 24, 2016, 09:47:43 PM »
Nice paint schemes, especially the green w900. The other w900 looks good all lit up.

Iowa80

• Regular Membership
« Reply #35 on: July 28, 2016, 04:39:33 PM »
A couple more shots of #20:

#21 is pretty much identical to #19 except for different color tones.  I really liked the way #19 turned out with the larger bull bar and visor, so I decided to do another one like it and will probably do more in the future as well.  That said, I like the paint scheme on #19 better.  This truck, and the other ones in this post, use the Cummins ISX15 and 18-speed Eaton Fuller.

IMO this image actually has the best lighting to show what the colors on this truck are like.

#22 is a 579 using the "Mount Rushmore" paint scheme.

For #23 I took a bit of inspiration from real trucks for Preferred Cartage out of Garden City, KS.

Jon_G

Re: Southwind Logistics (Updated 7-28-2016)
« Reply #36 on: July 29, 2016, 06:24:41 PM »

The Preferred Cartage-like KW is cool, I definitely see the resemblance to their fleet.

Jon

Iowa80

• Regular Membership
Re: Southwind Logistics (Updated 7-28-2016)
« Reply #37 on: August 02, 2016, 06:43:20 AM »
#24 is this W900 using the a black and teal Seminole color scheme; I personally love the way this one turned out.  It uses a Caterpillar C15 and 18-speed Eaton-Fuller.

For #25 I changed things up a bit from the fancy trucks with all the lights and chrome, and made this T680 daycab to mimic UPS trucks.  It uses the 455-hp PACCAR MX-13 and 13-speed Eaton-Fuller.

Jon_G

Re: Southwind Logistics (Updated 8-2-2016)
« Reply #38 on: August 02, 2016, 08:42:24 PM »

I really like what you did with the UPS-like tractor, that is a really clever idea. It would look really cool pulling doubles, I really hope one day they re-visit adding multiple pivot points for trailers, so we can have proper doubles.

Jon

Iowa80

• Regular Membership
Re: Southwind Logistics (Updated 8-2-2016)
« Reply #39 on: August 06, 2016, 08:33:39 AM »
#26 is a two-tone green 579 specced just like #19 and #21; I actually like the way this visor and larger bull bar looks on the 579; it gives it a very western look.  This truck uses the ISX15 and 18-speed that most of my recent aero-trucks use.

#27 is a T680 with the stripe design, and also uses the ISX15 and 18-speed.  I spec'd this one a little differently than #14, with a small black bull bar, chrome aero rear wheels, and painted mirrors and bumper.  My reason for that is because the T680s in my second fleet that I mentioned earlier will all be spec'd either like #14, or #9 for the "lightweight" ones, and I want to keep most of those in the other fleet to keep from having too much overlap between the two fleets.

I have decided that I will not add anymore trucks to this fleet until the 389 comes out, whether that be in a week or three months; I will continue to work on my other fleet and drive some of the older trucks in this fleet again.  I'm doing this so that I don't get too close to the current 60-truck limit yet, that way I still have room for plenty of 389s.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2016, 08:52:26 AM by Iowa80 »

J4500

Re: Southwind Logistics (Updated 8-6-2016)
« Reply #40 on: August 06, 2016, 11:34:10 AM »
Thats a great paint scheme on the w900, looks especially good in the early evening shot.

Jon_G

« Reply #41 on: August 06, 2016, 07:56:11 PM »

Both look great, and I think that's smart to wait for some new trucks. I hope they do come soon, maybe with the rescale they will add some more locations with the states we have. Will you be posting some photos of your other fleet as well?

Jon

Iowa80

• Regular Membership
« Reply #42 on: August 07, 2016, 09:30:35 AM »
Thanks, and I most certainly will be posting pictures of the other fleet.  Starting a fleet is a slow process, and I just haven't gotten to the point of buying any trucks yet - I'm currently at $123K and experience level 9, so I should have enough money for a truck soon.  However, I am waiting until I reach level 13 to buy the truck because all T680s will use the stripe design which is unlocked at level 13.

As for what you said about having to wait for new trucks, that is actually a big reason why I started the second fleet - that way I could still build new trucks without worrying about maxing out the limit on this fleet.  Once the 389 comes out I won't wait anymore for more truck types as it could take years to see those; if/when they come I'm thinking I'll just use them to replace some of my less favorite trucks in the fleet.

Jon_G

« Reply #43 on: August 07, 2016, 02:25:27 PM »

That's a cool idea, I think I'm going to trade mine after a certain amount of mileage like many fleets do, once the warranty expires ;D

Jon

Iowa80

• Regular Membership
« Reply #44 on: September 29, 2016, 07:26:29 PM »
So I have some pretty bad news here; put bluntly I probably won't be playing American Truck Simulator for quite some time.  The reason why is that my computer was recently downgraded from Windows 10 to 7 because of a few problems (including not recognizing a printer) and general non-user friendliness with Windows 10.  The problem with doing so is that my computer was never meant to use Windows 7, and while it works for the most part, there are still a couple little glitches here and there.  Ever since switching to 7, ATS just hasn't played the way it did with 10.  My problem is that the motion of the graphics is very often a little choppy; I think the proper term for it is stutter.

Now, this does not have a noticeable difference as far as controlling the truck itself goes, but at the same time the motion of the landscape and cars is obviously not the way it used to be.  Being the perfectionist that I am, I just cannot bring myself to play like that.  It used to be rather relaxing to play the game, and everything was as smooth as could be on the best graphics settings, but now it's a very annoying distraction.  The only times the game is smooth as normal is when the computer has little workload such as when driving down a mostly empty highway at night, so whatever is causing this, it must be that the processor can't handle higher workloads the way it could in Windows 10.  I've looked this up online and played around with a few different settings and had zero success in resolving the issue, and I don't think there is any easy fix to this.

I'm very sorry that it's come to this, but this issue has become too much of an annoyance to properly enjoy the game.  If things were running like normal I would still be playing regularly and posting more updates again soon.  If others still want to share their stuff I would still be interested in seeing it, but as for myself I'm done unless this somehow gets resolved. :(  Perhaps I will eventually go back to Windows 10, but that would probably be in at least a year or so. :-\

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #44 on: September 29, 2016, 07:26:29 PM »

Truck Driving Jobs