If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: Back To Bellies  (Read 5963 times)

peterbilttrucker

• Belly Dragger
    • My album
Re: Back To Bellies
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2016, 06:35:04 PM »
Another full week doing my usual Kaysville run. I guess I'm the dedicated Kaysville truck. Did take one load to Smithfield though when I had a shorter day.

Class...you either have it, or you don't.

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2016, 06:35:04 PM »

Jon_G

« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2016, 03:18:39 PM »

Nice catches, I really like the K100 cattle pot. Also on a side note, those Lexus IS sedans are great cars, was looking at some CPO cars awhile ago and while the price wasn't for me, they are really nice 8)

Jon

peterbilttrucker

• Belly Dragger
    • My album
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2016, 08:45:16 PM »

peterbilttrucker

• Belly Dragger
    • My album
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2016, 12:53:03 PM »
Six weeks of hauling to Kaysville, I think. They are getting so busy I really could use another truck to help me. Thursday, they batched 370 yards of mud and I kept up, but at the end of the day, after eleven loads, the trap was still empty. They said it was no big deal, they only had a hundred yards on the schedule Friday, so I could get caught up. Well, they ended up batching three hundred yards, haha. They had to load the trap from stockpiles on the ground when I couldn't keep up and after ten loads from me (and one from a helper), the trap is only about half full over the weekend and we need a couple loads put on the ground too. There's two hundred yards scheduled Monday and I'm off work for a funeral and the guy who is supposed to take my place is only working half a day because his wife is having a baby, so we'll see how hectic it is when I show up Tuesday morning. Forty-three loads this week. I've been getting a lot done on the truck lately too, fixed some minor things while it got a service on Tuesday, acid washed my trailers Wednesday, degreased all the hydraulic oil off of my wetkit tank and degreased the engine Thursday. Just need to do some dusting and wash my floor mats inside and find time to go to a truck wash to scrub the tractor unit. I've also got some new tanker lights to replace a couple of my worn out ones and hope to polish some aluminum next weekend. There's a truck show in Idaho I'd like to take her to on the 25th.

Jon_G

« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2016, 08:18:31 PM »

Sounds busy, hope you are able to make it to the show. Any idea who the 362 Pete cattle pot is running for, that's a sharp looking cabover I wouldn't mind running if I was in the business 8)

Jon

TWP

• Regular Membership
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2016, 09:57:58 PM »
Always nice to know that there something to do the next bit.
Nice looking iron and sceneries.
Really like the shot of the sweet W9, blue, side-dumper,.

Happy Driver Profile'n!......:)

That particular shot just brings a big grin to my face. Lol
Truckin`Addiction.
Argueing with a trucker is like wrestleing with a pig in the mud.
After a while you realize the pig is enjoying it.

peterbilttrucker

• Belly Dragger
    • My album
« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2016, 07:25:00 PM »

Sounds busy, hope you are able to make it to the show. Any idea who the 362 Pete cattle pot is running for, that's a sharp looking cabover I wouldn't mind running if I was in the business 8)

Jon

Yes, it's actually a friend that lives near me. Casey Earl, I think his company is K&C Transport, they've got three trucks I think. He bought the 362 close to a year ago, low mileage California truck. It had red stripes, same pattern, but he repainted it to match his other two rides. Very clean and original truck, just like his others. He has an '06 or '07 379 flattop and a new 389 glider with the coffin sleeper with the window in the side. Both are white with green fenders and always clean. He pulls the cow trailer and reefers.

peterbilttrucker

• Belly Dragger
    • My album
« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2016, 07:33:52 PM »
Last week I actually got to haul Brigham to South Weber Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. Six loads each day, plus one load to Smithfield Tuesday (big emergency up there). Friday I ended up back on Kaysville, but I mixed in a little to South Weber at the same time because Kaysville was slow and South Weber had been screaming for more sand all week, haha. Saturday I did three loads of squeegee from Point of The Mountain to Ogden, so I got a chance to stop in Salt Lake and have the truck washed...finally! Lights are fixed too, so I just have to do some hand polishing and detail my interior to be ready for the show next Saturday. Best news is, I actually got back on a gig I did for quite awhile last year. It's boring, about twenty loads a day, but it pays WAY good, so I hope I can stay on it long term...sounds like all next week, at least.

Jon_G

« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2016, 07:52:14 PM »

Love the pic of your 389 hooked to the doubles, great photo, and thanks for the info on the 362 as well 8)

Jon

peterbilttrucker

• Belly Dragger
    • My album
« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2016, 07:55:29 PM »
Thanks, those are what she pulls all summer. I've had those trailers four years, probably my favorite thing to pull.

Jon_G

« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2016, 07:58:21 PM »

I can imagine it's quite difficult at times, but the Pete looks well set up for it.

Jon

peterbilttrucker

• Belly Dragger
    • My album
« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2016, 08:07:18 PM »
They definitely spec'd it for the bellies...I wanted a little longer frame, next size bigger sleeper, and a step further towards highway gears, but that didn't happen, haha. Belly dumping is actually about the easiest job in trucking you could find, I'd think. I just sit in the cab and hit switches, unloads in about five seconds, haha. It looks long in the mirror, but they corner tighter than a fifty-three footer with the axles slid back. 129,000 pounds sounds heavy, but I can stop it quicker than an eighty thousand pound truck...I have twice as many brakes! The only tricky part is when I'm on the Kaysville trap, where I have to back them up to unload the main trailer. Practice makes perfect...almost, haha.

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2016, 08:07:18 PM »

Truck Driving Jobs