If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: Portland and Phoenix  (Read 2510 times)

peterbilttrucker

• Belly Dragger
    • My album
Portland and Phoenix
« on: March 13, 2016, 10:22:57 AM »
I'm getting closer to the end of my reefer trucking until next winter and I'm starting to take it easy. I started off last week on Tuesday with a load of cheese to Wilsonville, Oregon that unloaded Thursday morning. I reloaded the same yogurt load at Safeway in Clackamas that I did the last time I was up there, with two drops near home. All day Friday was spent sitting around. It took five hours at Albertson's in North Salt Lake to kick off six pallets and the lumpers smashed a few cases of yogurt on the floor too, so after finishing unloading at Associated Food in Farr West, I had to get a trailer washout before loading frozen vegetables at Pictsweet in Ogden. Saturday I took that load to Tolleson, Arizona to unload Sunday morning and then basically had the day off. I went up to Danny's Big Rig Resort in Phoenix and got a truck wash, considered having the trailer wheels and fuel tank polished, but they're pretty rough and they would've charged more than I could justify spending right now. I spent the day there though, visiting with an Eilen and Sons driver that parked next to me in the polishing bay and a second cousin that lives down there that I hadn't seen in a few years. In the evening, I headed over to Chandler for a shower, and then continued to Tucson to spend the night at the TTT. Monday morning, I headed down to Rio Rico for a load of Mexican produce, had a ten o'clock appointment. I got my first three pallets on at the first pick really fast and went to check in at the last pick, but my load wasn't ready. I was sent to go wait at a nearby truckstop and wait for them to call me. Thirteen hours later, I was loaded, haha. I hadn't slept because I was really anticipating getting loaded faster than that (got some polishing done though), but figured I could find somewhere to park and get a nap in. Well, I guess everyone else in town had the same idea, so I just headed up to Flagstaff, haha. By the time I had fueled in Flagstaff, it was daylight, so I was wide awake with the help of a Rockstar energy drink, so I went to Cedar City, showered, ate dinner, got a nap, and headed for North Salt Lake to unload. After I unloaded Wednesday morning, I came home and have been here ever since. Scheduled to load at Americold in Clearfield tomorrow afternoon with a five dropper in Seattle. I think I'll try to get a load to Erlanger, Kentucky the last week of the month and go to MATS in Louisville, since I never have been to that show, then I'm pretty sure I'll be hooked back up to belly dumps.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2016, 10:28:19 AM by peterbilttrucker »
Class...you either have it, or you don't.

Hank's Truck Forum

Portland and Phoenix
« on: March 13, 2016, 10:22:57 AM »

peterbilttrucker

• Belly Dragger
    • My album
Re: Portland and Phoenix
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2016, 10:27:15 AM »

Got to run with an old friend all the way to Troutdale, Oregon on my way up with the cheese, he was in the Skidmore 579.

TWP

• Regular Membership
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2016, 12:21:35 PM »
Nice view out of the office window.
Truckin`Addiction.
Argueing with a trucker is like wrestleing with a pig in the mud.
After a while you realize the pig is enjoying it.

IowaSuperTrucker

• Regular Membership
    • http://truckinboy.slickpic.com/gallery/
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2016, 07:25:16 PM »
Woa, lots of killer trucks there you took.  That Pride is wild...that isn't their flagship show truck is it?

That Blick seems like it would be a cool rig...never seen those guys before.  Interesting catch on that Green Bay Packers rig....it was owned by a guy that lives over the border into Wisconsin from here, he was leased to Bob Erickson Trucking out of Lino Lakes MN, just up the road.  It appears to still be leased to Bob.  Do you mind if I post/share your GB Packers photo and your photos next to Eilen on my Facebook group?  I'm curious about some more info on those two guys and if I post it on there, I'll get answers right away. :)

That Pete 567 looks sharp too!  Those are really growing on me.

Good stuff!

Iowa80

• Regular Membership
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2016, 07:35:09 PM »
Great catches, and I agree about the 567 - I really like the one you caught! 8)  It has more of that look of classic and aero styling blended together, compared to the generic 579.  Somehow I don't think we'll be seeing many 567s with the large sleeper like that around, but that would make this one an even more exciting catch.

Jon_G

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2016, 08:41:12 PM »

Ryan, great photos, and the truck is looking awesome 8) I too like that 567 sleeper cab. I have seen a few of the SFFA version spec'd that way and IMO it looks cool. I wonder if perhaps they will eventually bring out a longer hood version of that to replace the current 389. The 389 is really great the way it is, but the new wide cab is becoming the standard at both KW and Peterbilt. It is selling well and seems to be well-received by fleets also, as shown by the amount of T680's and 579's we have seen in just over two years of those models being out. Perhaps a wider cab version of the 389 would encourage fleets to take another look at it. Hope I am not starting yet another hoods vs. aero truck debate, just making an observation.

Jon

peterbilttrucker

• Belly Dragger
    • My album
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2016, 01:42:52 PM »
Woa, lots of killer trucks there you took.  That Pride is wild...that isn't their flagship show truck is it?

That Blick seems like it would be a cool rig...never seen those guys before.  Interesting catch on that Green Bay Packers rig....it was owned by a guy that lives over the border into Wisconsin from here, he was leased to Bob Erickson Trucking out of Lino Lakes MN, just up the road.  It appears to still be leased to Bob.  Do you mind if I post/share your GB Packers photo and your photos next to Eilen on my Facebook group?  I'm curious about some more info on those two guys and if I post it on there, I'll get answers right away. :)

That Pete 567 looks sharp too!  Those are really growing on me.

Good stuff!

Yes, feel free to share any pictures. I think Jeff England drives the big Pride K-dub once in awhile when the weather is good.

norseman

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2016, 10:05:12 PM »
Very cool bunch of pics! I know it's a bit weird that I pick a Cascadia to comment on out of all those pics, but.... those Gary Blick rigs are about as sharp as a Cascadia can get. 8)

Jan.
"Advertisements contain the only truths to be relied on in a newspaper." - Mark Twain

Blue Mule74

• Regular Membership
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2016, 10:46:39 PM »
That's a nice series
Lance C.

Founder of Lance's Truck Picture's

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2016, 10:46:39 PM »