If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: Vacation shots (updated 8-18-19)  (Read 14909 times)

partsman88

• Regular Membership
    • My page (Flickr)
Re: Vacation shots (updated 8-5-19)
« Reply #150 on: August 06, 2019, 05:06:53 PM »
Thanks guys. Wreckerman I've always had a thing for tandem axle straight trucks too.

+1 on the Yarde Metals fleet Charlie, they keep their rigs clean. Glad everyone liked the T800 too, it was nice to see one a little dressed up. And Jim even though I have no love left for the old Cascadia's, a Goodyear truck was too good to pass up. That seems to be an Ohio-only rig, I have yet to find one anywhere else.

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #150 on: August 06, 2019, 05:06:53 PM »

partsman88

• Regular Membership
    • My page (Flickr)
« Reply #151 on: August 06, 2019, 06:11:12 PM »
Alright gents I wanted to get this last set out of the way so I can move on to bigger and better things. This is a set of rando's on my way back to Columbus, all of those were shot at truck stops along I-71.

We start with a T800 heavy hauler for Straitline Transportation of West Burlington, IA:

A trio of VNL780's for Revere Transportation of Perrysburg, OH:

A White-Freightliner COE mobile chapel that I'm sure everyone has seen before. Sits at the TA off I-71 and I-76.

Pete 579 for AY Trucking of Feasterville, PA:

Pride & Class 389 for C&W Global of Winter Garden, FL:

Coronado for National Distributors Leasing:

Pete 379 for an O/O out of Mill Hall, PA:

Pete 379 for A&R Logistics:

The Big Taste Grill owned by Johnsonville, I didn't like the angle on the grill though, it doesn't do it justice.

This might be the coolest shot of a Prostar I'll ever take. No idea who it works for, I was sitting on a bridge over I-71 on my way to a truck stop and I glanced out the window and saw it coming north up I-71. Wish I could get another shot of a fuselage being moved.

Kenworth Dart (H/T Wreckerman) for Lane Aviation which operates at Columbus Int'l.

And we'll close the Ohio trip out with this Isuzu NPR HD for Southwest:
« Last Edit: August 07, 2019, 12:12:06 PM by partsman88 »

charlie

• Regular Membership
  • Wish i were built like a Mack truck
Re: Vacation shots (updated 8-6-19)
« Reply #152 on: August 06, 2019, 06:40:03 PM »
I like the Johnsonville Grill unit.....makes me hungry for a brat. ;D The mobile chapel COE is cool too as is your Prostar shot. :)

Wreckerman

• Regular Membership
  • 🇺🇸
« Reply #153 on: August 06, 2019, 11:03:48 PM »
Really love the Mobile Chapel, very cool looking rig.
The C&W 389 is really sharp, and the Big Taste rig is cool, or should I say hot? ;D
The airport refueler is cool, I'm pretty sure what you've caught there is a Kenworth Dart.
Nice stuff all around. 8)

Move Over & Slow Down for Stopped Emergency Vehicles.
This Includes Tow Trucks and Their Operators.

JJG

« Reply #154 on: August 06, 2019, 11:48:38 PM »
A nice finish here, taking shots right up to the point of leaving Ohio below!! I have to agree, the Mobile Chapel is awesome, cool classic!

How long a flight would that have been, not even 2 hrs ??

Jim.

partsman88

• Regular Membership
    • My page (Flickr)
« Reply #155 on: August 07, 2019, 12:11:20 PM »
Glad you guys liked the Mobile Chapel. Jim a flight from DC-Columbus was about an hour, so it's about as easy as a flight gets for me. I might go back someday because Ohio has some interesting rigs out there. And Columbus is cheap if you catch Southwest at the right time.

Wreckerman a thousand thanks for identifying that tanker. I googled to the best of my ability and came up short.

I think we should all meet where that Johnsonville truck goes and have a nice day with some brats cooked on the world's largest grill.

partsman88

• Regular Membership
    • My page (Flickr)
« Reply #156 on: August 15, 2019, 05:00:07 PM »
Gonna do something a little different this set. Combining the railfan in me with the truck fan has always been something I've wanted to do, and I was able to do it on this trip I took in April to Columbia to get some shots of the Norfolk Southern Office Car Special. Every year they run the OCS from Altoona to the Masters in Augusta with a load of execs and hi-rollers aboard, and this year I went down there to shoot it as it headed back home to Altoona. I chased the train from just south of Columbia all the way up to Chester, SC which is just south of Charlotte. One of my last opportunities was made extra special when I had an unexpected visitor come rolling into the shot.

I'm gonna start with an opportunity I wanted that ended up not being ideal due to the sun in my face, but as someone once said "shooters shoot." I was hoping I could time it right and catch a truck rolling underneath as the train crossed overhead but it didn't happen.

Here's a shot of the OCS running wide open in the countryside south of Chester, SC:

And the opportunity I'll probably never have again. This Mack Superliner came roaring up the road, pacing the EMD F9's leading the OCS. The Superliner was owned by BAM Hauling of Newberry, SC.

I'll have a few more shots from this trip of rigs I shot along the way, but it was mostly railfanning on this trip.

Paul Kane

• Regular Membership
Re: Vacation shots (updated 8-15-19)
« Reply #157 on: August 15, 2019, 07:05:00 PM »
Wow, incredible!  You should have played the lottery that day. ;)

Would have been really cool if a vintage bi-plane wandered into the shot.

charlie

• Regular Membership
« Reply #158 on: August 15, 2019, 08:26:04 PM »
Boy that's a money shot if there ever was one. :) 8)

JJG

« Reply #159 on: August 15, 2019, 10:10:30 PM »
That's pretty cool for sure!! I have caught a train and truck, plane and truck, boat and truck and would celebrate if the day came for a triple of the grand slam!! One day??

Jim

Wreckerman

• Regular Membership
  • 🇺🇸
« Reply #160 on: August 16, 2019, 01:01:55 PM »
Oh man, love the covered wagons, such a beautiful outfit! 8)
The Superliner is cool, too.
Fantastic catches!
Move Over & Slow Down for Stopped Emergency Vehicles.
This Includes Tow Trucks and Their Operators.

partsman88

• Regular Membership
    • My page (Flickr)
« Reply #161 on: August 16, 2019, 02:07:53 PM »
Thanks guys. Jim, you're crazy if you think a triple is even possible. The logistics are impossible. Still a man can dream though.

charlie

• Regular Membership
« Reply #162 on: August 16, 2019, 02:29:18 PM »
Thanks guys. Jim, you're crazy if you think a triple is even possible. The logistics are impossible. Still a man can dream though.

If I could have 1 minute free of traffic & no Port Authority cops to hassle me I could probably pull off a triple and maybe a quadruple up in Port Newark. Trucks, ships & trains in the port & a plane in the landing pattern or on the runway at Newark. :)

partsman88

• Regular Membership
    • My page (Flickr)
« Reply #163 on: August 16, 2019, 05:57:49 PM »
If I could have 500 grand I'd be set haha. Still, don't let me discourage you. The dream is pulling a triple or a grand slam someday.

Rob Archer

• Administrator
  • Forum Administrator
    • Slickpic
« Reply #164 on: August 17, 2019, 04:52:01 AM »
Now; that's just plain cool!
I wasn't aware that NS did a corporate train for The Masters.
I wasn't a fan of Tiger when he first broke on Tour but his win at the 2019 Masters was certainly one of those for the ages; right there with Jack's in 86.

Then; I went to Railpic.ca and found CP was running a golf special
http://www.railpictures.ca/?attachment_id=38561
They are the corporate sponser for the Canadian Womens Open.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2019, 05:07:05 AM by Rob Archer »

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #164 on: August 17, 2019, 04:52:01 AM »

Truck Driving Jobs

Truck Driving Jobs