If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: G&G Trucking Inc. (Updated 11-10-18)  (Read 18017 times)

Iowa80

• Regular Membership
Re: G&G Trucking Inc. (Updated 5-9-16)
« Reply #30 on: May 11, 2016, 03:26:31 PM »
Earlier, I was too busy admiring #009's beautiful chrome and paint job that I didn't take much notice of the wheels, but now that I've had another look at them I have a question.  I cannot find those style wheels on my game, so I'm wondering where you were able to get them - is it a mod or part of that wheel tuning DLC?  Whatever the case, they seem to be a lot shinier that the standard wheels in the game and look great. 8)

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #30 on: May 11, 2016, 03:26:31 PM »

Truck Driving Jobs

Jon_G

« Reply #31 on: May 11, 2016, 03:36:18 PM »

Thanks! When SCS updated the game to include the wheel customization options (changing hub colors, etc.), the wheels all became not shiny, just standard. However, shortly after, they released a DLC (believe it's like 2 or 3 bucks) containing the shiny wheels, like those on the T680 sleeper I have. There are also a lot of other paintable wheel options, very extensive DLC for not much $. However, the Peterbilt oval alcoa wheels on #009 came with the 389 mod, they are formatted to fit all the other in-game trucks as well. If you are interested in the DLC, you should be able to go to the website and download it there. I have my game through steam, so I bought it from the DLC section of my ATS page on there.

Jon

Jon_G

« Reply #32 on: May 13, 2016, 08:03:24 PM »
Alright, just to keep things organized, here is where my fleet stands as of current. I have now changed over to the numbering system I have for my European fleet (I know I know, I keep changing the numbering system lol). I have organized this by the year of the truck, followed by its number in the fleet. For example, a 2016 truck will have the number, 16XX and so on. I also have named each one after a historical passenger train, because it IMO adds a little flair to each truck, plus I like history, so, there you have it (this is what happens when I have a day off work and get bored) ;D

I now have terminals in three locations: my headquarters is in Reno, NV. I also have a large garage in Sacramento, CA, and a brand new location in Elko. Arizona is the next state the developers are working on, along with the Volvo license, so hopefully that will be included soon.
On to the trucks (please excuse the lack of shadows in the early photos, I inadvertently had the graphics on low, but that was fixed more recently).

16-01, The Acadian, is a 2016 Peterbilt 389. It has a 600 CAT and the big ultracab sleeper. It is our show truck of sorts, with a lot of lights, a custom bumper, stretched painted frame, and a custom dark green paint scheme.

16-02, The Night Express, is a 2016 389 Pride and Class edition with the flattop sleeper. It has the 600 CAT engine, and has a few lights on the side and rear of the cab. The Pride and Class comes with a unique grille, fuel tanks, and hood logos inspired by classic Peterbilt logos.

16-03, Pacific Surf, is another '16 Peterbilt 389, this one with a magenta purple metallic color.

16-04, The Arizona Limited, is a 2016 Peterbilt 389 daycab, powered by a 550 CAT. I wanted to go retro on this one, so I gave it 359 headlights with the fender mounted turn signals, and went for a metallic purple color, included the frame to match.

16-05, The Shenandoah, is a 2016 Kenworth T-680 with the full 76'' sleeper cab. It has a 550hp Cummins ISX-15, and features a multi-color paint scheme. I added a chrome brush guard, along with chrome mirrors to give it some nice detail.

16-06, Royal Red, is a 2016 Peterbilt 389 with the ultracab sleeper. It has a 600hp (tuned) Cummins ISX-15, and features a red Peterbilt paint scheme.

16-07, The Atlantic Express, is another Peterbilt 389, which is a bit more customized, another working show truck. It has a retro paint scheme and matching hubs.

16-08, Black Diamond, is a 2016 389 with the ultracab sleeper and a Clint Moore-style retro paint scheme. It has a 600hp Cummins ISX-15 under the hood, and is one of the trucks I drive most frequently.

16-09, El Capitan, is a 2016 Peterbilt 579. It has the 550hp Cummins ISX-15, along with a two-tone paint scheme, and Peterbilt-oval wheels.

16-10, The Texas Special, is a 2016 Peterbilt 389. It has a 600hp Cummins, and features another retro paint scheme (from Rollin Transport's 359). It was part of an order of two 389's I purchased after opening the new garage in Elko earlier this week.

Updated #16-11, Berkshire, a small bunk Peterbilt 389

Sorry I know some of that is redundant, but it keeps things a bit more organized IMO.
Also, thought this photo turned out kind of cool:

Jon

NOTE: I have, as of 5/19/16, updated a few of the photos here. A new version of the 389 mod came out, and one of the modders of the paint schemes removed his selection. However, a new modder has made some really great paint schemes for the new version. The old ones would have still been compatible had the owner decided to keep them available, but I can no longer find them.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2016, 10:29:39 PM by Jon_G »

Iowa80

• Regular Membership
« Reply #33 on: May 14, 2016, 06:30:34 PM »
The 389 mod you're using seems to come with some cool paint scheme designs; I especially like the way you did #16-10.  I hope the official 389 for the game comes with some cool paint combos, once SCS gets all the licensing and whatnot in order.

Jon_G

« Reply #34 on: May 15, 2016, 08:00:11 PM »

Yes, there are some really good designs out there, most of which I find in Steam's mod manager. Supposedly Arizona is coming sooner than we think, and the 389 and Volvos were featured in the screenshots.

Jon

Jon_G

Re: G&G Trucking Inc. (Updated 5-19-16)
« Reply #35 on: May 18, 2016, 10:56:18 PM »
And, here is the latest addition to the fleet. #16-12, Overland Flyer, is a 2016 Kenworth T680. It has the 550hp Cummins ISX, and features a black and silver paint scheme, with some chrome extras such as the mirrors and brush guard on the front.

Jon
« Last Edit: May 30, 2016, 10:26:13 PM by Jon_G »

Iowa80

• Regular Membership
« Reply #36 on: May 19, 2016, 05:29:48 PM »
It seems like you changed a couple of the trucks in your previous post - did you trade the old ones in or just repaint them?  Whatever the case, I like the new designs.

Also, I really like #16-12 - that must be the VanKampen inspired truck you were talking about.  Anyway, I think it turned out well, and the stripe being more of a white/beige color instead of stark white IMO makes it even classier, and something I never would have thought of.

I'm starting to see a sort of theme to your fleet here - namely a lot of classy designs with lots of chrome - very Western, and I like it.  When I say your trucks are just as good as anything I could come up with, I'm not exaggerating (I'm not necessarily implying that my trucks are bad either).  In fact, I might just have to take some ideas from the design language of your fleet and implement them on my own, but not necessarily directly copying your trucks. 8)

Jon_G

« Reply #37 on: May 19, 2016, 06:10:42 PM »

Thanks very much! Yes, 16-12 was the Van Kampen style I was going for. As far as the changes, what actually happened was, the 389 mod went through an update recently, and for the better IMO. However, one of the modders whose paint schemes I used deleted them from steam and they no longer work as the download is no longer there. They would have been compatible, so not sure what happened. However, there are a lot of other paint schemes out there still so I just repainted the ones that lost their old paint schemes. I have a couple more downloaded, though I may start adding more aero trucks instead, better for fuel economy ;D
And sounds cool, I'd like to see more of your fleet, please take whatever ideas you wish, I think it's just cool there are others on here interested in this game! 8)

Jon

Jon_G

Re: G&G Trucking Inc. (Updated 5-27-16)
« Reply #38 on: May 29, 2016, 10:34:45 PM »
Some recent trip screenshots:
Getting some diesel early in the morning with one of the 389's.

My T680 #16-05 parked for a photo op out in the desert.

Thought this made for a nice scenery photo as well.

Filling the Kenworth up.

Driving the show truck in the early morning in Arizona

You think it has enough lights? ;)

Jon
« Last Edit: May 30, 2016, 10:11:07 PM by Jon_G »

Jon_G

Re: G&G Trucking Inc. (Updated 5-29-16)
« Reply #39 on: May 30, 2016, 10:25:50 PM »
I decided to go ahead and upgrade my Elko location to the larger garage, and as such had some more space for more trucks. So here are the latest additions to the fleet:

#'s 16-11 and 16-13 are nearly identically spec'd Peterbilt 389's with small sleeper cabs and 600hp Cummins engines. One of them was purchased new(13), while the other (11) was a trade-in of a 389 which had its paint scheme removed during the update. There were a couple of color schemes which applied only to the small sleeper so I went ahead and tried them out.
#16-11, Berkshire

#16-13, Midlander

#16-14, Lancastrian is a Kenworth T680 with a 550hp Cummins ISX-15. It has a chrome brush guard and mirrors, and uses super singles on the drive axles. I painted it with a coffee brown and light brown color scheme and painted the hubs to match as well.

#16-15, Northern Lights is a Peterbilt 579, also with the 550hp Cummins, and also with a two-tone maroon and silver paint scheme. I liked the way the small brush guard for the 579 looked, so I decided to equip this truck with it, along with a chrome front bumper.

Jon
« Last Edit: May 30, 2016, 10:36:02 PM by Jon_G »

Iowa80

• Regular Membership
Re: G&G Trucking Inc. (Updated 5-31-16)
« Reply #40 on: May 31, 2016, 07:17:47 PM »
Once again, impressive stuff!  I like them all, but I think my favorite is the brown T680.  Painting just the hubs to match the rest of the truck was actually something I had thought of not to long ago as well (albeit only after I saw a truck like that while out truckspotting), as a good way to add a little color to the wheels without painting the whole thing and making it look strange.  The 579 looks really nice as well, and I see you also added the new option for lights along the side. 8)

Other than that, I like how you're keeping a sort of theme with how your trucks are painted, whereas my fleet is pretty all over the place (I'm not saying mine look bad, and my reason for doing it that way is to be able to try out more of the paint scheme options).  I've noticed that your T680s and 579s all essentially have the same paint scheme, only using different colors in it - namely the stripe for the T680 and "Divided" for the 579s with the top and bottom one color and the middle a different color, and they are also all hi-rise sleepers.  Is this on purpose to keep that "fleet identity" or just coincidence?  One more thing - I'm not trying to pressure you to do so or anything, but am just wondering do you ever plan to try out the W900?  BTW sorry if I've been asking too many questions here in this thread.

Jon_G

« Reply #41 on: May 31, 2016, 08:56:10 PM »

Thank you! I am starting to get a spec together going forward for each truck. As for the paint schemes, I am glad you noticed that, yes it is on purpose. I particularly like those two paint schemes and they still allow me to play with different colors while keeping that theme you mentioned. For cab configurations, I do like the high-rise sleepers the best so I use them, I may get some day cabs in soon so that it appears I have a dedicated division. I am not a fan of the mid-roof sleeper on the 579 without the side stacks, but for some reason I really like it with the addition of the air shield. The T680 midroof is sharp, just not sure I am going to use it just yet.

In terms of the long hoods, I do spec the 389's a bit differently as they offer a lot of different cab configurations within the mod, such as my purple daycab vs. the standup sleepers, etc. However, I do plan on getting a couple of W900's in soon, not sure why I haven't yet to be honest. I have stopped using all mods except for the 389, I like your approach and it feels more rewarding to play the game mostly stock, all the trailer mods and what not were too much hassle and I just got fed up ;D I do plan on keeping the 389 mod installed as the creator just did a really good job with it and it sync's really well with the game. I will have to compare it to the in-game 389 if we ever get it! I also am really wanting to try out the Volvos as the screenshots look great! The Euro version of the game had the same issue with Mercedes-Benz and had to use a different name on the trucks until recently (I am a big Mercedes car enthusiast, but they are notoriously picky with their licensing for games and diecast models).
And by all means, ask any questions you want, please feel free! 8)

Jon

Jon_G

« Reply #42 on: June 01, 2016, 10:38:26 PM »

Been driving the latest 579 a bit, I like to drive all my trucks and switch them frequently. Took a couple of trips with the newest addition pulling a reefer trailer.

Jon

Iowa80

• Regular Membership
« Reply #43 on: June 02, 2016, 10:54:53 AM »
It looks really good and Western pulling that white reefer trailer, and IMO it's even better that they recently added the sideskirts to the long reefers. 8)

Jon_G

« Reply #44 on: June 02, 2016, 09:14:31 PM »

Thanks! The sideskirts add a more realistic detail on the current look of many fleets. I am glad they decided to put them on the longer trailers, they look a little awkward on the shorter ones. Still really hope we get some more trailer variety at some point. Would like to see spread-axle flatbeds, and definitely doubles if they can get the engine to support two pivot points.

Jon

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #44 on: June 02, 2016, 09:14:31 PM »

Truck Driving Jobs

Truck Driving Jobs