If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: G&G Trucking Inc. (Updated 11-10-18)  (Read 17956 times)

Iowa80

• Regular Membership
Re: G&G Trucking Inc. (Updated 4-25-16)
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2016, 06:13:29 PM »
I really like #008 - super classy! 8)  Oh, and BTW I've been wondering, what's up with the zeroes in front of your truck numbers?

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2016, 06:13:29 PM »

Jon_G

« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2016, 09:03:42 PM »

Thanks! I never really thought about it to be honest, just kinda went with it ;D

Jon

partsman88

• Regular Membership
    • My page (Flickr)
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2016, 06:02:25 PM »
Looking good Jon, I'm digging the paint schemes you're running with your trucks. Last night I spent a bit of time working with my own fleet to update it so it's compatible with the last game update. I found a Jazzycat mod with heavy haul loads and 53' cans and got so hyped about it I stayed up super late getting it to work, but it's still having issues (biggest one not showing pictures of the trailers on the screen where you pick your load) so it looks like I will have to wait a little while for a better version to come out. Once it works fine I probably won't download anymore trailer mods, but tbh I am a bit surprised considering Jazzycat's mods are usually quality.

Jon_G

« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2016, 08:32:17 PM »

Thanks! The modders are gradually catching up to the updated game, the FLB was recently changed so might bring that back. I still miss the Wabash and Fontaine trailer packs though, those were great. I too am surprised, as Jazzycat seems to do a good job normally. I did recently try out the Kenworth K200, but it did not sync with the game very well so I didn't keep it.

Jon

Iowa80

• Regular Membership
« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2016, 07:51:15 PM »

Well, G&G has expanded and opened a second location in Truckee, CA.

Jon
Wait a minute.  You have a garage in Truckee? ???  The reason I ask is because I've been wondering lately about what the largest possible fleet size to have in the game is, and to do that I looked on the map to find where all the garages would be located, and they only seem to be in the major cities, and Truckee did not have one - is this a mod perhaps?

I hope I'm not hijacking your thread here, but speaking of fleet size, I figured out that the largest number of trucks you can have in your fleet in the game is 45, with six garages in California and three in Nevada, with a maximum of 5 trucks per fully upgraded garage.  Doesn't that seem a little low to you?  I'm assuming there will be a couple more garages added in the Arizona update, bringing the total to maybe 55 or 60, but still, what if someone wanted to build a 100+ unit trucking empire (obviously, that would take a while)?

Jon_G

« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2016, 08:05:39 PM »

It took me awhile to find any garages besides my main one in Sacramento, but no it's no mod, I just happened upon it during a delivery there. In Euro Truck Simulator, which of course currently has a larger map, the most you can have it 220+ trucks, and I have 25 across 5 terminals there. The garages are hard to find, but I imagine as more areas are added, that number will go up.

Jon

Iowa80

• Regular Membership
« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2016, 08:51:16 PM »
Well, that's interesting.  When I looked on the World Map, I did not see an icon or anything for a garage in Truckee, plus the garages all seem to be in the large cities.  I know there's not much in Truckee, so I can't have missed it, so either that icon is not showing up or is the garage located somewhere outside of the main town? 

Jon_G

« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2016, 08:53:37 PM »

Honestly, I am not sure. I thought it said Truckee, but it could perhaps be outside of the city.

Jon

Iowa80

• Regular Membership
« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2016, 07:00:27 PM »
I hope I'm not making too big a deal about this, but I made a delivery in Truckee today, and made a point to drive around and see if I could find a garage.  The town in the game pretty much consists of one loop right off of one exit off I-80, and I could find any garages, and looking at the map there's no way it could be on any outskirts of town.  Are you sure you're not thinking of nearby Sacramento which has a garage?  You said you had a garage there, but in the beginning of this thread you said you were based out of Nevada, so one in Nevada and one in Sacramento would make two garages...

Jon_G

« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2016, 07:16:12 PM »

I checked in game last night and it is in Sacramento, my bad. As a business owner, I should probably know where my company hauls out of ;D ;D

Jon

Jon_G

Re: G&G Trucking Inc. (Updated 5-9-16)
« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2016, 03:49:01 PM »

Well, seems it is time to update. I have decided to test out a Peterbilt 579 sleeper. It is Unit #009, a 2016 579 spec'd similar to an Anniversary Edition, with the Peterbilt oval style alcoa wheels, chrome bumper and mirrors, and a two-tone paint scheme. Have been pleased with it thus far, though I seem to be getting slightly better fuel economy in the T680, which is not bad considering I usually cruise at 70-75. The truck is based out of the Sacramento yard.

Jon

Iowa80

• Regular Membership
« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2016, 06:59:01 PM »
I'm loving your two tone paint schemes, and this one is no exception - it looks gorgeous! 8)  Seriously, I think some of your paint schemes like this one are better than a lot of the slightly odd stuff I come up with myself, so I'm looking forward to seeing more. 8)

charlie

• Regular Membership
  • Wish i were built like a Mack truck
« Reply #27 on: May 09, 2016, 07:04:32 PM »
If you're hiring Jon I wouldn't mind getting behind the wheel of that 579..........no east coast trips though. ;D

Jon_G

« Reply #28 on: May 09, 2016, 07:35:56 PM »
I'm loving your two tone paint schemes, and this one is no exception - it looks gorgeous! 8)  Seriously, I think some of your paint schemes like this one are better than a lot of the slightly odd stuff I come up with myself, so I'm looking forward to seeing more. 8)
Thank you, but give yourself credit, you have some really cool looking color schemes as well 8) 8)

Jon

Jon_G

« Reply #29 on: May 09, 2016, 07:40:12 PM »
If you're hiring Jon I wouldn't mind getting behind the wheel of that 579..........no east coast trips though. ;D
You're hired, just make sure you keep the hammer down! ;D ;)

Jon

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #29 on: May 09, 2016, 07:40:12 PM »

Truck Driving Jobs