If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: G&G Trucking Inc. (Updated 11-10-18)  (Read 15835 times)

Jon_G

G&G Trucking Inc. (Updated 11-10-18)
« on: March 04, 2016, 12:27:37 AM »
Thought it might be a fun idea, especially as there are a handful of us with truck games, to create pages showcasing our fleets. I had started an American Truck Simulator thread already, but it might make sense to keep that one open for all things related to the game as a general thread.
My fleet is currently based in Nevada (only two states in game thus far), and is growing. We haul pretty much anything, and have a mix of daycabs and sleeper cabs.

Truck #001 is a 2016 Peterbilt 579 daycab, powered by a 485hp PACCAR MX-13. It features a number of little chrome extras as well as a two-tone paint scheme.

#002 is a 2016 Kenworth T680, also with an MX-13. I went for a metallic purple for this one, and added a small chrome brush guard as well.

#003 is a 1995 Freightliner FLB sleeper cab, with a 500hp CAT. It is our only cabover currently, but the turning radius is a big plus!

#004 was purchased earlier today. Thanks to mooby346 for the info on the mod of this truck. It is a 2016 Peterbilt 389 Pride & Class edition with the flattop sleeper cab. It has a 600hp CAT under the hood, and a few custom details. I added a decent amount of lights to the front, side, and rear of the cab, as well as chrome half rear fenders, a whale tail on the roof, and custom metallic paint. There are also additional lights on the air cleaners and cab mirrors.

Jon
« Last Edit: November 10, 2018, 08:00:49 PM by Jon_G »

Hank's Truck Forum

G&G Trucking Inc. (Updated 11-10-18)
« on: March 04, 2016, 12:27:37 AM »

Jon_G

Re: G&G Trucking Inc.
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2016, 12:30:22 AM »

Here's a couple more photos of the Pride and Class on some recent jobs

And here is Truck #005, a 2016 Peterbilt 389 with the Unibilt Ultracab sleeper. It has a 600hp CAT engine, along with a stretched chassis, custom front bumper, lowered suspension, and a few other miscellaneous custom details. It is still very much a work in progress.

Jon

Zeprome

• Regular Membership
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2016, 07:03:45 PM »
Oh oh oh, please hire me!  8)

Do you play on truckersMP?

Also looking great!

Jon_G

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2016, 01:46:42 PM »

We're always looking! What is truckersMP by the way?

Jon

Zeprome

• Regular Membership
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2016, 06:15:43 PM »
It's a mod that allows players to play with others online! Sadly, they don't allow other mods and only follow the current updates for the game. It only allows you to play with others and it's a joy to convoy with others. :)

Jon_G

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2016, 07:32:02 PM »

Sounds cool, I'll have to check it out!

Jon

Jon_G

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2016, 09:10:47 PM »

Been a little while since I have had time to update this thread! SCS Software recently released an update to the game. The pros include new wheel customization options and a few other little details. The cons were that most of the mods were rendered obsolete due to the new wheels. However, the mod makers are gradually catching up, and the developer of the Peterbilt 389 mod I have been using released an updated version thankfully. Sadly, for the time being, the FLB, Wabash Duraplate, and Fontaine flatbed mods were removed to prevent the game from crashing.
I have also been updating the fleet a bit. As the 389 is a mod, it is cheaper to purchase than the in game trucks. As such, I have sold off the Peterbilt 579 daycab and purple Kenworth T680 daycab in favor of some new equipment.

As such, my custom Peterbilt with the Ultracab sleeper has become my new #001. I have since converted the majority of the cab and bumper lights over to white LED's. I'm still not sure how I like it just yet. I think it would look better if I switched the lights on the air cleaner over to LED as well so it is all the same.

Also recently did a dry van haul with the Pride and Class flattop, which is now #002 (again, I make up these numbers purely for reference)

My new #003 is a 2016 Peterbilt 389 Pride & Class Edition with the Unibilit Ultracab sleeper. I have kept custom touches to a minimum on this one, and don't really plan to add anything to it, I like the stock look.

Jon

Jon_G

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2016, 08:16:18 PM »

Unit #004 since I redid the fleet is a 2016 Peterbilt 389 daycab with a 550 CAT under the hood. I went for a couple of retro touches with this one, such as the 359 quad headlights with fender-mounted indicators. I also matched the frame in the same color purple as the cab.
Here it is at Peterbilt

And here, picking up a load at a local build site

And finally, here it is picking up a skirted reefer trailer at one of the local Walbert distribution centers

I also decided to try out a Kenworth T680 sleeper. I was very happy with the 680 daycab I had, but when I decided to expand the fleet and bought another yard, I had sold it off for extra money and the modded 389 is a lot cheaper so I bought a couple of those to keep earning revenue. Still, I really like the T680 and 579 and want to add them to the fleet alongside the 389's as funds permit. This truck is running the 500hp version of the Cummins ISX15. I went for a multi-color paint scheme, and added the brush guard as I like the way it looks on the T680. The newest update also included super singles, so I am trying those out on this truck.
Here it is when I picked it up from Kenworth

And here it is on its first trip

Jon

Iowa80

• Regular Membership
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2016, 06:33:50 PM »
Those multi-tone color schemes is one of my favorite things about ATS, and I think you did a really good job with #005. 8) 8)  Just out of curiosity, how do come up with such color combos - are they based on real trucks or do you just start playing around with the color options and find something you like?  For me, some are inspired by real trucks and others I just make up.  Whatever the case, I'm looking forward to seeing what else you can come up with. 8)

A couple other questions - one, how much do the modded trucks cost versus the ones that originally come with the game (this would not change my mind to download mods; I'm simply curious)?  Also, about your old #001 - would you mind if I make one just like it for one of the future trucks in my fleet?  If you say no, that's fine, but I do really like that one and just want to make sure you would be okay with that.

Jon_G

« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2016, 08:39:29 PM »

Thanks very much! In terms of color schemes, it's a little of both. The next one, I want to do an MC Van Kampen style black and white, but some I just make up after playing with the color combinations for awhile. To me, that is one of the coolest parts of the game, the color schemes and customization you can do.
In terms of the mods, I believe the base 389 was like $70,000 or so compared to the $110,000 or so for the T680 daycab. I liked the 389 mod, mooby was actually the one who told me about it. I had already had it, and it had made financial sense as I was buying a second garage and ironically the Peterbilt was cheaper ;D
And absolutely, please do use the paint scheme, would like to see it. As I've mentioned on the forum before (without going into a ton of detail) I studied design for awhile and I know people who made huge deals about the copyrights of everything, and I always hated that mindset. If someone likes an idea of mine, I take it as a compliment, so please feel free to use the paint scheme! :) 8)

Jon

Jon_G

« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2016, 08:38:18 PM »

Took #005 on a few more trips. Here it is loading up

And here it is out on the highway. I don't speed govern my trucks, so we are a bit of a Monfort lane fleet ;D

Jon

Iowa80

• Regular Membership
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2016, 02:32:08 PM »
Once again, #005 is looking good, especially when pulling the reefer trailers! 8)

Thanks very much! In terms of color schemes, it's a little of both. The next one, I want to do an MC Van Kampen style black and white, but some I just make up after playing with the color combinations for awhile. To me, that is one of the coolest parts of the game, the color schemes and customization you can do.

I definitely agree on that the customization, and especially the color schemes, is one of the best parts of this game and in fact is what sold me on buying it, and I have not been disappointed.  A VanKampen style truck sounds cool, and I have actually entertained that idea before you had mentioned it, although at this point have no current plans to put one in my fleet.  One of the downsides to having so many options is that, at least in my experience, you can have all sorts of cool ideas but only a few can actually be put on the road at a time.  As for your old #001, thank you, and I will purchase something very similar for my own fleet (it will not be one of my very next ones as I already have plans for those - right now I'm thinking your blue-and-beige one will end up being my #8).

Jon_G

« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2016, 04:02:17 PM »

Thanks! Look forward to seeing more of your fleet 8)

Jon

Jon_G

Re: G&G Trucking Inc. (Updated 4-25-16)
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2016, 10:55:36 PM »

Well, G&G has expanded and opened a second location in Truckee, CA. The additional profit from the added trucks has really helped me to expand the fleet. I have purchased three new trucks to be based out of this location.

Unit #006 is a 2016 Peterbilt 389 with the studio bunk and air shield on the roof. It has a 600hp Cummins ISX15 for power, and is otherwise factory stock, complete with the Peterbilt oval wheels.

Truck #007 is essentially identical in spec to #006, except this one has the standard alcoa rims and is painted a deep metallic green. I had installed super singles but did not like the way they looked with this truck so i switched it back to duals

And #008 is a 2016 Peterbilt 389 with the studio bunk but without the larger air shield on the roof. It has a retro black and white paint scheme, sort of MC Van Kampen style as I was talking about earlier. I hope to do an aero truck in a similar scheme to match this one as well. Like the other two in the order, this truck has the 600 horse Cummins.

Jon

Jon_G

« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2016, 09:15:37 AM »

I also realized why the game had no shadows.......I had them turned off ::) ;D Looks a lot more realistic already.

Jon

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2016, 09:15:37 AM »

Truck Driving Jobs

Truck Driving Jobs