If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: We Have a Winner!  (Read 9916 times)

The Yellow Line

Re: We Have a Winner!
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2016, 06:19:37 AM »
Chris (The Yellow Line) I know there was only 9 entries this month ( 8 really, mine doesn't count since I don't take part in the voting) and 22 votes.
When we were running themes they were as many complaints about the monthly topic as there were entries.
If John wants to suggest a topic; by all means go ahead and suggest.
We went quickly with Open Board for March since the person who usually runs the POTM is wandering the USA instead of his native Norway!
We are always open to suggestions and ideas.

Rob

Thanks Rob........It just make a better competition when you have a "target" to shoot.  ;)
Always follow The Yellow Line

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2016, 06:19:37 AM »

charlie

• Regular Membership
  • Wish i were built like a Mack truck
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2016, 07:22:31 AM »
I like having a "theme" for the month.......I'd also like to see photos be from the current or previous month & not 5,10 or 40 years ago.

Rick Sousa

« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2016, 08:48:50 AM »
Congrats John nice action shot.... It is sad to see that not  many members participate in this. It don't really matter to me if is a  theme or current picture or old picture.  It would  be nice too see more members  get out there and shoot a picture. We were all drawn to this forum due to Hank's love to photograph and share pictures but yet this thread seems to be just  a small percentage of members who participate. In today's world of digital camera's and everyone having a phone that can take a picture it is really simple compared to the days of old of buying film and developing it. I guess the more you make  things simple the more complicated it gets...JMO

US MAIL GUY

« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2016, 12:43:34 PM »
Rick,
   I agree  with you on the age of the photo. What difference it does it make when the photo was taken as long
theme. I do like the theme idea. Like you said modern photos are easier to take with all the options available, so we need to see more members participate.
                                                                                                                                                          Gary

The Yellow Line

« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2016, 12:53:57 PM »
I like having a "theme" for the month.......I'd also like to see photos be from the current or previous month & not 5,10 or 40 years ago.

Charlie,
       Putting restrictions on when it was shot has nothing to do with the theme. There are many members here who have been taking photos for years. If the person entering the contest has only started taking photos last month or 10 years ago, so be it.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2016, 12:56:52 PM by The Yellow Line »
Always follow The Yellow Line

dockmen027

• "Base to 101"
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2016, 01:01:36 PM »

I guess I couldn't enter one of my Carolina Freight photos under those rules.......
John K                      260 Brockway

charlie

• Regular Membership
  • Wish i were built like a Mack truck
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2016, 02:38:52 PM »

Putting restrictions on when it was shot has nothing to do with the theme.
I guess I liken the POTM contest to the POTD shot..........it means you actually have to get out and take a picture no matter what the theme is but whatever the majority wishes is ok with me.

IowaSuperTrucker

• Regular Membership
    • http://truckinboy.slickpic.com/gallery/
« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2016, 07:59:16 AM »
I didnt want to post right in the March thread, but is March 2016 doubles/combinations or not? 

Rob Archer

• Administrator
  • Forum Administrator
    • www.hankstruckpictures.com
« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2016, 05:36:32 AM »
April....My assistant is travelling so we went with the simple category of "open" for March.
I didnt want to post right in the March thread, but is March 2016 doubles/combinations or not?

IowaSuperTrucker

• Regular Membership
    • http://truckinboy.slickpic.com/gallery/
« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2016, 08:16:00 AM »
10-4, thanks sir!

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2016, 08:16:00 AM »