If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: Tooele, UT  (Read 1916 times)

ajtruck

• Regular Membership
Tooele, UT
« on: February 05, 2016, 07:51:48 PM »
After 30+ years over the road I sold my equipment a few years ago.  Right now one of the things I'm doing is a show at a local radio station.  One of the features of The Radio Truck Stop is a report of weather conditions at some of truck stops across the country.  I can't remember the names of many of the places I've stopped over the years and am hoping someone here might be able to refresh my memory.   Right now I'd like to find the name of the truck stop on I-80 at Tooele, UT.  Might have been a Sinclair and there may have been two stops at that exit.  Can anyone fill me in?  Thanks, Alan Reynolds

Hank's Truck Forum

Tooele, UT
« on: February 05, 2016, 07:51:48 PM »

IowaSuperTrucker

• Regular Membership
    • http://truckinboy.slickpic.com/gallery/
Re: Tooele, UT
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2016, 02:24:18 PM »
Only truckstops I've known out in Toole have been the TravelCenters of America and the Flying J, both still there.

tery

• Regular Membership
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2016, 03:40:18 PM »
Welcome to the forum ajtruck .
I'd enjoy hearing your radio show . Is there a link to or radio station call letters that we could listen to live streaming ?
___ I just drove from truck stop to truck stop to let the waitresses flirt with me ___

Paul Kane

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2016, 08:40:09 PM »
I was curious and a search turned up one name (besides the chains), the Delle Truck Stop
http://www.co.tooele.ut.us/meetingarchives/tcplanning/2005/120705_minutes.pdf

Also, check out Charlie's thread and the link I posted within it:
http://hankstruckforum.com/htforum/index.php?topic=75066.0
« Last Edit: February 10, 2016, 08:41:51 PM by Paul Kane »

ajtruck

• Regular Membership
!
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2016, 06:11:23 PM »
Thanks, guys!
IST:  The TA and Flying J have undoubtedly taken over the stops that I remember at that exit, probably with no traces remaining.
Tery:  I actually do two shows.  Pure Country airs from 4-6 eastern time on Saturday afternoons.  The Radio Truck Stop airs on Sunday nights from 10pm til midnight eastern.   The station does stream at wioxradio.org.  I occasionally fill in for other shows and I try to keep updates posted on the Facebook page: purecountry913.   You might also be interested in the website purecountry913.wordpress.com
Paul: That is certainly an interesting set of minutes, but the names just don't ring a bell.  The photos at Hank's don't seem to be what I remember either.   I've got Guy Kudlemyer's book...haven't seen any mention there, but I'll try to contact him and ask.  He's undoubtedly got an incredible amount of information that he just didn't have room to publish.  He's an active member of ATHS.

missingmile

• Regular Membership
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2016, 12:31:32 AM »
There was a Union 76 at Tooele, UT. I expect that has now become the T/A...

ajtruck

• Regular Membership
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2016, 06:15:00 PM »
For some reason I keep thinking that the signs at the place I'm thinking of were green.  I'll let the 76 suggestion settle into my weary brain.....    Thanks!

DougA

• Regular Membership
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2018, 10:21:00 AM »
It was a Union 76 before TA. Stopped there many times in the 70's.

ajtruck

• Regular Membership
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2018, 01:32:04 PM »
A good friend, who was trucking at the same time I was, thinks that there was a Sinclair at the same exit.  Could that be what I'm remembering?

hwyhaulier

« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2018, 02:44:10 AM »
It was a Union 76 before TA. Stopped there many times in the 70's.

Doug -

This more recall of long ago memories of this writer's on the job work at "Corn Flakes"
Menlo Park, CA. Note you display an avatar reliant on ARROWHEAD placard. There was
so much that could have been done had this "Special Commodities Division" had some
serious money put into it.

Meanwhile: A now long ago Truck Stop at Tooele, and in green paint? Seems to me
SINCLAIR stops usually were in green colors, and a mascot dinosaur...

Vern   

ajtruck

• Regular Membership
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2018, 06:19:43 PM »
That would confirm my suspicions.  Thanks!

DougA

• Regular Membership
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2018, 10:57:37 AM »
Don't remember the Sinclair,but I remember the 76. They still had the community showers then,and my friend traveling with me had his wallet stolen there. Dealt with the 76 management,nothing they could do,understandibly.
I was leased with CF Arrowhead to the end,and yes there was a lot more that could have been done. When they pulled the plug on Arrowhead,a group of the top agents,flew to Menlo Park begging for them to keep going,or at least let them use the CF name,no dice. The agents knew how many doors that CF name opened. Still was a great moneymaking deal back then,had some fantastic agents. 42 years with my own truck and trailer,it was the best money I ever made,hauling steel and machinery ltl cross country.

Also remember Burninghams Truck Stop,in Salt Lake. Big Amoco IIRC.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2018, 11:00:17 AM by DougA »

tery

• Regular Membership
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2018, 03:52:54 PM »
Yellow Freight also had a Special Commodities division . In the late 70's I regularly trip leased to them in Baltimore hauling steel back south .
___ I just drove from truck stop to truck stop to let the waitresses flirt with me ___

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2018, 03:52:54 PM »

Truck Driving Jobs