If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: American Truck Simulator  (Read 13026 times)

Iowa80

• Regular Membership
Re: American Truck Simulator
« Reply #90 on: November 18, 2016, 06:09:07 PM »
I too was pleasantly surprised that this came out as soon as it did.  I've heard SCS has expanded their staff working on the games so perhaps that's why, and also this shows that they're not always slow with their stuff. 8)  I was guessing it would come out a couple months from now.  I'm not sure about the thing with empty DLC's on Steam, but it was hinted in a recent blog post that they're planning on adding a bunch of stuff to the game, which is definitely something I'm looking forward to. 8)

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #90 on: November 18, 2016, 06:09:07 PM »

Jon_G

« Reply #91 on: April 21, 2017, 08:33:35 PM »

Looks like both ETS2 and ATS are getting heavy haul updates. It appears, per their blog entry, and comments from one of the devs on reddit, that they got multiple pivot points to work on these 8)
http://blog.scssoft.com/search/label/American%20Truck%20Simulator

Jon

Iowa80

• Regular Membership
« Reply #92 on: April 22, 2017, 07:08:41 PM »
Looks great; I'm looking forward to that and seeing what it's like to maneuver one.  Also heard New Mexico is coming which will be nice. 8)

Jon_G

« Reply #93 on: April 22, 2017, 08:59:22 PM »

Yeah it looks like we are getting close to receiving New Mexico as well.

Jon

Jon_G

« Reply #94 on: May 06, 2017, 06:53:55 AM »
In other big news, SCS has gotten multiple pivot points to work, and they posted that we will get double trailers in both ETS2 and ATS in early summer.

Jon

partsman88

• Regular Membership
    • My page (Flickr)
« Reply #95 on: May 06, 2017, 09:25:52 AM »
If I can get my computer to play ATS without lagging again I am excited for these updates, the doubles and the heavy hauls look awesome and a new state is always welcome.

J4500

« Reply #96 on: May 06, 2017, 09:31:56 AM »
And hopefully the Volvo will be released soon. Supposedly its just sitting on the Steam servers ready to go, but no license yet.

Iowa80

• Regular Membership
« Reply #97 on: May 06, 2017, 06:49:14 PM »
As I regularly check SCS's blog for updates I knew about this too, but it's still good to post about major stuff like this here for discussion.  It sounds like this was something many fans had wanted, so it's good to see it come to reality.  That's one less thing the trolls in the comments section have to complain about; gives them less to base their claim that SCS doesn't do anything more than themed paint job packs. ::)

As for myself I'm glad to see it but at the same time it's not something I'm too excited about; if anything I'm looking forward more to the heavy haul.  Most of the trucks I run in the game aren't the style that look right pulling doubles anyway.  Those are just personal preferences though; obviously there were enough people that really wanted to see doubles that it finally became reality and I'm happy for those people.  I personally would rather be able to own and perhaps customize trailers, then I could have matching reefers for my trucks.  Who knows, maybe that will happen too someday, as some other players seem to be asking for the same thing, and SCS does take their fans into consideration as shown by the heavy haul and doubles.

Jon_G

« Reply #98 on: May 06, 2017, 10:27:26 PM »
I can't even read the blog comments anymore, it's really amazing to me how easy people seem to think making a game like this is. If they are such experts, they should just make their own ::) ;D Really glad to have both features coming. One of the devs sometimes comments on the truck sim reddit, and I do remember him saying they are looking at trailer ownership very seriously, but have not been able to sync it with the current game yet, so it's probably in the works at some point.

Jon

J4500

« Reply #99 on: May 12, 2017, 03:27:28 PM »
Yeah, the blog comments can get out of control. I'm pretty sure that its those kinds of comments also that make mod creators to keep their work private, too many people complaining about something that's free. 

Jon_G

« Reply #100 on: May 13, 2017, 09:17:46 AM »

Yeah it's unfortunate, I would love to see the commenters try and manipulate code and produce anything near half as good as what SCS does. They are experts and know what they are doing. Good things take time.

Jon

partsman88

• Regular Membership
    • My page (Flickr)
« Reply #101 on: May 13, 2017, 11:34:42 AM »
Seriously, I don't think they realize how small SCS' budget and staff is. Even with the new money coming in, it doesn't compare to the major studios of the world. And I'd rather wait for a finished product than have them release an unfinished project, the only thing worse than waiting is playing a broken game and that will cause people to leave.

Iowa80

• Regular Membership
« Reply #102 on: May 14, 2017, 11:03:37 AM »
Yeah, the blog comments can be discouraging sometimes; they give the impression that the game must be no good and that SCS is doing poorly.  These people don't have any good reason to be so nasty and judgmental until they've been in the shoes of the people who create the game.  That's just the way the Internet is, and I understand the temptation to speak your mind and unleash your frustrations under the cover of anonymity, but that doesn't justify it and like I said, can be discouraging to see so much negativity about a game I really enjoy.

Now, constructive criticism is good; there will always be room for improvement and things we would like to see added to the game, but I think some of these comments blow it way out of proportion.  Then you've got the idiots that go after people that leave positive comments, saying they're defending SCS as if 1) they work for or are being paid by SCS to spread positive propaganda, or 2) somehow enjoying the game and being positive about it is a bad thing?? ???  Sometimes I feel like setting them straight myself, but I never engage these people in the comments because I have better things to do with my time.

Oh well, the trolls aren't stopping SCS from releasing more content so that's all that matters, otherwise I'll just keep enjoying the game regardless of what the others think.

Ray F

« Reply #103 on: April 16, 2018, 01:47:19 AM »
Do any of you Guys still play this Game anymore? I just recently (as of This Past Weekend) got it installed on my Laptop. I was wondering how do you get The Actual Trucks because when I go into the Steam Workshop for the mods, all I am seeing is Skins for said Trucks and not the actual models themselves ??? BTW also is there only Peterbilt & KW Dealerships in this Entire Game and that's It?  :-\

Any Help would be Greatly Appreciated  8)

Jon_G

« Reply #104 on: April 16, 2018, 10:49:20 AM »
Been meaning to update this for awhile as yes I still play ATS when I have time, I just do not have the free time I used to. If you are referring to the in-game trucks, there are 4 currently: Kenworth W900L and T680 and Peterbilt 389 and 579. SCS is working on getting licensing from other brands still. They want everything licensed as they almost were sued when they used fake branding on unlicensced trucks in Euro Truck Simulator 2.
As for the modded trucks, I know in the steam workshop there are two Volvos, a Freightliner FLB and FLD120, International 9800, and modded Peterbilt 389. You just have to search them.
Let me know if you have other questions!

Jon

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #104 on: April 16, 2018, 10:49:20 AM »

Truck Driving Jobs