If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: American Truck Simulator  (Read 17712 times)

Jon_G

Re: American Truck Simulator
« Reply #30 on: February 18, 2016, 10:42:34 AM »

Thanks, I don't think I personally am able to move it but I can PM one of the admins, or if the read this, and can put it in a more applicable place and I (and anyone else) can add updates to it.

Jon

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #30 on: February 18, 2016, 10:42:34 AM »

Jon_G

« Reply #31 on: February 24, 2016, 05:01:26 PM »

Hello all, I PM'd Rob about getting this thread moved out of the main news section, that way I can add updates, as well as others who have the game and want to contribute, without it taking precedent over more important trucking news topics.
I would however like to go ahead and add one quick update on a new truck I "bought". This one brings up another cool part of these games: mods. Mods are add-ons that others create and make available to download to add in to the game. SCS Software has allowed their games to be accept these mods quite easily. They include trucks, trailers, liveries, etc. So, here is my truck #003, a Freightliner FLB SFFA, complete with a very nice sounding 550 CAT in it. A neat feature is the tight turning radius is very noticeable compared to the conventional trucks.

Jon

Oso2

• Global Moderator
« Reply #32 on: February 24, 2016, 06:36:53 PM »
I don't mind it here.

But the lack of shadows underneath the trucks is driving me crazy!
Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!

Jon_G

« Reply #33 on: February 24, 2016, 09:23:45 PM »

It's odd because I think the European version has shadows underneath, probably something they could fix in a system update.

Jon

Ray F

« Reply #34 on: February 27, 2016, 02:22:56 AM »
I really wish we Had a Dedicated Section For Trucking Games Related Pictures   :-\ ;) I would Really love to show off some of My Pix From My Adventures from a Few Games I Enjoy (Like GTA, or the Few I Play on My Tablet. I dont get out Much to get Real Pics (Broken Camera  :'( so This is the Next Best thing for me.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2016, 02:24:41 AM by Ray F »

Jon_G

« Reply #35 on: February 27, 2016, 10:01:46 AM »

And now we have one, thanks Rob! 8)

Jon

Oso2

• Global Moderator
« Reply #36 on: February 27, 2016, 01:23:50 PM »
Is it me or does the Euro game have better graphics?
Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!

partsman88

• Regular Membership
    • My page (Flickr)
« Reply #37 on: February 27, 2016, 07:21:16 PM »
It might just be his computer, here's a few shots I've taken on my pc. The 389/379 is a mod in case anyone is curious.

Jon_G

« Reply #38 on: February 27, 2016, 09:56:43 PM »

Nice to see another member with the game, great screenshots as well. To answer the question, the photos I posted really don't do justice to the quality of graphics of the game. I may have had my screen brightness set lower or something, as the Euro Truck photos were taken on the same computer, just using the game's photo booth mode, so perhaps they turned out better.

Also, have you had any issues with the 389 mod? Been thinking about getting it but haven't yet. I know we are supposed to get it as an official DLC truck soon, but they have some cool custom paint schemes out for the mod truck.

Jon

partsman88

• Regular Membership
    • My page (Flickr)
« Reply #39 on: February 28, 2016, 09:19:40 AM »
IMO the 389 mod is the best mod in the game. The degree of customization is insane, pretty much everything on the truck can be customized. No issues with crashing either. I am also one of those guys that won't download mods if I see a comment saying it will crash the game or cause issues, because I already have a lot of mods in the game and I don't want to screw anything up. That's why the only two truck mods I've downloaded are the T800 and the 389, because the other ones I've seen all have comments saying it's not ready yet.

Jon_G

« Reply #40 on: February 28, 2016, 12:54:51 PM »

I did the same thing with the FLB, the one I have is the heavily patched version. I watched the earlier editions and a few had issues, but this one is pretty good so far. I also have the Wabash Duraplate trailer with all the realistic paint schemes. I may just have to get that 389 though, it looks great!

Jon

Iowa80

• Regular Membership
« Reply #41 on: February 28, 2016, 04:43:48 PM »
I actually bought the game after all too, and so far I've enjoyed it.  A problem I've had, however, is that the computer will often overheat and automatically shut down during the game.  It's a family computer, so until my dad gets around to vacuuming dust off of the fan to see if that works, I haven't played it much lately.

As for mods, I personally prefer to play the game the way it is, although others using mods is perfectly fine with me.  Part of my reason for that is because I've seen some mods (for other games, not this one) that are poor quality, and with the risk of them not working right either, I prefer not to mess around with it.  Also, a couple years ago when my younger brother tried to download a mod for Minecraft, but long story short it ended up installing some adware that was a real headache to get rid of, and since then my dad has been very leery of installing mods.

Hopefully I can be able to play the game soon without worrying about it crashing, and if so I plan on having my own fleet with slick looking trucks in it, although it could take me some time to work my way up that far in the game.

Jon_G

« Reply #42 on: February 28, 2016, 08:50:37 PM »

Glad to hear you bought it! You definitely have to be careful with mods, like I said, I read the reviews of the earlier FLB cabover and decided to wait and sure enough they patched it a few times and everything was well received, so I got it.
If you want to get your own fleet started, you can always take out loans, but be very careful as there is a time limit to pay back (much as in the real world ;D) As you level up you get more customizable features, with the W900L having a lot of extras. We are due to get the 389 soon also, though the mod that is out as shown above is really cool.

Jon

Jon_G

« Reply #43 on: February 29, 2016, 10:20:21 PM »

A couple more photos of the FLB

Here's another FLB without the aero fairings I drove on a few trips for another company

Found a CF trailer! It is part of the massive Wabash Duraplate mod

Jon

Jon_G

« Reply #44 on: March 03, 2016, 04:23:34 PM »
It might just be his computer, here's a few shots I've taken on my pc. The 389/379 is a mod in case anyone is curious.

BTW, where did you find the 389 mod? I have seen several different ones, just wanting to be sure I don't get a glitchy one.

Jon

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #44 on: March 03, 2016, 04:23:34 PM »

Truck Driving Jobs