If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: American Truck Simulator  (Read 17670 times)

TWP

• Regular Membership
Re: American Truck Simulator
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2016, 02:20:57 PM »
Yes, but you're missing the point: you can actually "win" in the video game.

:P

Touche, well played.
Truckin`Addiction.
Argueing with a trucker is like wrestleing with a pig in the mud.
After a while you realize the pig is enjoying it.

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2016, 02:20:57 PM »

Jon_G

« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2016, 04:23:51 PM »

As someone who only knows trucking as a fan, I did not mean to make what you all do every day as real drivers seem trivial, the rest of us owe pretty much every item we have in our household to drivers as yourselves. This is only a game and is simply a fun way, in my opinion, to pass some free time, but I hope I did not come off as making light of the hard work that goes in to actual trucking and I apologize if I did.

Jon

Zeprome

• Regular Membership
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2016, 08:54:01 PM »
I'm pretty sure we are all pulling each other's leg for fun. But, I have huge respect to real drivers who make their living on the road.

TWP

• Regular Membership
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2016, 09:31:39 AM »
Completely in jest from my end,  :)
Truckin`Addiction.
Argueing with a trucker is like wrestleing with a pig in the mud.
After a while you realize the pig is enjoying it.

Devin_Herriot

• Regular Membership
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2016, 12:12:56 PM »
I play euro truck sim with american truck mods. The only two current trucks are a kw 780 and a pete of some kind.
...duties and obligations before pleasures and desires...

Jon_G

« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2016, 05:41:25 PM »

Here's a couple of screen shots I took earlier this week:

Jon

Oso2

• Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2016, 01:12:35 AM »
No shadows underneath the trucks?  ???
Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!

Iowa80

• Regular Membership
« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2016, 04:52:46 PM »
While this wouldn't be anything like driving real trucks for a living of course, it sounds fun and interesting, and I would consider buying it if I actually had time to play it.  I watched the features trailer and it looks like there is a huge variety of truck configurations possible, with daycab, midroof, and condo configurations, various truck colors and paint schemes, and a variety of trailers.  Yes, the only trucks available are the 579 and T680, but it seems like there will be additional trucks in future updates.  I'm actually glad they used the 579/T680 for this because, like it or not, they've become very prominent on American highways and contributes to that real-world feel.

Jon_G

« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2016, 06:12:28 PM »
No shadows underneath the trucks?  ???
I noticed that as well ;D

Jon_G

« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2016, 06:14:25 PM »

I will second GTA V being fun as well. Usually I play that online with friends, and the trucks don't last too long. They're great for crashing through things though ;D
In terms of American Truck Simulator, there will be a W900L and 389, as well as Arizona, in an upcoming update. There are also several mods to get more trucks and realistic trailer liveries. One guy has a great looking Freightliner FLB (cabover) mod that I am going to have to try, it looks really good.

Jon

Jon_G

« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2016, 08:42:47 AM »

Well, just to update, I bought my "company's" first truck yesterday ;D I have played the European version of this game for awhile and have built a large fleet, and I am trying to do the same in this one. Truck #001 is a 2016 Peterbilt 579 daycab, with two-tone paint and small chrome details like the mirrors and door handles.
Here it is picking it up from Peterbilt

And here it is on its first trip, pulling a Knight trailer.

Jon

Iowa80

• Regular Membership
« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2016, 07:49:33 PM »
I have to say I really, really love that color scheme. 8)  Did you choose the colors yourself or was that a preset combo?  (The features trailer I watched showed an option to make your own color, so that's why I ask.)  And it actually lets you own a "fleet"??  Nice!  Then, what happens to the other trucks in the fleet when you're not driving them - do they stay at one particular location, or do you have access to them wherever you are?  Also, can you actually number your trucks in the game, or is that just your personal record keeping.

Sorry about all the questions; I just find this game more intriguing the more I find out about it, and I think half the fun is simply all the different trailers and truck configurations.

Jon_G

« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2016, 10:34:15 PM »

Thank you! The paint scheme layout is one they have but I chose the actual colors myself, they give you the option of different color schemes, each of which you can customize the colors, as well as single colors like the ones posted above.
As you make more money in the game, you can expand and buy more garages and trucks. The other trucks are "driven" but computer AI, which do make money for you and do their own trips, though you never actually run into them on the road. You can switch trucks any time you want, I only have two now but I've had Euro Truck for awhile. I have a thread for that so I can post some photos of my trucks from there as well.
As for the numbers, no its just my own record keeping, find it more fun that way ;D

No worries, glad you are getting interested in the game, it is really addicting! And its only $20 so its not bad for what you are getting. They are due to add two new trucks soon as well. There is also a big mod community for both games, for example the Knight trailer is part of a massive Wabash Duraplate pack that has a lot of real US companies included.

Jon

Jon_G

« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2016, 10:49:48 AM »

Just to update further (and if you guys want to move this thread out of the main news area, please feel free to do so), my second truck is now fully up and running. #002 is a 2016 Kenworth T680 daycab. I went with a small moose guard for this one, mostly because I like the appearance, but the company is based out west so it could be useful.

Jon

Iowa80

• Regular Membership
« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2016, 08:03:07 PM »
Once again, nice job on making the truck look good, and I would be interested in seeing some more updates.  However, if that's the case, moving this thread, or making a new one somewhere else, might be a good idea.

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2016, 08:03:07 PM »

Truck Driving Jobs