If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: Mooby's Randoms (Updated 11-7-19)  (Read 37497 times)

partsman88

• Regular Membership
    • My page (Flickr)
Re: Mooby's Randoms (Updated 10-3-19)
« Reply #330 on: November 07, 2019, 07:44:35 AM »
I didn't want to make a new thread for 3 shots, so I'll stash them here.

Went to the Nats victory parade in DC on Saturday, truck opportunities were far and few between but I did catch the Clydesdale trucks coming down the parade route. Unfortunately the police presence was so heavy it made clean shots nearly impossible.

3 trailers, 8 horses. I think the first 2 trailers haul the horses and the last one hauls the gear and the carriage. Here's a few shots of them from the parade:

Hank's Truck Forum

Re: Mooby's Randoms (Updated 10-3-19)
« Reply #330 on: November 07, 2019, 07:44:35 AM »

Truck Driving Jobs

JJG

Re: Mooby's Randoms (Updated 11-7-19)
« Reply #331 on: November 08, 2019, 12:11:24 AM »
Nice stuff there, always like a little pizazz around some bright coloured trucks, you did good to catch them how you did inspire all the clutter!! It has a "victory feel" to it ::)

Jim.

Rob Archer

• Administrator
  • Forum Administrator
    • Slickpic
« Reply #332 on: November 08, 2019, 01:41:52 AM »
It has a "victory feel" to it ::)

Jim.

GO EXPOS!!!!

R. Buron

• Regular Membership
« Reply #333 on: November 08, 2019, 08:50:33 AM »
Very good shots ! Petes and horses, what a nice mix.

partsman88

• Regular Membership
    • My page (Flickr)
« Reply #334 on: November 08, 2019, 06:43:50 PM »
Thanks guys! Jim, those cops getting in the way mostly ruined my day because I also wanted to do some non-truck shots (which, shameless self-plug, you can also view here). Rene, glad you liked the shots. I'm not a horse guy but the Clydesdales are neat. Rob, your loss is our gain. Also you live in Toronto, why don't you root for the Jays? Also in case you're interested, I hear Tampa is exploring a move to Montreal, which kinda makes sense to me because Tampa doesn't even support its' teams when they're doing well.

charlie

• Regular Membership
  • Wish i were built like a Mack truck
« Reply #335 on: November 08, 2019, 06:52:40 PM »
The Bud trucks are neat but i'm not a big fan of the beer. ;D Saw the Clydesdales many years ago at a rodeo in Denver....something to remember for sure. :)

JJG

« Reply #336 on: November 08, 2019, 11:26:56 PM »
Rob is a Blue Jays fan Brian, he just said go Expos in reference to the Nats being former Montreal Expos........I have t think. If Montreal would get the team from Tampa, I wonder if they will rename them the Expos?

The horses are cool, the Bud beer, not so much, the Peterbilts, they look good!!

Jim

Rob Archer

• Administrator
  • Forum Administrator
    • Slickpic
« Reply #337 on: November 09, 2019, 05:36:08 AM »
Brian - I do root for the Jays (just ask Charlie) but Les Expos were the first major league team in Canada and got a lot of TV exposure until the Jays opened up. The Expos and Jays were the natural rivals when inter league play started. So, it was sad when Les Expos fell into the grasp first of Jeffery Loria and then the League and finally moved to Washington. (Your gain)
The Blue Jays now play their closing spring training games in Montreal to enthuiastic crowds.
Two springs ago, rookie sensation Vladimir Guerrero Jr hit a big home run in that game.
He was actually born in Montreal when his dad played there.

So, the Toronto Blue Jays have evolved into Canada's team (check the crowds when the Jays play in Seattle) but most of us who enjoy baseball have a warm spot for Canada's first team and were quietly cheering for the Nationals because of their roots.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/baseball/mlb/nationals-ceased-expos-long-ago-thin-ties-still-bring-joy/

**update** Good parade coverage Brian.
Charlie - Budweiser is brewed in Canada by Labatts. They were the lead advertisers on Expos games in the late 60's and early 70's.
The Montreal Expos started play in 1969. They were named after the 1967 Montreal Worlds Fair which was EXPO 67.
Here's an article from 10 years ago about how Loria, aided and abetted by MLB and Bud "lite" Selig destroyed the team and moved the shell to Washington.
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/118868-how-jeffrey-loria-destroyed-the-montreal-exposnationals
« Last Edit: November 09, 2019, 07:26:52 AM by Rob Archer »

partsman88

• Regular Membership
    • My page (Flickr)
« Reply #338 on: November 10, 2019, 01:18:29 PM »
I'm not sure if they would rename the Expos but I hope Montreal gets a team back. I grew up an O's fan (and still have a soft spot for them) because I was too young to understand why DC didn't have a team. It's a real shame what Loria did, he did the same thing to the Marlins too. I can't understand why he wants to own teams but have no desire to help them win titles. I wish our gain didn't have to come via such a shitty method but it is what it is.

Also I agree with you guys, not a Bud fan but the trucks are cool. And thanks for the history lesson on how the Expos were Canada's first team.

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #338 on: November 10, 2019, 01:18:29 PM »

Truck Driving Jobs

Truck Driving Jobs