If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: Mooby's Randoms (Updated 2-21-19)  (Read 28887 times)

partsman88

• Regular Membership
    • My page (Flickr)
Re: Mooby's Randoms (Updated 2-4-19)
« Reply #285 on: February 15, 2019, 05:57:59 PM »
Anyways I was excited to update today because I finally caught one of these tri-pony axle concrete mixers, although it wasn't one of the new Granite's Vulcan has. This 567 belongs to Aggregate Industries of Greenbelt, MD although I caught this one off Route 50 in Chantilly. I'm sure they have a local plant around there somewhere:

And then we have a T880 for an operator out of Catharpin, VA:

And a neat older RD Series for an o/o out of Woodbridge:

And a 114SD for McClain & Co. of Culpeper, VA:

Never seen this one on the road, so I'm sure this FL Classic for Fairfax County Solid Waste is headed to auction soon:

International S2500 for Woodlawn Construction of Ashland, VA. Neat stick on the driver's door says "Take care of this unit. It's your bread and butter."

Freightliner M2-106 offroad tree trimmer for Pittman's Tree and Landscaping of Front Royal, VA:

And finally a collection of plow trucks for Dulles airport, they always stage them here when they're expecting snow:
« Last Edit: February 15, 2019, 06:32:03 PM by partsman88 »

Hank's Truck Forum

Re: Mooby's Randoms (Updated 2-4-19)
« Reply #285 on: February 15, 2019, 05:57:59 PM »

charlie

• Regular Membership
  • Wish i were built like a Mack truck
Re: Mooby's Randoms (Updated 2-15-19)
« Reply #286 on: February 15, 2019, 06:31:27 PM »
Some really cool shots here. 8) I look at your photos & realize I don't take enough photos of vocational trucks. Always love VA dump trucks but the plow trucks are sharp.

partsman88

• Regular Membership
    • My page (Flickr)
« Reply #287 on: February 15, 2019, 06:39:51 PM »
Thanks Charlie. You should, correct me if I'm wrong but I'm sure due to various bridge laws there are some unique trucks that Jersey has that you can't find in other states.

I'll have to post some shots of the MWAA-Dulles fleet sometime, they have 20-30 year old Volvo/Autocars/Paystars that are still mint. Caught a few of them at the Dulles Plane Pull years ago and was surprised how mint they were despite their age.

Wreckerman

• Regular Membership
  • 🇺🇸
« Reply #288 on: February 15, 2019, 10:15:53 PM »
The Mack RD is a tough looking older rig, the tall dual stacks give it a mean look.
The M2 4x4 is really cool, I wouldn't mind having one with a crew cab and a pickup bed on that chassis. ;D
Move Over & Slow Down for Stopped Emergency Vehicles.
This Includes Tow Trucks and Their Operators.

JJG

« Reply #289 on: February 15, 2019, 10:37:23 PM »
I always enjoy the various unique trucks in certain regions, I have seen you post several dump trucks before but the concrete mixer with all the training wheels is very sharp! And , unique, yeah, that M2 tree trimmer is sure wild! The impressive snow plow fleet is so clean looking, is if they never have been put to use!

Jim.

partsman88

• Regular Membership
    • My page (Flickr)
« Reply #290 on: February 16, 2019, 08:34:09 AM »
I agree on that Mack RD Wreckerman, the RD Series is one of my favorite Mack rigs and I've been trying to get a clean shot of that guy for a long time but he usually parks his rig in a solo spot on the backside of the gas station I go to weekly (where I can't get a clean shot of it). Saw it there yesterday when I was driving by and seized the day. I agree on the beefy M2-106 too, it's rare to see them spec'd out like that and it looks tough compared to the dime-a-dozen box vans you see everywhere.

And thanks Jim, I could probably dedicate several sets to all the dump trucks I shoot around here haha. That's the first mixer I've shot with 3 pony axles though, majority of the companies around here spec them the same with 2 drives, 1 pony, and that tailgate axle that idk what they call. I saw a Granite for Vulcan two months ago that was spec'd the same as this but he was pouring concrete at my job and I couldn't get a shot.

JJG

« Reply #291 on: February 16, 2019, 03:23:12 PM »
That axle is known as a booster lift axle. We have them here to with the twin steer combo, other regions don't use them but I see more tri-drives now with twin steer.

Jim.

partsman88

• Regular Membership
    • My page (Flickr)
« Reply #292 on: February 21, 2019, 07:11:49 PM »
Thanks Jim! Majority of the concrete trucks around here use them, but they're the only ones. Glad to have that question finally answered.

On to the next set. It's been a week of slim pickins' round here but here's a few I grabbed:

Sometimes you get lucky and the truck comes directly to you. This is the loading dock for Gabe's, a clothing store that I like to sit at the side of to catch moving trucks headed out from near my neighborhood. Typically Gabe's gets one overnight delivery that I know of, so seeing this was a rare catch:

Fairfax County Solid Waste doesn't have money for new trucks, so they decided to rebuild this old LEU613 with a new body and a fresh paintjob. The old paintjob is the grey that you see on the Volvo in the background. It hasn't been 6 months with this new paintjob and the trash juice is already staining the front though.

I will forever love 53' cans for some reason and I liked the paint on this T660 for XPO Logistics Drayage out of Charlotte:

Totally guessing on this but I'd say this is a Pete 330 for YRC Freight:

And we round out the set with a FL M2-112 vacuum truck for Atlantic Heating & Cooling out of VA Beach. They do a ton of work up here so it's not hard to find them laid over at various hotels around here.

« Last Edit: February 21, 2019, 07:15:20 PM by partsman88 »

charlie

• Regular Membership
  • Wish i were built like a Mack truck
Re: Mooby's Randoms (Updated 2-21-19)
« Reply #293 on: February 21, 2019, 07:23:57 PM »
I was shocked to see a garbage truck in line at the Blue Beacon today in Brunswick GA. :o :o Didnít think they went near them.

partsman88

• Regular Membership
    • My page (Flickr)
« Reply #294 on: February 21, 2019, 07:45:48 PM »
I wouldn't see the point either Charlie, the way they run those things it wouldn't be a week before it was filthy again.

Wreckerman

• Regular Membership
  • 🇺🇸
« Reply #295 on: February 23, 2019, 01:48:14 PM »
The Atlantic vac truck is cool, the bright paint job and the wrapped tanks are particularly neat. :)
Move Over & Slow Down for Stopped Emergency Vehicles.
This Includes Tow Trucks and Their Operators.

partsman88

• Regular Membership
    • My page (Flickr)
« Reply #296 on: February 24, 2019, 10:32:58 AM »
Agreed Wreckerman, I also like it because Atlantic runs a lot of older equipment so it's rare to see something like a M2-112 for them.

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #296 on: February 24, 2019, 10:32:58 AM »

Truck Driving Jobs