If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: Mooby's Randoms (Updated 9-30-18)  (Read 21458 times)

partsman88

• Regular Membership
    • My page (Flickr)
Re: Mooby's Randoms (Updated 6-12-18)
« Reply #195 on: June 13, 2018, 04:09:01 PM »
Hey, congrats that the Caps won the cup, they sure did have a mission by the looks of it, thought Vegas would have been harder to take down!

Great shots of the action as always, they make for some of the most interesting trucks and are most often so clean. The KW lighting truck is outstanding no doubt, cool colour too! The W900L, very nice!

Jim.

Thanks Jim! After the regular season beating they put on us and G1 I thought we were in for a hell of a fight too, had no idea we'd get our shit together and take it in 5. And I agree on the production trucks, they're always a treat to find.

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #195 on: June 13, 2018, 04:09:01 PM »

Wreckerman

• Regular Membership
  • 🇺🇸
« Reply #196 on: June 13, 2018, 08:44:46 PM »
Wow, that K100 is A+, definitely a treat to catch one, especially working! :o
The W900L is very nice, even the trailer is slicked up. 8)
The fire truck is neat too, the single tires on the rear are interesting, I usually associate that with airport rigs.
Move Over & Slow Down for Stopped Emergency Vehicles.
This Includes Tow Trucks and Their Operators.

partsman88

• Regular Membership
    • My page (Flickr)
« Reply #197 on: June 14, 2018, 04:15:40 PM »
Thanks Wreckerman! I agree on the rear tires for the ladder, although I think it's weird moreso because if one blows the truck goes down until they can get a road tech out wherever. Not to mention as heavy as that ladder truck is (moreso because it's a larger ladder with more storage than normal) those tires have to be hella beefy. And I know from experience (if they're like the county to the north that I work for) when they put tires on it it's probably gotta be Michelins, which means 5~600 a tire because they can only ride on the best. But I'd be willing to bet they never have blowouts simply because they get replaced long before they're worn out, and they def. wouldn't put recaps on any piece of apparatus.

So yeah, TL;DR very interesting decision to go with super singles on that.

Blue Mule74

• Regular Membership
« Reply #198 on: June 16, 2018, 01:23:05 AM »
Nice Series, Since I've last visited this thread, Mooby
Lance C.

Founder of Lance's Truck Picture's

Jon_G

« Reply #199 on: June 26, 2018, 01:18:56 PM »

The K100 lighting truck is awesome, love the livery and awesome that they matched it all together. Cool catches on the production trucks and the armored cars as well!

Jon

partsman88

• Regular Membership
    • My page (Flickr)
« Reply #200 on: June 30, 2018, 06:12:27 PM »
Thanks Jon! I keep trying to get a better picture of it but security is tight and the angle is super poor. They stare me down every time I cruise past lol.

Anyways here's several more that I've shot this last week:

Gorgeous heavy haul 379 for JJ's & Associates of Wayland, MI:

Pete 389 for Right Way Auto Transport of Elkton, MD:

Pete 348 for Horton's Wrecker Service of Manassas, VA:

Volvo-Autocar ACL64 for McClain and Co. out of Culpeper, VA:

Pair of Pete 389's for Virginia Transportation Corp. out of West Warwick, RI:

I know we're not a RR board but for the RR fans on here took this shot of the Auto Train passing through Ashland, VA last year:

Wreckerman

• Regular Membership
  • 🇺🇸
« Reply #201 on: June 30, 2018, 09:35:18 PM »
Wow, that JJ's & Associates Rig is a stunner! 8)
The Horton's Pete is cool too.
Thanks for the Amtrak shot, I've watched it pass through Ashland on Virtual RailFan's live stream a few times. The Virtual RailFan cameras are also great for watching truck traffic to. :)

partsman88

• Regular Membership
    • My page (Flickr)
« Reply #202 on: July 01, 2018, 08:21:27 AM »
I didn't know about Virtual Railfan, thanks for the tip! Watching the livestream right now, this might actually be clutch because the old RF&P line passes my neighborhood almost an hour north of Ashland. I might be able to use this to my advantage. Much appreciated.

And I agree, that heavy haul 379 is super nice. First time I've seen a rig like that stop overnight in Woodbridge, usually it's all movers.

JJG

« Reply #203 on: July 01, 2018, 11:51:13 AM »
What an awesome catch on the Heavy Haul Pete, outstanding rig, load and all just cool!

Jim.

partsman88

• Regular Membership
    • My page (Flickr)
Re: Mooby's Randoms (Updated 6-30-18)
« Reply #204 on: July 08, 2018, 06:09:24 PM »
Thanks Jim! That was a rare opportunity for me, usually never see heavy haulers like that staying in Woodbridge.

Speaking of rare opportunities, waited a couple weeks for this shot. There was always something in the way of this truck, this KW T370 is owned by Lightnin Production Rentals and was being rented out by Crown City Pictures out of Burbank to work on the set of Wonder Woman 1984, which is still filming at Landmark Mall for a few more days. It's called a Deluxe Honeywagon and you can read more about it here: http://lightnin.com/NEW/products/honeywagons/deluxe-honeywagons/

Also for the record the dusk shot wasn't intentional, just decided to drive by when I got off work last week and got lucky, felt like I had to seize the moment.

« Last Edit: July 08, 2018, 06:11:27 PM by partsman88 »

charlie

• Regular Membership
  • Wish i were built like a Mack truck
Re: Mooby's Randoms (Updated 7-8-18)
« Reply #205 on: July 08, 2018, 07:17:08 PM »
Beautiful dusk shot. :) 8) Cool info on the Deluxe Honeywagon. ;D

JJG

« Reply #206 on: July 08, 2018, 08:32:53 PM »
Love that dusk shot, interesting truck and .....well, someone's gotta supply the service ::)

Jim.

Rob Archer

• Administrator
  • Forum Administrator
    • www.hankstruckpictures.com
« Reply #207 on: July 09, 2018, 04:25:25 AM »
Thanks, friends of mine went to Ashland this spring. There is a hotel where you can watch the trains from the balcony apparently.
Good dusk shot....an opportunity well seized!

partsman88

• Regular Membership
    • My page (Flickr)
« Reply #208 on: August 02, 2018, 07:00:46 PM »
Thanks for the comments guys! With the volume of shots I got on the set I think one day I'm going to make a specific thread for all the production trucks I caught as well as a few interesting extras for any movie buffs here. For now I'm gonna share a large volume of fire rigs & random catches I've uploaded lately.

I'll start with another pair of bridge inspection trucks for McClain and Co. out of Culpeper, VA:

Truck 208, Alexandria FD. '09 Pierce Arrow XT w/ 100' ladder.                                                                Freightliner M2-106/Farber MT-55 mobile command for FCPD's bomb squad unit.

Freightliner Columbia expediter for FEMA:                                                                                           Truck 205, Alexandria FD. 2017 Seagrave Marauder II TDA w/ 100' ladder.

Pete 359 for Friend's Tow of Beltsville, MD:                                                                                       Tower 619, Loudoun County DFR. '07 Pierce Dash, 95' ladder.

Command Post 503, PWCDFR. 2002 E-One Cyclone/VanMor.                                                                  Medic 520, PWCDFR. 2013 FL M2-106/Wheeled Coach.

Truck 411, FCFR. 2009 Pierce Velocity, 105' ladder.                                                                               Tower 13, Dale City Vol. Fire Dept. 2016 Seagrave Marauder II, 95' Aerialscope.

IC 4800 for Gate Gourmet, which is HQ'd in Reston, VA. Seen at Dulles International.                            Special Ops 302, MWAA FD. 2006 KW T300/Hackney:

A little something different, this is called a Plane Mate and it's basically a shuttle bus between terminals at Dulles.
Also capable of raising to plane height so they can mate with aircraft.                                                    Foam 304, MWAA FD. 2015 Oshkosh Global Striker, runs out of Station 304 at Dulles.

And finally, shot I took today in between blue skies and scattered thunderstorms.
Foam 358, MWAA FD. 2001 Oshkosh TI-3000, runs out of Station 304 at Dulles.                                      KW T600 owned by a local.                       

Wreckerman

• Regular Membership
  • 🇺🇸
Re: Mooby's Randoms (Updated 8-2-18)
« Reply #209 on: August 02, 2018, 07:17:55 PM »
Man, that's some super cool stuff there!
Spec Ops 302 and Foam 304 are really cool, particularly 304, the big Oshkosh fire trucks are just so cool! 8)
The Plane Mate is cool to, definitely unusual. :)

Hank's Truck Forum

Re: Mooby's Randoms (Updated 8-2-18)
« Reply #209 on: August 02, 2018, 07:17:55 PM »

Truck Driving Jobs