If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: Mooby's Randoms (Updated 1-8-20)  (Read 40133 times)

partsman88

• Regular Membership
    • My page (Flickr)
Mooby's Randoms (Updated 1-8-20)
« on: January 14, 2016, 08:53:14 PM »
Let me start by saying for those of you who don't know, I live and work in NoVa, which is a part of the DMV area (DC-Maryland-Virginia) for future reference. I plan on using this thread to post pictures of random trucks rather than create a new thread everytime, as I usually get a fair amount of opportunities thanks to my daily commute. I'll start with these 11 images:

« Last Edit: January 08, 2020, 06:28:57 PM by partsman88 »

Hank's Truck Forum

Mooby's Randoms (Updated 1-8-20)
« on: January 14, 2016, 08:53:14 PM »

wayne_crane

• http://www.hankstruckpictures.com/pix/trucks/wayne_crane/w_crane_title.gif
Re: Random DMV shots
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2016, 11:21:18 PM »
Lot of interesting rigs down your last photo is my pick :) :)

Blue Mule74

• Regular Membership
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2016, 11:36:56 PM »
Nice Picture's you got, I was down in your area back in July of 2014, I'm really liking all the 379's you got, especially that Gray one, seeing A Darker Gray with metallic is one of my favorite colors, when it comes down to vehicle's
Lance C.

Founder of Lance's Truck Picture's

Rob Archer

• Administrator
  • Forum Administrator
    • Slickpic
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2016, 06:45:39 AM »
A continuing thread seems to work about the best rather than opening something hew each time.
You might tell us a little about the carrier and the areas where you get the pictures.
That way if the viewers ever get down to DMV they might know where to look for picture opportunities.
Nice start to this thread, looking forward to updates.

Rob

charlie

• Regular Membership
  • Wish i were built like a Mack truck
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2016, 07:08:31 AM »
Flatbed 4th pic down.......where was this taken? ???

Iowa80

• Regular Membership
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2016, 01:18:01 PM »
Interesting pictures; I'm looking forward to seeing more! 8)

G. Laplante

• Regular Membership
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2016, 01:52:23 PM »
Nice variety of pics. I am just waiting to see more.

partsman88

• Regular Membership
    • My page (Flickr)
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2016, 05:25:53 PM »
Thanks guys! Sorry I didn't include any information as to where these were taken, I was in a rush. I'm gonna go down the list in order though:

#1 was taken on S. Pickett St. in Alexandria. At the end past Van Dorn it clears out and there's always a couple regulars and a couple overnighters that stay there.

2-5 were taken in the old Kmart parking lot in Dale City, VA. I think the two Petes are O/O and the car carriers are based out of Alexandria.

6-9 were taken off of Industrial Rd in Springfield, VA at the same spot. I found a great spot on Edsall Road for all the trucks coming in and out of the industrial park located on Industrial Rd if anyone is interested

10-11 were taken in a parking lot on the corner of Route 1 and Ox Road in Woodbridge, VA. If anyone cruises through there in the evening you can usually find a few overnighters in that parking lot and at the hotel behind the shopping center.

Also if anyone is coming through my area please feel free to contact me for good spots. I've been doing this since I got my camera last June and I feel like I know the majority of good spots between Alexandria and Woodbridge. I'd be happy to help.

partsman88

• Regular Membership
    • My page (Flickr)
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2016, 07:35:03 PM »
Round 2 here we go:

Not the best pic but this is a Williams Moving Co. Peterbilt 389 stopped overnight in Featherstone Plaza off Route 1 in Woodbridge, VA.

I consider this to be the best shot I've ever taken but unfortunately I was messing with my camera settings when I took it (for some reason I decided to try it with the file size as small as possible) so there won't be any detail if you zoom in. It was taken at a motel off Horner Rd. in Woodbridge that is very popular with overnighters looking for a place to park (the Purple Crow and the Eggland's Best are both regulars at this spot) and I keep going back trying to recreate it but that beautiful dark blue haze is an extremely rare occurrence in my neck of the woods.

This 40 ft. Chessie System trailer has been parked in the same spot behind the shopping center off Ox Rd. and Route 1 in Woodbridge for as long as I can remember.

Caught this Volvo for Southeast Frozen Foods docking at the Food Lion located on the corner of Ox. Rd and Route 1 in Woodbridge, VA.

Saw this Waste Management roll off dumpster being picked up at my local AVL agent Paxton Van Lines in Alexandria VA off the end of S. Pickett St.

This GMC for Fitzgerald Moving & Storage is local to this spot but I don't think they belong to Allied agent Victory Van Corp. The location is off S. Pickett St. in Alexandria.

Caught this 20 ft. Grimaldi can sitting outside Victory Van Corp's location on S. Pickett St.

I was initially sitting at this spot on S. Pickett to grab a shot of this 389 for UVL, but this Cat roll off dumpster hauler came along so I grabbed a shot of that first. I don't see a lot of Cat original trucks around here.

And here's the shot of this slick 389 for UVL agent King Relocation based out of LA/Orange County, CA sitting on the other side of the country on S. Pickett in Alexandria.

Caught this Ford L8000 for Kathmar Asphalt Construction at the intersection of S. Pickett St. and Van Dorn St. in Alexandria, VA.

Also caught this dump truck for East Trucking LLC out of Lorton, VA (I think it's an International but not entirely sure) at the same intersection in Alexandria.

Blue Mule74

• Regular Membership
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2016, 09:41:39 PM »
I'm really liking that Willams Moving Co. 389, But, My favorite one has to be that Old Ford Your Local Atlas Van Lines of when you were getting the picture of Roll Of Dump Garbage Truck, Probably, It probably has to do with me being a Ford Freak, When it comes down to Big Rig's and Pick-Up's 
Lance C.

Founder of Lance's Truck Picture's

partsman88

• Regular Membership
    • My page (Flickr)
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2016, 10:43:49 AM »
Thanks. That old Ford is a yard truck for Paxton Van Lines, and I go through there a few times a week. I'll try and grab a better shot of it next time I go through there.

partsman88

• Regular Membership
    • My page (Flickr)
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2016, 09:04:26 PM »
Here's another kinda large group of randoms:

#1 is a 379 for Garry Mercer Trucking Inc. which has offices in Mississauga, ON, and Rancho Cucamonga, CA docked at Allied agent Victory Van Corp.'s location in Alexandria, VA:

#2 is a FL Argosy car hauler for Precision Motor Transport Group of Okemos, MI leaving BMW of Alexandria, VA:

#3 is a nice W900 for JW Applicators of Midland, VA, stopped for the night in Woodbridge, VA:

#4 is a big bunk Coronado for Minor Moving of Austin, TX:

#5 is just a shot of an old Ford dump truck pulling over on a rainy day at an industrial park in Springfield, VA:

#6 is a shot of a FL Classic car carrier stopped in Springfield, VA:

#7 is a shot of a 378 flatbed for an unknown company parked in Alexandria, VA:

#8 is a closeup of a 379 dump truck leaving the Vulcan plant in Springfield, VA:

#9 is a shot of a nice W900 for Western Van & Storage from Kent, Washington parked on a side street in Alexandria, VA:

#10 is a group of Macks for Titan America in Springfield, VA:

#11 is a closeup of an older Mack and an older T800 for Titan America:

#12 is another group shot for Titan America in Springfield, VA:

And we'll wrap up this group with a shot of a nice single axle 379 hauling pup doubles for an unknown Arpin agent (apologies for the flash, there was no natural lighting around in this parking lot):

Rob Archer

• Administrator
  • Forum Administrator
    • Slickpic
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2016, 04:47:54 AM »
You were talking about how exotics live in other areas?
That Arpin pulling moving van pups is exotic for me.
I don't think I have a moving van pulling pups in any of my picture collections.
Good catch on it.
Garry Mercer runs a sharp fleet from Mississauga. They get good coverage here on the Forum.

G. Laplante

• Regular Membership
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2016, 05:15:54 AM »
Interesting pics . I like too the information you give in the captions. Nice night pics too.

Paul Kane

• Regular Membership
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2016, 08:07:02 PM »

And we'll wrap up this group with a shot of a nice single axle 379 hauling pup doubles for an unknown Arpin agent (apologies for the flash, there was no natural lighting around in this parking lot):

Mooby, no need to apologize, I think the flash worked out well.

I've seen/shot that rig several times.  The link below has a shot I posted back in '09 and also a few comments from the driver.
http://hankstruckforum.com/htforum/index.php?topic=37849.msg332708#msg332708

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2016, 08:07:02 PM »

Truck Driving Jobs

Truck Driving Jobs