If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: The Belt Trailer  (Read 2542 times)

peterbilttrucker

• Belly Dragger
    • My album
The Belt Trailer
« on: November 21, 2015, 11:04:40 AM »
I started the week hauling to P&G in Corinne on Monday and hopefully that job is done for the rest of the year. Tuesday and Wednesday I hauled to Geneva Rock in Perry in truck 507 with my usual trailers while Scarlett was shut down getting a wet kit installed to pull our new belt trailer. Thursday I hauled a load of dry rock salt to the UDOT shed in Cedar City and reloaded decorative rock for Staker/Parson in Ogden with the belt trailer. I was supposed to kick off the rock and reload more salt to go right back to Cedar City Friday, but while I was unloading the rock in Ogden, in the rain, the hydraulic oil filter popped off, leaving me stuck there, half unloaded. Mechanics came with more oil and another filter to get me unloaded, but I missed the salt loading appointment and took Friday off. Well, yesterday I went to go load the second load of dry rock salt to leave Monday and while I was cleaning out the belt at the yard, the filter blew off again...turns out the filter housing was mounted backwards, so the oil was flowing the wrong direction through the filter, making too much pressure. I had to hook the trailer to the other sleeper truck with a wet kit and go load the salt for the other driver to take Monday. Supposedly they greased my truck and capped the (now broken) filter housing last night so I can pull belly dumps to Geneva Rock in Perry again Monday. They are waiting on parts to fix my wet kit the right way now. I've still gotta go to the yard today to check it out, hook up my trailers, and wash the truck. The Geneva Rock Perry plant is closing until Spring after Thanksgiving, so with all these jobs wrapping up, it's about time to dress up the reefer trailer with mudflap weights and lugnut covers. I also have at least one, possibly two loads of golf course sand to take to St. George next week, possibly with Redmond salt to haul back north, and that will be in bellies, so I'm not sure when I'll be hooked to the belt trailer again, but it was kinda neat hauling a couple loads with it.
Skidmore finally mounted a visor on this beauty.

Class...you either have it, or you don't.

Hank's Truck Forum

The Belt Trailer
« on: November 21, 2015, 11:04:40 AM »

Pascal Pion

• Regular Membership
  • St Hyacinthe,Quebec,Canada
Re: The Belt Trailer
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2015, 11:58:49 AM »
Your awesome looking truck looks even better with the belt trailer.... Can't wait to see it hooked to the reefer!!!
War is the terrible ransom that humanity has to pay for it's stupidity...
                  Lt Col Charly Forbes,WW2 hero
                   Maisonneuve Regiment

peterbilttrucker

• Belly Dragger
    • My album
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2015, 05:48:10 PM »
Thank you very much! I would've shared some pictures of the truck after the wash I did last weekend if it would've been hooked to the belt at all last week, but it wasn't.

I hauled to Geneva Rock in Perry Monday and Tuesday, then started Wednesday that way, but got a call to run down to Redmond and pick up a load of salt for Salt Lake City. The St. George runs got pushed off for next week now. The reefer is currently missing, haha. It's hooked to one of our flatbed division trucks and not sure when it will be back.

Here's the only shot I took on this short week.

peterbilttrucker

• Belly Dragger
    • My album
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2015, 03:14:15 PM »
Well, it's been a month! I have now figured out the belt trailer a little bit and honestly, I miss my bellies, haha. Most belly dumping has wrapped up for the winter, other than a little salt hauling here and there, but I don't get any of it. The other sleeper truck has been hooked to the reefer since the Monday after Thanksgiving and I've been pulling the belt trailer almost that long, just waiting to switch him out so I can get a break! We've leased the belt to a company in Idaho, so they've been dispatching me and I don't know what any of the loads pay, but I've got a bad feeling about it. I hauled two local loads here for a mill and I know I didn't make much money at that, so the idea was to get over-the-road a bit with this other company. However, so far I've not gone any further from home than about two hundred miles. I've been working really hard, but it's been a lot of deadheading and doing local loads up in Southern Idaho. I sure was hoping for this next week off, mainly because I just don't enjoy my work with the belt trailer, but I'm pretty sure I'll be out on the belt, possibly going to Pasco, Washington. Everything I've been hauling has gone to mills or dairies, so I'm learning a lot of different kinds of feed and feed ingredients, haha. What an adventure.
The snow has been really hammering Idaho and Wyoming the past couple weeks, so I've had all kinds of excitement in Idaho. Even spun out on a hill after loading canola pellets in Milner, first time I've done that on a public road, but I got out without chains by lifting my front trailer axle and leaving the back one down, putting as much weight on my drives as possible.

Loaded s-carb. (like baking soda) in Westvaco, Wyoming behind this TSC truck.

peterbilttrucker

• Belly Dragger
    • My album
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2015, 03:36:04 PM »
Unloading a load of canola pellets in Declo, Idaho.

peterbilttrucker

• Belly Dragger
    • My album
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2016, 07:12:50 PM »
That belt ended up being some seriously cheap freight, sure was a bad deal for the month I ran it. Mostly a bad deal because of who was loading it for us. The other driver is pulling it now and likes it, but he doesn't know what it pays...he's getting deadheaded just as much as I was though. Hopefully I don't pull it again unless it's some salt that we get direct!

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2016, 07:12:50 PM »

Truck Driving Jobs

Truck Driving Jobs