If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: Trucking Movie Goofs  (Read 2685 times)

Farmer13

• Regular Membership
Trucking Movie Goofs
« on: July 18, 2015, 09:59:35 PM »
So which one do you think by far is the worst for Goof's and which actors do you think you know for sure that actually drove in these trucking movie's?
Ken Farmer

Hank's Truck Forum

Trucking Movie Goofs
« on: July 18, 2015, 09:59:35 PM »

NHRS

• Regular Membership
Re: Trucking Movie Goofs
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2015, 07:02:01 AM »
Read when that early trucking series began, about Claude Adkins, who was taught how to drive for that.

Did so good, when asked how Claude was doing, driving instructor said, if the series didn't catch on, at least they had a h--- of a driver.
If you don't ask, they can't say no.

hwyhaulier

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2015, 08:13:41 AM »
So which one do you think by far is the worst for Goof's and which actors do you think you know
for sure that actually drove in these trucking movie's?   

Ken - Lodge Members -

Good point! In watching many of the old Movies and TV productions, there were guys trying to
get it right! See the smaller text credits for "Technical Director"...

The Directors either knew their stuff, or they didn't. (A player should not have a TIMEX watch in
productions cast in, say, 1910.)...

A notable film in Hello Dolly! with Barbara Striesand. Local on street scenes to capture a day in
the neighborhood in Brroklyn, NY. BEKINS had a restored venerable unit in the film. Surely, it
historically correct for the time. (BEKINS "big guys" loved it, of course.)...

...........................Vern....................

NHRS

• Regular Membership
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2015, 11:18:38 AM »
One of my favorites for getting it right, is the final scene in "Five Easy Pieces" where Jack Nickleson catches a ride with the logger at the truckstop. When they get stretched out on the highway, can hear by the stack-talk, what's going on when "laddering up" with a set of "sticks".
If you don't ask, they can't say no.

Farmer13

• Regular Membership
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2015, 10:33:49 PM »
I know White Line Fever, Jan Michael Vincent actually had to get his CDL to drive the Blue Mule, But, there's also alot of movie's or TV Show's like Duel, Black Dog, B.J. and the Bear or Movin' on that just plain had alot of Goof's, I'm mean sure some of those the actor's really had to learn how to drive truck, I mean Carey Loftin who the truck driver from Duel was basically in a class of his own when it came down to being a legend, I know he was in many trucking movie's either performing Stunts or acting, either one, but, what I mean by Goof's is you can tell when they're using a different truck or part of the set up crew with their machine's in the film or just plain old notice something's not right
Ken Farmer

JoeLaForm

• Regular Membership
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2015, 09:17:03 PM »
The scene in Larger Than Life with Bill Murray driving an old COE. Gotta see it to believe it, lol

http://youtu.be/IPMgc_Hbomg

gman41

• Regular Membership
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2015, 06:52:33 PM »
Mike Stoker on the series Emergency was a real LA County fireman chosen by the directors for his good looks and his....ability to drive a fire truck. The production staff said they would never trust that job to an actor. He had to get a screen actors guild card and still work his regular shifts for the County in between where he retired as a Captain I believe many years after the show ended.

I heard that "movin on" which is on Hulu if you have it...was never driven by the actors and that they were only being towed when the scene showed they were driving.

Adam 12, the police show, was never driven by the actors, they were towed on a trailer too. The cameras and lights were mounted on pipes and the windshield removed to prevent glare. I would imagine that the trucker movies too were done that way.

Farmer13

• Regular Membership
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2015, 10:47:08 PM »
Probably one quite alot of the movie's, Also mentioning B.J. and the Bear, I also did hear there was some two behind scene's on that show as well, oh well, Both Movin' On and B.J. and the Bear were still both good series'
Ken Farmer

Blue Mule74

• Regular Membership
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2016, 01:22:03 AM »
I know James Brolin also did some driving while doing the movie Steel Cowboy and Nicki Aycox at the end of Joy Ride II actually drove the truck
Lance C.

Founder of Lance's Truck Picture's

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2016, 01:22:03 AM »

Truck Driving Jobs